ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 33 of 35
« First < 232930313233 3435 >
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official Soccer Thread***
POND_OF_RED 10:14 AM 08-06-2021
Creating a new thread for soccer discussion since the Euro’s are done.

Most leagues are in preseason and Sporting KC are currently in a battle for the best record in the league to win the shield. We just sent Busio who’s a young Sporting youth academy player and possible future American star to Venezia to compete in the top division in Italy for a 6.5 million dollar transfer fee with up to $11 million with incentives and a 20% future sell-on rate if they sell him to another team. Not to mention another past youth academy player from Lee’s Summit and another possible World Cup starter Erik Palmer-Brown looks to be joining him at Venezia soon as well. If you’re looking for an Italian team to start rooting for with your new Paramount+ subscription they would be a good candidate with some local flavor.

The U.S has built a little power shift in the CONCACAF region with their wins over Mexico lately in Nations and Gold Cup finals and look to be in really good shape heading into the World Cup qualifiers next month.

Messi looks to be on the move as well. Let’s hope it’s not a worthless one to PSG for everyone’s sake.

Ok, CP feel free to remind me how gay soccer is now. Don’t care. Sporting is kicking ass and so is the USA. It’s a good time to be following along. Discuss…
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Eleazar 07:51 PM 02-01-2024
Originally Posted by |Zach|:
Yea you don't have to have an apple device but just need to be able to see Apple TV...some games are free some of them are if you have MLS Season Pass.

The nice thing is for people with MLS season pass is its no blackouts no matter what time no matter where you are in the world and anyone who is a season ticket holder for an MLS team gets it for free.
T-Mobile gave a year of MLS Season Pass away free last year as one of their perks
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:43 PM 02-01-2024
Yea you don't have to have an apple device but just need to be able to see Apple TV...some games are free some of them are if you have MLS Season Pass.

The nice thing is for people with MLS season pass is its no blackouts no matter what time no matter where you are in the world and anyone who is a season ticket holder for an MLS team gets it for free.
Cool. Glad I just happened to try this today (had to have my Apple account unlocked), so maybe I too can watch SKC... Woot..
[Reply]
Ocotillo 12:00 AM 02-02-2024
Oh boy you know a trash ass manager is a trash ass manager if you have to pull from his playing days.
How can you fashion yourself as a football connoisseur when you're constantly bashing an international soccer icon. It's low brow, very First Take-type drivel. Jurgen Klingsmann is soccer royalty, and you're a nobody.
[Reply]
|Zach| 01:44 AM 02-02-2024
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
How can you fashion yourself as a football connoisseur when you're constantly bashing an international soccer icon. It's low brow, very First Take-type drivel. Jurgen Klingsmann is soccer royalty, and you're a nobody.
He is a mediocre manager with a history of the teams being a lot better after they run him out. Hell he allowed the US to miss a fucking World Cup...how is that even possible.

But hey I know you are riding high on the wave of the glory of his squad beating Saudi Arabia in pens. :-)
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 07:28 AM 02-02-2024
He is a mediocre manager with a history of the teams being a lot better after they run him out.
If Sporting ownership could grow some balls we might be able to say the same thing about Peter soon!
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:26 PM 02-06-2024
Smiling Jurgen Klinsmann questioned about his reaction to South Korea’s Asian Cup elimination

AL-RAYYAN, Qatar (AP) — Jurgen Klinsmann ‘s broad smile is part of his charm.

But on Tuesday in Qatar, the South Korea coach was left to explain why he was grinning after his team suffered a painful defeat in the semifinals of the Asian Cup.

Klinsmann warmly congratulated Jordan coach Hussein Ammouta on the field after his team produced a big upset with a 2-0 win at Ahmad Bin Ali Stadium.

Perhaps a little too warmly.

“For me it’s normal to congratulate the other coach when his team was better in a game. I think this is a sign of respect,” Klinsmann said when questioned about his post-game reaction. “They deserved this win today. They were the better team, but this is for me totally normal. If you say I shouldn’t smile, give somebody a smile that deserves a compliment in that moment, maybe we have different approaches.”

There has been criticism of Klinsmann and South Korea’s performances in reaching the semifinals. His tactics were questioned and the general impression is that he should have done more with such a talented squad, led by Tottenham forward Son Heung-min.

So it may have been jarring for some to see him smile as cameras focused on him after the final whistle against a Jordan team ranked 64 places below South Korea in FIFA’s rankings.

He could then be seen seeking out Ammouta, who was celebrating on the field with players and staff.

It remains to be seen what the fallout will be after defeat to Jordan, which had never reached the semifinals of the Asian Cup before and had only advanced to the round of 16 as one of the best third-placed teams in the group stage — behind South Korea.

“I am very disappointed. I’m angry because we should have done better tonight,” Klinsmann said. “We were not existent the first 20 or 30 minutes. That’s why I’m saying we give them respect because they were better they wanted it more.

“But when the game is over and I congratulate another coach and you smile just because of him personally and you congratulate him. I think it is not a big deal. I am certainly not walking around tonight and smiling all over the place. There were reasons why we lost this game. We have to accept those reasons. If the other team showed more on the field, which they did, then you have to give them respect.”

https://apnews.com/article/jurgen-kl...287eb7dabcd482
[Reply]
|Zach| 09:18 AM 02-07-2024
Really feels like Miami\MLS is running Messi into the ground with this preseason tour. The injuries are a problem but even aside from that I feel like other MLS teams are going to go at them a little bit more and not just stand around holding them in such high esteem.

But the season is long an obviously this group can go on idle for a very long time and then put it in high gear and dominate. Will be interesting to see how this season progresses.

https://www.goal.com/en-us/lists/int...8f7769de98a3e7
Inter Miami's preseason tour from hell! Not even Lionel Messi can disguise the MLS favorites' shambolic offseason

Just about everything that can go wrong has gone wrong for the Herons during their time under the global microscope

When Inter Miami announced their globetrotting preseason plans, the outside world knew exactly what was going on. This was an exercise in brand-building, a moment for the club to remind the rest of the world that they have signed Lionel Messi, arguably the greatest to ever play the game. It was also a chance to show that they weren't content to just be the talk of North America; they wanted to be the talk of the entire world.

With that in mind, Miami scheduled out a preseason that would see them play teams from four different continents over several weeks, taking them from El Salvador to Dallas to Saudi Arabia to East Asia and back to Miami.

As that tour nears its close, Inter Miami is very much a talking point of the global game. The problem is, though, that most of the talk isn't good.

From poor results on the field to some reputation hits off of it, this hasn't gone as anyone at the club would have planned. Nearly everything that could have gone wrong has, from injuries to catastrophic losses to angry fans going so far as to take aim at one of the most beloved figures this sport has, Messi himself.

It's been a preseason tour from hell for Miami, and it's hard to see how anyone involved has benefitted. Some promoters have probably made some good money and several players in the squad have been given a heck of an experience, but with the ew MLS season approaching, it doesn't feel like Inter Miami is in a better position as a club or as a team than they were just a few weeks ago.

Poor start claims two starlets
Miami kicked-off their run of friendlies with a clash against the El Salvador national team, and though they were playing pretty poorly in what finished as a 0-0 draw, there was little reason for concern this early in their campaign.

That was until Facundo Farias went down clutching his knee in the second half of Miami's preseason opener. The Argentinian starlet, who shined so brightly as Messi's understudy in 2023, saw his season end before it could begin. A torn ACL, the club confirmed. Season over.

It was a catastrophic loss, one that robbed the club of a key attacking player. Farias was going to be key this season, with Messi's international commitments and Luis Suarez's fitness issues set to leave gaps in the attack for Tata Martino to fill with players such as the 21-year-old playmaker. Not this year, though.

A 1-0 loss to FC Dallas continued Miami's inauspicious start, but it was the bad news that came shortly after that hurt most. Benjamin Cremaschi, last season's breakout homegrown star, will miss several months with a sports hernia.

After two games, Miami had lost two young players that were poised to play key roles this season. And that all happened before the club even really got going on the travel portion of this world tour.

[Reply]
alpha_omega 11:34 AM 02-12-2024
I'll put this under a spoiler just in case someone doesn't want to watch...

SOCCER PLAYER
KILLED BY LIGHTNING STRIKE DURING GAME

https://www.tmz.com/2024/02/12/socce...ame-indonesia/

Spoiler!

[Reply]
|Zach| 06:19 PM 02-16-2024
Hey Oct come get your boy he not only got fired but the federation went out of their way to shit on him on the way out. Honestly not sure I have seen this in a while usually coaches are just wished the best.

The Korean FA statement does not spare Klinsmann. pic.twitter.com/N7ckfK7mis

— Caught Offside (@COsoccerpod) February 16, 2024

[Reply]
alpha_omega 12:34 PM 02-20-2024
This is news to me, but did you all know there is World Cup Beach Soccer?

https://www.fifa.com/fifaplus/en/tou.../usa/team-news
[Reply]
|Zach| 08:06 PM 02-24-2024
Happy Sporting Kansas City Opening Day to all who celebrate.

Formation 🫡#HOUvSKC | @BlueKC pic.twitter.com/QYLRMZyRvF

— Sporting Kansas City (@SportingKC) February 25, 2024

[Reply]
Womble 09:19 AM 03-02-2024
Fuck yeah!! Have that MK franchise scum.

✅ 94th minute winner
✅ Player limbs
✅ Fan limbs
✅ Commentator limbs

Ronan Curtis' last gasp goal for AFC Wimbledon against MK Dons sparked scenes of absolute jubilation...
#AFCW | #EFL pic.twitter.com/zh7SJUeFXk

— The Sportsman (@TheSportsman) March 2, 2024

[Reply]
alpha_omega 03:02 PM 03-06-2024
Where are you at soccer people?
CBS has UEFA Champions League day soccer!
[Reply]
|Zach| 06:36 PM 03-06-2024
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
Where are you at soccer people?
CBS has UEFA Champions League day soccer!
Feels like this tournament has not been as much fun this weekend but there is still a lot of soccer left.

Seeing if my Dortmund guys can keep tumbling through it somehow.
[Reply]
|Zach| 06:51 PM 03-06-2024
This was quite a hit in the Manchester derby this past weekend.

[Reply]
Page 33 of 35
« First < 232930313233 3435 >
Up