View Poll Results: Who wins the AFC West division this year
Chiefs come back and win 101 75.94%
Chargers Win 13 9.77%
Broncos Win 1 0.75%
Raiders Win 18 13.53%
Voters: 133. You may not vote on this poll
Page 9 of 14
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Do you think we still win the division?
TribalElder 03:05 PM 09-26-2021

currently 1-2 and in last place as of Sept 26, 2021

do you think the Chiefs still win the AFC West this year?
[Reply]
KCTitus 09:23 PM 10-03-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
I think most expect to lose some more games, but I don't see any teams on the schedule that they can't beat. Even if the D doesn't improve, which I expect to happen.

I think KC would have to make a lot of mistakes to lose to the Giants or Pittsburgh.
Maybe I misunderstood the question, but if KC loses to a team it's technically a team they 'couldnt beat'...I listed those teams that KC most likely loses this year.

I dont think losses to Pitt or NYG is all that improbable. Quite likely, in fact.
[Reply]
cdcox 09:27 PM 10-03-2021
Originally Posted by KCTitus:
Maybe I misunderstood the question, but if KC loses to a team it's technically a team they 'couldnt beat'...I listed those teams that KC most likely loses this year.

I dont think losses to Pitt or NYG is all that improbable. Quite likely, in fact.
C’mon, you are way smarter than this. Just because team A beats team B on any given Sunday does not mean team A is the better team or that team A will even be favored in a rematch.
[Reply]
KCTitus 09:28 PM 10-03-2021
Originally Posted by cdcox:
I didn’t think the Ravens were better than us. I felt like we unwisely played them like a cat playing with a mouse the whole game. And it bit us in the end with the CEH fumble.
This team does not have that luxury...I'm pretty sure you might be right, and I've been frustrated that Andy doesnt go 'pedal to the metal' every game. I do think he exposes only as much as necessary, but this team cant live on the razors edge.

Originally Posted by :
I also didn’t think the Chargers were better. We aren’t going to have four turnovers again this year.
Again, this team has no margin of error and it's been replete with 'errors' all season so far.

Originally Posted by :
In the bottom 1/3 of outcomes we might lose to Buffalo, Green Bay and two other random games. Sure it is always possible that we repeat 2004, but that isn’t the most probable outcome at all.
I respect your statistical analysis, cdcox...Always appreciated that from you. I'm guessing at least 7 losses and maybe backing into a playoff spot and a quick flameout thereafter.
[Reply]
KCTitus 09:31 PM 10-03-2021
C’mon, you are way smarter than this. Just because team A beats team B on any given Sunday does not mean team A is the better team or that team A will even be favored in a rematch.
I think the term is 'Any given Sunday'...sometimes the 'better' team does not win.

I'm not saying KC wasnt the better team, instead I'm saying their play currently doesnt indicate to me they're going to win the games I listed.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:31 PM 10-03-2021
Not trolling...If KC doesnt score a TD on nearly every drive and has zero turnovers, this team is capable of losing to any of those teams.
And if KC doesn't turn it over like they were, they are capable if beating anyone. KC has beaten themselves far more than anyone has beaten KC this year.
[Reply]
cdcox 09:34 PM 10-03-2021
This team does not have that luxury...I'm pretty sure you might be right, and I've been frustrated that Andy doesnt go 'pedal to the metal' every game. I do think he exposes only as much as necessary, but this team cant live on the razors edge.

Again, this team has no margin of error and it's been replete with 'errors' all season so far.

I respect your statistical analysis, cdcox...Always appreciated that from you. I'm guessing at least 7 losses and maybe backing into a playoff spot and a quick flameout thereafter.
I agree that we have less margin for error this year than the past three. Today it seemed like Andy realized that. I think we are still a healthy margin better than an average NFL team, as long as Andy utilizes the whole offense for the whole game.

Against the NFL elite it all depends on how we are playing. If the OL comes together, if the defense can play “average”, we can run with anyone.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 09:37 PM 10-03-2021

Why do you think those two are likely?

Personally, I think this team will make the doomsayers look kind of foolish by the end of the year. I see them ultimately becoming much more balanced than they are currently, and I see the offense becoming a complete juggernaut.
[Reply]
KCTitus 09:39 PM 10-03-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
And if KC doesn't turn it over like they were, they are capable if beating anyone. KC has beaten themselves far more than anyone has beaten KC this year.
I would agree...that and a defense that cannot stop anyone.
[Reply]
cdcox 09:40 PM 10-03-2021
I think the term is 'Any given Sunday'...sometimes the 'better' team does not win.

I'm not saying KC wasnt the better team, instead I'm saying their play currently doesnt indicate to me they're going to win the games I listed.
I think turnovers will regress to the mean (fewer than the first 4 games) and Andy will not harness the offense in order to eek out a win. I also think somehow Spags gets more out of the defense down the stretch.
[Reply]
KCTitus 09:40 PM 10-03-2021
I agree that we have less margin for error this year than the past three. Today it seemed like Andy realized that. I think we are still a healthy margin better than an average NFL team, as long as Andy utilizes the whole offense for the whole game.

Against the NFL elite it all depends on how we are playing. If the OL comes together, if the defense can play “average”, we can run with anyone.
Big...BIG... If's in that statement. Without new talent or a major change of philosophy, I dont see this defense changing anytime soon
[Reply]
MGRS13 09:43 PM 10-03-2021
If the defense continues to suck as bad as they have, this team will be lucky to win nine games.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:45 PM 10-03-2021
At this point, I dont see KC beating Buffalo, Tennessee, Green Bay, Las Vegas (one game), and Pittsburgh. I'm on the fence about Dallas and the Giants. KC has historically played like ass when on the road in NY. As much as I hate to say it, I even have a feeling that KC loses to Denver.
Well, I guess it's a good thing we play NY at home then, huh?
[Reply]
KCTitus 09:45 PM 10-03-2021
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Why do you think those two are likely?

Personally, I think this team will make the doomsayers look kind of foolish by the end of the year. I see them ultimately becoming much more balanced than they are currently, and I see the offense becoming a complete juggernaut.
For Pittsburgh, you might recall the last time KC played in Pittsburgh, they almost got to a 35-0 lead and barely walked out of there with a win. Pitt roasted KC's defense to catch up and ultimately get within one score. If KC doesnt get to get a 4-5 TD lead in their next game, I dont like the potential outcome.

As for NYG...i read the schedule wrong...see my next post.

Frankly, they could lose to the Wooft...but I'm not willing to go that far.
[Reply]
KCTitus 09:49 PM 10-03-2021
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Well, I guess it's a good thing we play NY at home then, huh?
You are correct...I misread the schedule. I'd say the chances of a KC win in that game improve dramatically...the only thing that gives me pause is its a national game and KC typically pulls out the 'monkey fucking a football' look on national TV.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:49 PM 10-03-2021
Originally Posted by MGRS13:
If the defense continues to suck as bad as they have, this team will be lucky to win nine games.
They won 12 in 2018 with a defense as bad or worse than this one.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 14
« First < 56789 10111213 > Last »
Up