ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 17
« First < 61213141516 17 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Make QB Sneaking with Patrick Mahomes Great Again
BWillie 03:45 PM 09-02-2022
No risk it no biscuit and stats have shown its a low probability of injury play. Shit happens.
[Reply]
Dante84 04:47 PM 01-31-2024
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Somehow there was no injury on that 2022 Tampa play. His trainer took this photo from the sidelines. It sure as hell looks like an injury play, lol

We were so, so lucky that his ankle slipped through that
[Reply]
Mecca 04:48 PM 01-31-2024
Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven:
Fine, why not line Pacheco up as QB? Or CEH? They ARE running backs after all...

Seriously, spend the whole offseason having them take 100 snaps a day or some shit if you are worried about them handling the snap. It's silly to me.
They could do that, but for some reason they insist on leaving Mahomes back there which just gives them one less blocker.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 04:55 PM 01-31-2024
Play fake to Pacheco and Mahomes rolls out to run for the first down.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 06:28 PM 01-31-2024
Why not employ a younger, more athletic backup, instead of an old player who should already be retired?

Imagine having a backup like Taysom Hill or Justin Fields. Sorry, but Fields should be a backup. Not only could you run the sneak, but you could go 5 wide, spread the defense out, and run an rpo with a quick slant or run by the QB.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:50 PM 01-31-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:
Why not employ a younger, more athletic backup, instead of an old player who should already be retired?

Imagine having a backup like Taysom Hill or Justin Fields. Sorry, but Fields should be a backup. Not only could you run the sneak, but you could go 5 wide, spread the defense out, and run an rpo with a quick slant or run by the QB.
Because then you take the best nfl player ever off the field. That is a better option than using blake bell though.

You want to have the ability to still throw sometimes to surprise them which is the whole idea you want mahomes still on the field.
[Reply]
DRM08 06:54 PM 01-31-2024
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic:

I would not trust guys like Fields or Taysom Hill to throw the ball in those situations. You might as well put Mahomes on the edge with a run/pass option and let him work his magic. They take the ball out of his hands way too often in short yardage. Other teams would not do this if they had Patrick Mahomes at QB. Just my two cents.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 07:01 PM 01-31-2024
I would not trust guys like Fields or Taysom Hill to throw the ball in those situations. You might as well put Mahomes on the edge with a run/pass option and let him work his magic. They take the ball out of his hands way too often in short yardage. Other teams would not do this if they had Patrick Mahomes at QB. Just my two cents.
I personally would spread the defense out, with 5 wide, and roll the pocket to the wide side of the field, and let Mahomes choose running or passing. I trust he would make the best decision.

Unless you are running a sneak, I am not really a fan of running up the middle on 4th & 1, when all 22 players are basically lined up in a pre-snap scrum, all within a very small area of the field.

I suggested an athletic backup because it would allow for more flexibility than just a sneak. Plus, I am not really a fan of older backups anymore, because Mahomes no longer needs a veteran presence in the QB room any longer, so an older, more physically limited backup doesn't make sense.
[Reply]
-King- 07:03 PM 01-31-2024
Somehow there was no injury on that 2022 Tampa play. His trainer took this photo from the sidelines. It sure as hell looks like an injury play, lol

I always wince watching that play but holy shit that pic makes it 100% worse than I thought. Wow. He really does have the most elastic limbs in football.

Unrelated, but I also wince at how close Demarcus Robinson came to stepping in his hand celebrating his TD run in the Titans game.
[Reply]
BWillie 07:58 PM 02-11-2024
Not sure what else there is to say

I've tried to say my peace
[Reply]
KS Smitty 08:12 PM 02-11-2024
That was pretty sneaky.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:39 PM 02-11-2024
Have TWO chances to do it.

Better get it.
[Reply]
BWillie 09:39 PM 02-11-2024
Lol and we qb run anyway...yeahhh buddy
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:39 PM 02-11-2024
They will never, ever call this.

And in two straight Super Bowls, it didn’t matter.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:54 PM 02-11-2024
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
They will never, ever call this.

And in two straight Super Bowls, it didn’t matter.
It could have. I thought it was humorous that they did a designed QB rollout run from shotgun instead of a sneak. So clearly it shouldn't be an issue to run the sneak sometimes.

Hopefully they ban the tush push next season, but even regular QB sneaks are super efficient.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 12:12 AM 02-12-2024
Originally Posted by BWillie:
It could have. I thought it was humorous that they did a designed QB rollout run from shotgun instead of a sneak. So clearly it shouldn't be an issue to run the sneak sometimes.

Hopefully they ban the tush push next season, but even regular QB sneaks are super efficient.
The fact they didn’t do it on 4th and 1 when facing elimination in the Super Bowl tells me that Andy’s hesitancy has to be injury related — and that there has to be some legitimacy behind Andy’s concern.

They’re gonna have to win without it, and so far, they’ve won a dynasty without it.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 17
« First < 61213141516 17 >
Up