ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 26
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Should Single Men Own Cat(s)?
BEAVER 12:01 PM 03-24-2023
This topic came up at the bar last night.

My take - Single guy owning a cat = Beta and should not happen.

There are some extenuating circumstances by which one might end up with a cat. Dead Wife, Girlfriend, Mom, Sister.

But if a single guy actually makes the effort to get a cat as a pet? Unacceptable.

I knew the final word could be found here on CP. This place is a bastion of what is right.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:16 AM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I lived in a shitty apartment in Chicago that had a mouse problem. Traps and poison proved ineffective. So I got a cat. The next morning, I saw something on the floor of the dining room, kind of slick looking, about the size of my thumb. It was the remains of a mouse. The cat had chewed its legs off and... somehow skinned it. She was sitting about three feet away with a look on her face like "you'll never see another one of those motherfuckers in here." And I never did. That was about 30 years ago, and I've had a cat, or multiple cats, ever since. Most of that time I was married, although for a few years of it I was single.

I like dogs, but I like them the same way I like kids - when they belong to other fucking people and I don't have to deal with their crap. If I still lived in the country, I'd certainly have a dog or two. But I live in the burbs, and don't have a fenced in yard, so I choose not to deal with the headache that comes with dog ownership. I'm not a slave to my cats. I don't have walk them on a leash when it's 100 degrees outside, or 10 degrees with three feet of snow on the ground. They never leave the house. I don't have to worry about my cats attacking kids or strangers, again, because they never leave the house and they're cats. If we go on vacation, we have friends who will come over every couple of days and feed them and deal with the litter boxes. Those same friends would not want to swing by five or six times a day to walk a dog. I know some people have dogs for protection. Well, I have guns for that, and I don't have to worry about them trying to eat the mailman. And every cat I've owned has been affectionate. You just have to know how to deal with them.

I know there are a lot of people who hate cats. I don't give a shit. And apparently there are those who hate cat owners. Don't give a shit about that, either.

Dogs are needy.
I would not have a pet dog or cat unless I lived on a farm. That is just me.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 08:16 AM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by DaFace:
This is spot on. The travel thing is a huge one for me. We've got friends who never go anywhere because they'd have to deal with someone watching their dog. Cats are fine for a long weekend. They almost prefer it.
:-) This is me. Ain't going anywhere for a stay if the dog isn't coming with.
[Reply]
Shaid 08:25 AM 03-25-2023
I've had 3 cats over the course of my life. The first because we had a mouse so my wife wanted a cat. The other 2 because the kids wanted them. All have been loving and nice. One is only loving to the people who actually live here and is afraid of other people. Maybe the reason people have non-loving cats is because they do a shitty job of raising them and it makes them assholes.

Now don't get me wrong, I love dogs but they are slobbery and need baths, etc. and a lot more work. Cats just need some food and a litter box change. They are easy. I'd choose a cat every day of the week for a pet I'd need to care for.
[Reply]
Bob Dole 08:27 AM 03-25-2023
I've never intentionally owned a cat, but a kitten showed up in a tree a year ago and I feed it. He's pretty cool when I'm hanging around outside, but he doesn't ccome in the house.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 08:33 AM 03-25-2023
They got a bad rep of smothering babies in their cribs. Now they're pissed off and want to earn "killer"
[Reply]
Katipan 08:49 AM 03-25-2023
We have a cat cafe here.
$20 to sit in a cafe, that doesn't serve food, that smells like ammonia.
Lots of men.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 09:15 AM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by Katipan:
We have a cat cafe here.
$20 to sit in a cafe, that doesn't serve food, that smells like ammonia.
Lots of men.
I hear the buzz is amazing

https://youtu.be/Jrmrw9udmVY
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:27 AM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
You’re not one of those douchebags who take their dog to noisy bars and concerts, are you? I think people who do that should be executed. And I’m only partially joking.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:30 AM 03-25-2023
If you want the weird experience of a cat/dog hybrid, get a Maine Coone.
We have a tabby Maine Coone. Thing is the biggest asshole ever but will sleep with my daughter because he's hers.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:30 AM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
You’re not one of those douchebags who take their dog to noisy bars and concerts, are you? I think people who do that should be executed. And I’m only partially joking.
No. Hire a dog walker if I'm going to be gone too long. I just don't go anywhere I have to stay overnight.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:38 AM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by Stewie:
I live in a semi-rural area and there are feral cats around. They're cool and stealthy as hell. I can't count the number of times when I'm working in the yard and Vroom! a cat jumps out of the bushes and scares the crap out of me. No mice around here which is nice.
lmao i love feral cats

nothing like sitting in your office near midnight with the window open and you hear the sound of something DYING HORRIBLY in the bushes :-)
[Reply]
jd1020 09:43 AM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
lmao i love feral cats

nothing like sitting in your office near midnight with the window open and you hear the sound of something DYING HORRIBLY in the bushes :-)
Few years ago I had an indoor/outdoor cat that surprisingly lived to 17 years old. He would lay in the bushes outside and bask in the sunlight and was the size of a small-medium sized dog. Friend of mine came over one time and I didn't know he was coming over but he had his Jack Russell with him and all of a sudden I hear this loud ass whimpering from a dog running around the house. Friend told me that his dog came up the steps to the front door and my cat jumped him from the bushes. Couldn't help but laugh.
[Reply]
Rausch 11:16 AM 03-25-2023
Same here. My dog's a senior citizen at this point and likely doesn't have too damn long left. We adopted her young and she was locked in a kennel and abused. She's terrified of them now. I don't want her going through that.

Besides, I like her better than most people anyway.
[Reply]
FlaChief58 11:51 AM 03-25-2023
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Same here. My dog's a senior citizen at this point and likely doesn't have too damn long left. We adopted her young and she was locked in a kennel and abused. She's terrified of them now. I don't want her going through that.

Besides, I like her better than most people anyway.
If you do ever want to get away without the dog, check Rover.com in your area. Sitters there work out of their homes which tends to make them more comfortable. That's how we got started. A lot of our clients tell us the same story about commercial boarding.
[Reply]
tooge 11:54 AM 03-25-2023
We sort of adopted one that showed up on pur deck. It brings me dead moles from time to time amd lives outside. Were dog people but ive got no issues with cats. If i had to be an animal, a cat would be cool. Genetically engineered hunting machines.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 26
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up