ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 205 of 315
« First < 105155195201202203204205 206207208209215255305 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Sandbox Simulations is open for business! Sign up now!
Rain Man 04:29 PM 02-24-2019
Not available in stores! Buy now! Special price of only $1 for a limited time only. We're up and running!

Go to www.sandboxsimulations.com to sign up. (You can learn more about the game as well.)

For the time being, we set the price to $1, and we can't limit it to just the game testers, so if you're interested, you'll also get the $1 price. Just sign up.

This is a fresh reset, so everyone will have new teams and we'll do a new draft.

Also, please give us any feedback about what you like or don't like, and how we can improve navigation. We've updated all of the systems, so there's a chance that errors are lurking somewhere, but we think we're good to go now. Let us know if something bad happens to you.
[Reply]
rtmike 11:12 AM 05-06-2020
Talk about taking lunch money, Sparks took a years worth.
Good gravy, th at game didn't work, lol.

I'm content of I can finish at or above .500 since I didn't put a lot of effort into it initially.
[Reply]
PHOG 03:05 PM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by Old Dog:
How are the playoffs set up? I'm assuming the Division winner with the best record hosts a wildcard team and then the 2nd best division winning record hosts the division winner with the worst record, but was just wondering.
Go to the site, and after logging in, go over to the help section (far right), click on user's manual and once in there scroll almost down to the bottom. You will find this...

Playoffs and Championships section.
[Reply]
Old Dog 05:30 PM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by PHOG:
Go to the site, and after logging in, go over to the help section (far right), click on user's manual and once in there scroll almost down to the bottom. You will find this...

Thank you

I find it odd that H2H is nowhere in there.....hell, I'm tempted to start all street free agents for this and the last game since I'd rather face the 3rd division winner rather than the better wildcard team.
[Reply]
Hydrae 06:08 PM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by PHOG:

Typo!

Originally Posted by Sandbox Simulations:
The winner then takes on the top seed among division sinners
:-)
[Reply]
PHOG 09:54 PM 05-06-2020
Originally Posted by Hydrae:
Typo!

:-)
I saw that, don't know if it is a typo or not. :-)
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:57 PM 05-06-2020
As a reminder, if your RB goes over 300 carries and it's more than he had in real life, it'll hurt his future productivity. Start watching your carries.

I'll check with cdcox about whether that's a typo.
[Reply]
Rukdafaidas 06:59 AM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
As a reminder, if your RB goes over 300 carries and it's more than he had in real life, it'll hurt his future productivity. Start watching your carries.
Is that just for the regular season or is it post season as well? In other words, if the RB ends regular season under 300 carries, but goes over in week 1 of the playoffs, will that hinder his performance in later post season games?
[Reply]
TambaBerry 11:47 AM 05-07-2020

I'll check with cdcox about whether that's a typo.
i mean my rb has gone over 300 in almost every season and he still looks damn good. I don't know why you'd put this as a requirement. So basically i need to just sit my star running back?
[Reply]
TambaBerry 11:52 AM 05-07-2020
i mean thats only 18 carries a game which is super low
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:13 PM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by Rukdafaidas:
Is that just for the regular season or is it post season as well? In other words, if the RB ends regular season under 300 carries, but goes over in week 1 of the playoffs, will that hinder his performance in later post season games?
I think it's regular season only, but good question. Let me check. I hope it's just regular season or Nick Chubb's going to be pretty ticked off at me when I sit him.

Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
i mean my rb has gone over 300 in almost every season and he still looks damn good. I don't know why you'd put this as a requirement. So basically i need to just sit my star running back?
As long as you use him less (or equal) to real life it's not a problem. So a work horse can still be a work horse. I think cdcox put it in so no one would Larry Johnson a guy to death.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 12:18 PM 05-07-2020
I think it's regular season only, but good question. Let me check. I hope it's just regular season or Nick Chubb's going to be pretty ticked off at me when I sit him.

As long as you use him less (or equal) to real life it's not a problem. So a work horse can still be a work horse. I think cdcox put it in so no one would Larry Johnson a guy to death.
i mean i understand it, but other then changing game plans up or using rb2 more often we really don't have a choice in play calls. I mean my team has been up in most of the games so he gets a lot of carries in games where in real life he would be benched and the back up would get all the carries there is no setting for that you know?
[Reply]
TambaBerry 12:22 PM 05-07-2020
so elliot is at 314 carries, my other rushes combined has 94. I have it set to give 26% of rushes to the other guys and they currently only have 23% of the rushes so a 3% discrepancy or 12 carries for elliot. I am not complaining its just there are things out of our control in this
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:23 PM 05-07-2020
i mean thats only 18 carries a game which is super low
Here are the top 32 running backs of 2019 in terms of carries. It looks like 300 is the ceiling these days.

I think we're trying to balance a few things. First, there's evidence that a heavy work load will affect a running back's effectiveness in the long term. I don't know what stats cdcox used to establish that threshold of 300, but I'll trust his judgment. Again, if someone gets a heavy workload in the NFL the impact will already be felt in their next-year stats so it's irrelevant.

But I think the main thing we're guarding against is having someone use a fluke Beattie Feathers-type guy who has 100 carries for 1,000 yards as a bellcow back. But I do wonder if maybe we should/could tweak the rule a little bit. It's not the goal to penalize a Zeke Elliott or Derrick Henry for getting 320 carries (though I could see a cost if they go to 400).

Let me talk to cdcox to see what our full rationale and system is.

Derrick Henry 303
Ezekiel Elliott 301
Nick Chubb 298
Christian McCaffrey 287
Chris Carson 278
Joe Mixon 278
Leonard Fournette 265
Dalvin Cook 250
Marlon Mack 247
Sony Michel 247
Le'Veon Bell 245
Carlos Hyde 245
Josh Jacobs 242
David Montgomery 242
Aaron Jones 236
Phillip Lindsay 224
Todd Gurley 223
Saquon Barkley 217
Adrian Peterson 211
Mark Ingram 202
Player Att
Devonta Freeman 184
Miles Sanders 179
Lamar Jackson 176
Ronald Jones 172
Alvin Kamara 171
Kenyan Drake 170
Frank Gore 166
Melvin Gordon 162
Peyton Barber 154
Devin Singletary 151
Latavius Murray 146
Tevin Coleman 137
[Reply]
Old Dog 12:24 PM 05-07-2020
I didn't realize until I just looked it up that 400 carries in a season has happened five times....300+ carries has happened 227 times
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:25 PM 05-07-2020
i mean i understand it, but other then changing game plans up or using rb2 more often we really don't have a choice in play calls. I mean my team has been up in most of the games so he gets a lot of carries in games where in real life he would be benched and the back up would get all the carries there is no setting for that you know?
Yeah, I get it. Nick Chubb has run down a few clocks for me. And I can't remember who it is, but I saw a box score the other day where I think Tevin Coleman had a dozen carries on the final drive.
[Reply]
Page 205 of 315
« First < 105155195201202203204205 206207208209215255305 > Last »
Up