ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 28 of 32
« First < 182425262728 29303132 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Zach Wilson Possibly Lost Starting Job?
Sassy Squatch 04:47 PM 11-21-2022

#Jets HC Robert Saleh said he's evaluating everything and they aren't committing to Zach Wilson as this week's starter vs. the Bears.

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) November 21, 2022

[Reply]
Stro39 11:24 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by GloryDayz:
Enjoy your next do-nothing QB who is willing to not speak the truth.

As long as your players buy tickets they can go and watch two other teams in the Super bowl.
The NFL is a hard league if you are a historically mediocre franchise like the Jets. Things are looking up though, we now have a good GM and good coach, I will take the path we are on now than what we were 5 years ago, even if we currently don't have a Super Bowl winning QB on the roster.

Mark Sanchez (!!) took the Jets to an AFC Championship game, and Wilson is much more talented than him: it just isn't working for Wilson at the moment and maybe won't ever in the league. Hard to say, its a brutal league that will expose flaws in a flash.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:32 PM 11-29-2022
Originally Posted by Stro39:
I'm a Jets fan, Zach Wilson does have a case of the yips, but a bigger issue is that he just doesn't see wide open receivers. The transition in his reads is just bad for the NFL level and this has caused big friction between Wilson and the rest of the team. We've likely whiffed on that pick, but I don't blame our FO for it. We have a very good GM and scouting group, its just a very hard position to predict and things have to go your way with the player. They haven't with Wilson for us.

I'm sure most Chiefs fans on here know how good they have it. Mahomes is arguably a top 5 talent at the QB position of all time. I'd certainly have him well over someone like Tom Brady, who many think is the best of all time, in terms of pure talent.
Fair post.

Any Chiefs fan that doesn’t know how good we have it was t around pre-Mahomes. There was a time we were jealous of your AFCCG appearance.

Good luck. Hopefully you get things figured out under center.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:51 PM 11-29-2022
:-) I'm not the one giving up a perfectly good QB for a dude who they didn't think was as talented the previous part of the year. Hey, the Jets are going to Jets, giving up on the second pick in the draft because he was honest and correct.
Honest and correct about what?

He isn’t being benched because of an opinion. He’s being benched because right now he lacks the social awareness to be a locker room leader. It’s not a good sign that every disgruntled player was jolted just by one qb change. There is nothing correct about that behavior. And he still doesn’t seem to get it. But I think he might as long as saleh sticks to his guns and forces Wilson to fight his way back.

It’s also not honest or correct to not take any accountability. Sure some of the issue may be playcalling and teammates. But players in glass houses can’t throw stones. How is he two years in and he can’t execute simple screens and short passes? I doubt coaching has ignored it. And if they have he had plenty of time this offseason to work with a personal coach to clean it up. He’s gotta be accountable too.
[Reply]
Stro39 12:04 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Fair post.

Any Chiefs fan that doesn’t know how good we have it was t around pre-Mahomes. There was a time we were jealous of your AFCCG appearance.

Good luck. Hopefully you get things figured out under center.
Thanks: love watching the Chiefs, brilliant team with the Mahomes/Andy Reid combo, but then I've always liked your franchise stretching back to the Schotty/Vermeil days. Some ridiculous games they were involved in, if I were pushed who was my fav Chiefs player from that era it would be Dante Hall. Great club, much deserving of the current successful period you people are enjoying.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:20 AM 11-30-2022
:-) I'm not the one giving up a perfectly good QB for a dude who they didn't think was as talented the previous part of the year. Hey, the Jets are going to Jets, giving up on the second pick in the draft because he was honest and correct.
Lol perfectly good? He has 4 TDs in 7 games and 2 came in one game. Also I'm not sure his O Line is the problem. He is tied with Justin Fields in Time to Throw (3.12 seconds). Mike White had a better game against Chicago, than Zach has ever thought about having.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 07:18 AM 11-30-2022
Well no matter what, the dude is getting a very healthy paycheck for practicing.

Oh, and he didn't let his D down. And every member of the D, based on all the "you take blame for any/all results bla-bla-bla" being heard here, should have said the same thing.

Sure, he could have done the typical PC bullshit of taking blame (that's not really his, he doesn't play D) that nobody would have believed, but he decided to be honest. Shame on him for not understanding the value of lip service. :-)
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:29 AM 11-30-2022
Well no matter what, the dude is getting a very healthy paycheck for practicing.

Oh, and he didn't let his D down. And every member of the D, based on all the "you take blame for any/all results bla-bla-bla" being heard here, should have said the same thing.

Sure, he could have done the typical PC bullshit of taking blame (that's not really his, he doesn't play D) that nobody would have believed, but he decided to be honest. Shame on him for not understanding the value of lip service. :-)
The defense let up 3 points in the game and the team lost. They should've allowed 0 points?
[Reply]
Indian Chief 08:10 AM 11-30-2022

This is a weird take, and that's being kind. The defense let up 3 points all game. The offense did fuck all, including Wilson. The least Wilson should have done is say, "the offense needs to be better. We didn't play well." That would have been honest and correct.
[Reply]
-King- 08:23 AM 11-30-2022

A QB had 77 yards and 0 points in a game where the defense allowed 3 points and you're saying he didn't let the team down? And it's "PC" to say he did? :-)

Is there a single DC poster that comes to the lounge and actually makes good football points?
[Reply]
Chris Meck 08:31 AM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by -King-:
A QB had 77 yards and 0 points in a game where the defense allowed 3 points and you're saying he didn't let the team down? And it's "PC" to say he did? :-)

Is there a single DC poster that comes to the lounge and actually makes good football points?
Agreed, this is an absurdly bad take.

I watched that abomination of a performance, because honestly, he was so bad I couldn't turn it off. It was a shockingly bad performance from a #2 overall pick.

People want to blame the offensive coordinator, despite Wilson just flat missing open receivers with shitty throws. Funny how Mike fucking White just goes out and throws for 300 plus the next week. Blame the offensive line? They weren't particularly hurried shitty throws, he just couldn't hit the broad side of a barn.

Blame the defense? They gave up THREE FUCKING POINTS. In 2022. That is a RARE and DOMINANT defensive performance by any possible measure.

And he's a punk about it after the game. Oh, and his teammates appear to hate him and love Mike White. So there's that.

Nope, Wilson is Josh Rosen. Enjoy!
[Reply]
GloryDayz 10:45 AM 11-30-2022
I think my point is they're letting a #2 in the draft QB go for what should have been a "stern talking to". It's all good, Zach has learned a very important lesson about taking blame because he's a QB.

Carry on...
[Reply]
Chris Meck 11:11 AM 11-30-2022
I think my point is they're letting a #2 in the draft QB go for what should have been a "stern talking to". It's all good, Zach has learned a very important lesson about taking blame because he's a QB.

Carry on...
3rd string in Carolina, coming soon, in 2023. You know, where all first round busts go to die.
[Reply]
Skyy God 12:23 PM 11-30-2022

Carry on...
Just stay on the mat and take your L.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 12:25 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Riiiight...
[Reply]
raybec 4 01:10 PM 11-30-2022
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
WOW!