Page 16 of 21
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>The Vikings told Dalvin Cook they are releasing him
Mecca 12:12 PM 05-18-2023
Interested?
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:39 AM 07-18-2023
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
It's really kind of funny, yet sad at the same time. They are all tweeting in solidarity, but also must know that Owners/GMs/Coaches have come to realize that there are only a few big money RBs that make a difference. Gurley's contract and what happened after was the beginning of the end for huge contracts for most RBs.

That said, I think NYG are making a big mistake with Saquon. That dude was a huge reason they made the playoffs last year. Jones isn't repeating that season without him.
The Giants should have skipped out on Daniel Jones imo. I'd rather have 3-4 years of prime Saquon while looking for a qb upgrade. But they have been bad for so long that ownership probably just said fuck it, make the playoffs again.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 08:41 AM 07-18-2023
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
It's really kind of funny, yet sad at the same time. They are all tweeting in solidarity, but also must know that Owners/GMs/Coaches have come to realize that there are only a few big money RBs that make a difference. Gurley's contract and what happened after was the beginning of the end for huge contracts for most RBs.

That said, I think NYG are making a big mistake with Saquon. That dude was a huge reason they made the playoffs last year. Jones isn't repeating that season without him.
More reasons to move on from Danny Pennies. Do not pay Running Backs...
[Reply]
O.city 09:01 AM 07-18-2023
Pay Rb's that can catch passes and block, ala McCaffrey and Kamara.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:04 AM 07-18-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Pay Rb's that can catch passes and block, ala McCaffrey and Kamara.
Even those guys have been pretty banged up
[Reply]
O.city 09:07 AM 07-18-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Even those guys have been pretty banged up
Absolutely, but atleast with those guys there's a chance to get some value for your money.
[Reply]
Mecca 09:09 AM 07-18-2023
I have already seen people saying the NFL needs to fix this or they are gonna have a future problem where no one wants to play RB because they know they don't get paid, so top athletes coming up from high school will avoid that position.
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:11 AM 07-18-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
I have already seen people saying the NFL needs to fix this or they are gonna have a future problem where no one wants to play RB because they know they don't get paid, so top athletes coming up from high school will avoid that position.
Well, the world needs ditch diggers too
[Reply]
wazu 09:13 AM 07-18-2023
Yeah, the whining on social media by the poor RBs has been pretty insufferable this week. Poor, downtrodden millionaire athletes being checked by the laws of supply and demand. Very sad.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:16 AM 07-18-2023
I'd still have put my electrician career on hold for a few years just for practics squad money. If they wont do it call me up. I run a 4.2x and have a 14" member.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 09:16 AM 07-18-2023
T hi s will limit the number of skilled backs and make them more valuable. The free market will work.
[Reply]
wazu 09:29 AM 07-18-2023

5 of the last 6 times a team paid a RB, they regretted it & moved on:

Zeke: $90M, cut during deal
CMC: $64M, traded during deal
Cook: $63M, cut during deal
Gurley: $58M, cut during deal
Bell: $53M, cut during deal

the 6th is Alvin Kamara, who could follow suit, given cap hits…

— Warren Sharp (@SharpFootball) July 18, 2023

[Reply]
Shields68 09:35 AM 07-18-2023
Originally Posted by wazu:
Old RB's are a poor investment.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:42 AM 07-18-2023
Originally Posted by O.city:
Absolutely, but atleast with those guys there's a chance to get some value for your money.
Chubb’s doing OK on his second contract.

Funny that the Brownies were smart enough to opt for a 3-year deal for Chubb then turned around and gave Watson that abomination of a contract.
[Reply]
rfaulk34 09:51 AM 07-18-2023

Details:
— Joe Mixon took a $4.39M pay cut this year and a $4.67M pay cut next year.
— The 2023 base is $5.51M and he can make an extra $2M per year in incentives.
— This opens up the possibility of him sticking around next year, too. https://t.co/FUHy7Zpw6h

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) July 15, 2023

[Reply]
wazu 09:55 AM 07-18-2023
Originally Posted by rfaulk34:
Was glad to see this. Seems like he's lost a step or two, so not great for the Bengals, but I do still need him to grind out some production for my dynasty team.
[Reply]
Page 16 of 21
« First < 61213141516 17181920 > Last »
Up