ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 57 of 139
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs acquire WR Kadarius Toney via Trade
Dante84 10:30 AM 10-27-2022

Breaking: The #Giants are trading WR Kadarius Toney to the #Chiefs, per @Schultz_Report. A conditional 3rd and a 6th rounder go to NYG.

— Ari Meirov (@MySportsUpdate) October 27, 2022

[Reply]
FlaChief58 06:35 AM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by DenverChief:
Just absolutely disgusting filthy stuff - I know exactly why we went and got him looking at these highlights.

Lots of broken ankles and lost jock straps in that reel
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:36 AM 10-28-2022

[Reply]
htismaqe 06:37 AM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
How long will it take to get this knucklehead up to speed in the offense?

I don't hate this move, just wish it could've been DE or OT
He cost them virtually nothing. There's nothing preventing them from going and getting another player.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:38 AM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan:
What is the risk though? Like if it doesn't work out what is the damage? A comp pick? Compare that to the potential. I don't see any risk here. Dude isn't going to take down this locker room. No chance.
There's no risk at all. You're absolutely right.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:48 AM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Actually we could have a better comp pic in the 3rd than the one we traded away if someone gives Hardman a big contract this off season.
[Reply]
htismaqe 06:50 AM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Actually we could have a better comp pic in the 3rd than the one we traded away if someone gives Hardman a big contract this off season.
We're going to have a lot of cap space and a lot of holes to fill. When it's all said and done, it's entirely feasible we acquire more than we lose, which means no comp picks.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:06 AM 10-28-2022
We're going to have a lot of cap space and a lot of holes to fill. When it's all said and done, it's entirely feasible we acquire more than we lose, which means no comp picks.
The next 2-3 years we will have to decide on major contracts for Creed, Sneed, Trey, Bolton etc.

It'll never stop. We will be competing for a SB every year without sacrificing the future for a single year. Difficult decisions to let fantastic players walk or trade before their last year of the contract will occur every year.

This year it'll be Jones that could be traded. They traded Hill. They could trade Jones. Guarantee you and anyone else that Veach already has that mapped out on some board.
[Reply]
Rasputin 07:11 AM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
Yeah, except Andy and Veach just aren't that short-sighted. Everything they do is from the long-range perspective. This guy is an elite man-beater. Everyone's been playing man against us this season, and most of our receivers are having trouble at times getting open. This guy can get open whenever he wants. And then there's his juice with the ball. At times I think he's just clowning guys because he can.

Obviously, it's a long shot, a true roll of the dice. But this guy could be our future WR1 next year.
You nor I know how long Vlademer has been wanting this guy. Maybe they had him scouted but didn't get to pull the trigger on in in the draft so this is the opportunity they got to get him. He is a young player and Skyy isn't cutting it in the return game and becoming a liability so you can say long term but we also have short term needs. I won't be surprised if he gets his hands on fielding the ball in ST. He can be everything you say he is and that's fine but he has just another week to learn the playbook and they can have an immediate impact him fielding the football. He very well be in long term scope of thing but in the NFL it's what have you done for me lately. We are putting up points in bunches but it takes the field to do it. We need to shorten the field. Now of course I could be wrong and he isn't here to field kicks and just learn the playbook and be another target for Mahomes but it is a crowded WR room. They still want to get the ball to Skyy and let him prove himself.

They know they have too prepare for the next game and if we aren't getting a good kick return bet bottom dollar they are going try what they may to fix that. That's not being short sighted when we have had that problem since week one.
[Reply]
In58men 07:14 AM 10-28-2022
Chiefs could have the scariest duo if Justyn Ross pans out.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:21 AM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
We are putting up points in bunches but it takes the field to do it. We need to shorten the field.
Disagree.
Whether we start at the 25 or the 33 yard line doesn't matter anymore.
[Reply]
louie aguiar 07:24 AM 10-28-2022
We gave up two picks including a third for him. There is risk although it’s not much.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:26 AM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
We gave up two picks including a third for him. There is risk although it’s not much.
That 3rd rounder is a pick we wouldn't even have if Ryan Poles hadn't gone to Chicago. It was essentially "free" and it's not even in the 3rd round, it's after the 3rd but before the 4th.

There's no risk really.
[Reply]
wazu 07:28 AM 10-28-2022
That 3rd rounder is a pick we wouldn't even have if Ryan Poles hadn't gone to Chicago. It was essentially "free" and it's not even in the 3rd round, it's after the 3rd but before the 4th.

There's no risk really.
Okay but that has value. This isn't "free". It's being used to acquire a first round talent with high upside to go along with character and injury issues. I like the move, but no matter how we got that "end of 3rd round" pick, we had it. And spent it on Toney.
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:32 AM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by wazu:
Okay but that has value. This isn't "free". It's being used to acquire a first round talent with high upside to go along with character and injury issues. I like the move, but no matter how we got that "end of 3rd round" pick, we had it. And spent it on Toney.
Toney's value is so much more than a 3rd round comp pick.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:36 AM 10-28-2022
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
He clearly does NOT use commas when he texts! Very concerning!
[Reply]
Page 57 of 139
« First < 7475354555657 5859606167107 > Last »
Up