ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 388 of 488
« First < 288338378384385386387388 389390391392398438 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****Official 2022 Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 10:55 AM 03-13-2022
Legal tampering period begins tomorrow, March 14th. Throw all of your rumors and moves in here.

Obviously, for the people who hate mega threads, feel free to create a new thread for larger moves and anything Chiefs.

DANIEL SORENSEN IS NO LONGER ON THIS TEAM!
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 07:49 PM 04-07-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
We needed someone to replace Hitchens. We drafted Bolton.

We needed someone at center. We drafted Humphrey.

Those are positions less valued by all NFL teams so they were still available in the second round.

It's different this year needing to fill truly premium slots like DE and WR, especially as we're a team that needs those picks to hit relatively soon to stay competitive.

Value and BPA are nice and all but this isn't that draft for the Chiefs with our higher picks. We need to fill these slots with players who can immediately contribute.
-George Pickens was once slated as the #1 WR in the country. Him getting hurt is the only reason we have a shot at him.

-Nik Bonnito is a top 5 pass rusher in this draft, the most productive over the last two years. He can also step in that third LB spot next to Bolton and Gay. He did it all at Oklahoma.

I promise you they'd both contribute day 1. You seem to forget how pathetic our edge rushers were for much of last season and how JAGgy our WR2 and WR3 were. We pretty much have those spots filled. Pickens has elite ability and all the makings of a legit #1, outside of some polishing on his routes. Beast on contested balls though.
[Reply]
FRCDFED 08:33 PM 04-07-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Helluva talent. And he's an asshole. One thing that stood out to me about this is how salty the DB's play him. He seems to have a lot of plays with a little extra something-something at the end, and i love that shit. Good trait as a WR imo.

And of course his incredible body control and NFL level twitch and speed that should be obvious to everyone.

Count me in on wanting this guy!
[Reply]
staylor26 08:36 PM 04-07-2022
I’ve been driving the George Pickens bandwagon since January.

Hop on board!
[Reply]
MahomesKnows 08:40 PM 04-07-2022
Wonder if we could trade up for a DE and then trade back with the other first to pick up both Pickens and Watson? That would really round out the WR room.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 08:49 PM 04-07-2022
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
-George Pickens was once slated as the #1 WR in the country. Him getting hurt is the only reason we have a shot at him.

-Nik Bonnito is a top 5 pass rusher in this draft, the most productive over the last two years. He can also step in that third LB spot next to Bolton and Gay. He did it all at Oklahoma.

I promise you they'd both contribute day 1. You seem to forget how pathetic our edge rushers were for much of last season and how JAGgy our WR2 and WR3 were. We pretty much have those spots filled. Pickens has elite ability and all the makings of a legit #1, outside of some polishing on his routes. Beast on contested balls though.
I make no judgment in terms of either of these players. I've always thought Pickens looked extremely interesting as a super physical X receiver for this team.

I forget nothing about last season's WR and DE mediocrity. I was responding to your saying that what led us to Bolton and Humphrey is the key to this draft, and that couldn't be further from the truth.

End of the day I trust Veach and the process. But if we're through round 2 and don't have a DE and WR to be excited about, I'm genuinely frightened.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 09:35 PM 04-07-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I make no judgment in terms of either of these players. I've always thought Pickens looked extremely interesting as a super physical X receiver for this team.

I forget nothing about last season's WR and DE mediocrity. I was responding to your saying that what led us to Bolton and Humphrey is the key to this draft, and that couldn't be further from the truth.

End of the day I trust Veach and the process. But if we're through round 2 and don't have a DE and WR to be excited about, I'm genuinely frightened.
Good stuff, they may have one of the two.

Garett Wilson is officially getting Chase hype. Same height, same 40, very similar play style. Plus this bit of smoke and mirrors. Hard to see us trading up that high. I'd be good with it. Gotta keep Mahomes happy.

https://brobible.com/sports/article/...l-draft-trade/
[Reply]
Bump 09:42 PM 04-07-2022
Originally Posted by MahomesKnows:
Wonder if we could trade up for a DE and then trade back with the other first to pick up both Pickens and Watson? That would really round out the WR room.
Veach makes a blockbuster deal with Detroit. Jags pass on Aidan Hutchinson for Neal and Veach gives up both firsts and both 2nds to make it happen.

OR

Jags take Hutchinson and then deal us Josh Allen for one of the firsts.
[Reply]
RunKC 11:58 AM 04-08-2022
Pickens is growing on me. I just don’t like that Georgia doesn’t develop their damn receivers like Bama. It really shows in the draft prospects.

Love his hands and attitude.

Didn’t want to take him in the first but I wouldn’t mind at 30. Jameson will be gone and he’s next best IMO
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:03 PM 04-08-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Pickens is growing on me. I just don’t like that Georgia doesn’t develop their damn receivers like Bama. It really shows in the draft prospects.

Didn’t want to take him in the first but I wouldn’t mind at 30. Jameson will be gone and he’s next best IMO
Pickens plays with more physicality and more tenacity than Williams. His build and play speed remind me of Justin Jefferson.

I feel like you can see the extra 10lbs that Pickens is carrying over Williams, and MY ideal WR is 200-210 lbs, so that's a check box for me.
[Reply]
Kiimo 12:20 PM 04-08-2022
Just take back to back receivers with our two picks.

It's the dumbest thing ever but it's the only way I'll be satisfied. One of them will work out and it's too important not to. Screw DE we'll make it work.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:22 PM 04-08-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:

It's the dumbest thing ever but it's the only way I'll be satisfied. One of them will work out and it's too important not to. Screw DE we'll make it work.
Gonna be hard to "make it work" when we don't even have enough DE's on the roster to play a game right now.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 12:24 PM 04-08-2022

That means fuck the defense just let them keep on sucking balls.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 12:27 PM 04-08-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Gonna be hard to "make it work" when we don't even have enough DE's on the roster to play a game right now.
That's why I believe the Chiefs will trade back in 2nd round in this draft and stock up a 2nd for 2023 too. Veach will make all his moves in the 2nd to 3rd round to fill the roster.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:28 PM 04-08-2022

There's really only room for 1 more WR acquisition. I expect they'll make it count.
[Reply]
TEX 12:35 PM 04-08-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:

My bet is he ends up in Green Bay. Sucks that they have a need for a WR and have 2 #1's also, which happen to be higher than ours. :-)
[Reply]
Page 388 of 488
« First < 288338378384385386387388 389390391392398438 > Last »
Up