ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 15
« First < 51112131415
Nzoner's Game Room>One Week to Retirement
Mosbonian 03:32 PM 03-22-2024
Good afternoon fellow Planeteers!

Exactly one week from today I will log off my laptop, gather what is left of my belongings at the office, hand in my equipment and turn in my badge.

After almost 48 years in my selected occupation I decided that the end of March is my retirement date. I've met many good people in my line of work and made a great deal of life long friends....(some of them Chiefs fans too)

Without getting too sentimental.....I think I have run my race and done the best I could to always be at the top of my game.

Now comes the next stage of my life....and I do have plans. But it would be nice to hear from any of the rest of you who are retired as to what happened after you retired......did you take a few weeks off before just moving to something part time or volunteer work? Or did you just hit the ground running.

Any retirement wisdom is greatly appreciated.

(And no....I am not taking a trip to Belize nor will I be drinking any anti-freeze)
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:44 AM 04-01-2024
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
With all the great conversations in this thread it makes me wonder if a thread on retirement and the how to's, possible pitfalls, and just general advice could be helpful here.

Your thoughts?
Sounds like a great idea. :-)
[Reply]
ChiTown 09:49 AM 04-01-2024
Originally Posted by Mosbonian:
With all the great conversations in this thread it makes me wonder if a thread on retirement and the how to's, possible pitfalls, and just general advice could be helpful here.

Your thoughts?
Great idea. I was fortunate enough in my career that I could have retired at 50, but I made the right decision and kept on working. Now I'm 57, and I'm seriously thinking about it. So, money hasn't been the reason I'm scared to fully retire. It's the "what do I do now" issue. My wife might be more nervous about that than I am :-)
[Reply]
Mosbonian 11:08 AM 04-01-2024
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
It's the "what do I do now" issue. My wife might be more nervous about that than I am :-)
I think people get so wrapped up in "how much money" that they never think about the spouse and their worries...and while we may think we are listening they may not believe you are thinking beyond "I grt to quit working ".

When my wife and I first discussed my retirement seriously she had reservations....and good ones too. So we set a time, adjusted and addressed our budget. But thanks to the company I worked for having issues finding my replacement it came a year later than I wanted to.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 02:23 PM 04-01-2024
Do not overlook the restorative properties of a good nap.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 15
« First < 51112131415
Up