ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 207 of 295
« First < 107157197203204205206207 208209210211217257 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****The Clyde Edwards-Helaire Thread*****
Dante84 10:09 PM 04-23-2020
More to come! (I'll clean it up later - info dump into the OP)

(mod edit, all the goodness is in the spoiler tags)
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Marcellus 12:27 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Clyde has 0 rushing TDs in 4 games.

Don't care what you say, his burst ain't good enough.

Damien was scoring gobs of TDs in the postseason with this team.
And before that 1 postseason where he scored a bunch how was he in regular season?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:29 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
And before that 1 postseason where he scored a bunch how was he in regular season?
Thanks for asking.

He scored five rushing TDs on 111 carries behind a far worse OL.

That'd be like Clyde scoring 10+ this year. Think that's happening?
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 12:30 PM 10-04-2021
Guy in my work league dropped CEH after last week because ... he's a Vikings fan, I guess, or just a complete mohran?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:32 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefBlueCFC:
Guy in my work league dropped CEH after last week because ... he's a Vikings fan, I guess, or just a complete mohran?
I would drop a RB who can't score TDs.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 12:32 PM 10-04-2021
He had a good game yesterday. He definitely left yardage on the field that a more explosive back would have taken advantage of, but that's the limitation you deal with when you trot out a back who runs a 4.6 or whatever. He will never be that guy.

But if the dude who showed up yesterday shows up every week, I'll have a lot less to complain about.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 12:34 PM 10-04-2021
I would love Damien as a complimentary running back to CEH and I still don’t like that we released him.

The CEH or Damien conversation is dumb, because we could (maybe should) have both. McKinnon makes $900K to not play. Damien’s dead cap is $500K.

If we still had Damien, he would be making around $2 million this year. Unless I’m missing something, we only saved like $600K by releasing Damien.

What am I missing here?
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:34 PM 10-04-2021
Thanks for asking.

He scored five rushing TDs on 111 carries behind a far worse OL.

That'd be like Clyde scoring 10+ this year. Think that's happening?
You are really putting in the overtime lately on trolling. 5 TDs in 16 games and you are making comparisons like one of them is Marcus Allen and the other is Jackie Battle?

JFC
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:36 PM 10-04-2021
You are really putting in the overtime lately on trolling. 5 TDs in 16 games and you are making comparisons like one of them is Marcus Allen and the other is Jackie Battle?

JFC
Damien did not play 16 games in 2019. He only started six games.

He only had half of the carries that CEH will get this year and scored 5 TDs.

Do you not understand logic?
[Reply]
Marcellus 12:41 PM 10-04-2021
Damien did not play 16 games in 2019. He only started six games.

He only had half of the carries that CEH will get this year and scored 5 TDs.

Do you not understand logic?
I understand your entire argument is completely meaningless as has been shown on the field and by the prolific offense so far this season and last.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:42 PM 10-04-2021
I understand your entire argument is completely meaningless as has been shown on the field and by the prolific offense so far this season and last.
How? If Damien had received an entire season's worth of starts, like CEH is going to get, he'd have had 10+ TDs easy.

CEH may never crack that.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:54 PM 10-04-2021
How? If Damien had received an entire season's worth of starts, like CEH is going to get, he'd have had 10+ TDs easy.

CEH may never crack that.
If he got that much work he'd get injured.

And he'd probably give way to Williams and go-to-go situations.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:59 PM 10-04-2021
Clyde looking good but I hope we don't fall into the trap of running to much. You can run when it's there and they are just giving it to you or on 2nd/3rd and short, and in the goaline. That is about the only time this team should be running the ball unless up by multiple scores.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:01 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Clyde looking good but I hope we don't fall into the trap of running to much. You can run when it's there and they are just giving it to you or on 2nd/3rd and short, and in the goaline. That is about the only time this team should be running the ball unless up by multiple scores.
186 rushing vs the Chargers
200 Rushing vs the Eagles.

Hard to argue with that sort of production.

If Mahomes continues to improve his small ball game, and the Chiefs can continue to run like that, NFL defenses will finally be forced to change how they play us.

Add in a big-body receiver like Gordon to make our small-ball game even more potent....
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:06 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:

Except we’ve been running as much as we have this year, and Mahomes is still torching teams on a weekly basis.

We hardly resemble the Baltimore Ravens on offense.
[Reply]
Marcellus 01:08 PM 10-04-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
186 rushing vs the Chargers
200 Rushing vs the Eagles.

Hard to argue with that sort of production.

If Mahomes continues to improve his small ball game, and the Chiefs can continue to run like that, NFL defenses will finally be forced to change how they play us.

Add in a big-body receiver like Gordon to make our small-ball game even more potent....
If we can continue to run the ball this offense will be unstoppable like we have never seen. The only thing limiting the points is turnovers (which should go back to their normal low rate) and limited possessions.

The offensive efficiency cannot be overstated, they are killing it with limited opportunity.

I just looked it up and I was off previously, typically teams see 12 possessions a game on average, we are lucky to see 8 with our defense.
[Reply]
Page 207 of 295
« First < 107157197203204205206207 208209210211217257 > Last »
Up