ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1023 of 2690
« First < 23523923973101310191020102110221023 102410251026102710331073112315232023 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
DRM08 01:57 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Both Mangini and Carter totally come off as butthurt buffoons...esp. Mangini, what the hell is he babbling about?
I have no problem with them saying let’s wait to see how it plays out. I do have a problem with Carter dismissing Mahomes’ arm talent. He has barely even seen the guy play.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:57 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by KChiefs1:
That was his argument.

We are getting rid of Alex Smith, who is a winner for a kid from Texas Tech who never beat a good team. Mahomes would never have a career as good as Alex Smith.

My how times have changed.
This is why he doesn't deserve a seat on the bandwagon. He's a fucking idiot.

Sorry bitch. Maybe we can chain you to the bottom side of the bus, but there aint any seats here for you.
[Reply]
Jerm 01:58 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by DRM08:
I have no problem with them saying let’s wait to see how it plays out. I do have a problem with Carter dismissing Mahomes’ arm talent. He has barely even seen the guy play.
Mangini just comes off as such a whiny douche though.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:59 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
This is why he doesn't deserve a seat on the bandwagon. He's a fucking idiot.

Sorry bitch. Maybe we can chain you to the bottom side of the bus, but there aint any seats here for you.
I'll let him on the ship...right after we keelhaul his ass first.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:59 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Blitz him.

He'll do what Brady does - he'll find the blitz and he'll throw at it. With as many dangerous weapons as we can put in the pattern, you can't blitz AND play man; the math doesn't add up. So all you can do is blitz and throw a zone at him.

Well if you're blitzing, you're opening a hole in the zone where the blitzer is coming from. Smith would run away from the blitz and try to buy time for one of his receivers to find a hole and sit in the zone. Mahomes does the opposite - he stands there, looks right through the blitzing player and throws into the opening. He did it 3-4 times against Pittsburgh. He's just not the slightest bit afraid of those blitzes.

The only way to make a blitz work against him is to disguise the hell out of it but even that is difficult with as much motion as the Chiefs use. How can you keep a blitz disguised when you have 2-3 guys changing where they are in the formation? Or you just selectively deploy them and hope you catch him napping.

Which is where I get back to the death by 1,000 papercuts approach. I'd play a shitload of 2 deep man and try to lull him to sleep - then send a safety or something off the edge and try to catch him off guard.

Mostly, if I'm a defensive coordinator, I have an ulcer for a week and hope I get to face Gruden's "1995" offense the following game.
Repeatedly hit him when he's throwing and hope his weapons drop balls. That's the only way I see it.
[Reply]
O.city 02:00 PM 09-19-2018
Mangini is just another smug Patriot tree asshole.

Seriously, has any coaching tree produced so many fraud smug assholes that haven't amounted to shit once they left?

And not we've got Patricia doing the same shit in Detroit.
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:01 PM 09-19-2018
"
The Jags game is going to be fascinating. They have so many athletes on defense that they can play a 2 deep man and make it work. They also have the kind of DL to still get to the passer.
I was going to post this same thing...

Really, you have to have 2 great man CBs and a good 3rd one, a safety that can cover Kelce, fast LBers and a dominate d-line that can be disruptive without blitzing.

That's not taking into account a gameplan....that can out-punk Reid.

You are talking about one or two defenses in the NFL with that personnel...Vikings and Jacksonville?...maybe the Eagles?
[Reply]
Jerm 02:02 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Mangini is just another smug Patriot tree asshole.

Seriously, has any coaching tree produced so many fraud smug assholes that haven't amounted to shit once they left?

And not we've got Patricia doing the same shit in Detroit.
He may end up being the biggest fraud of all...never understood any of the love for him and think he's way in over his head.

Just a goof that wore his hat backwards and stuck a damn pencil behind his ear and everyone was like OMG he's great.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:02 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
Repeatedly hit him when he's throwing and hope his weapons drop balls. That's the only way I see it.
That pressure right up the middle made him misfire on the first drive (IIRC). He had Kelce open in the middle for an easy 6 and he got hit as he threw and put it a foot or so wide of where Kelce could get to.

Get a few of those a game and one of them probably turns into a pick.
[Reply]
O.city 02:04 PM 09-19-2018
That pressure right up the middle made him misfire on the first drive (IIRC). He had Kelce open in the middle for an easy 6 and he got hit as he threw and put it a foot or so wide of where Kelce could get to.

Get a few of those a game and one of them probably turns into a pick.
That's why it's gotta be pressure to beat these top guys. You can't continually drop guys and let them sit back there. They'll own you.

Unless you just catch them with a day off, which we did against big Ben a few years back at Arrowhead in January, but fucked it up real nice.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:04 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Mangini just comes off as such a whiny douche though.
That's basically what he is....these NFL guys hate being shown their wrong. Matter of fact he probably can't stand that offensive system the Chiefs are running.
[Reply]
O.city 02:05 PM 09-19-2018
Actually, if you can make them dink and dunk, usually they'll get tired of it and take chances and throw you balls.

Unless you're Brady and you just keep doing it and laugh to the tune of 28-32 for 310
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:05 PM 09-19-2018

[Reply]
DRM08 02:06 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by The Pest:
Yep, even Aaron Rodgers struggled in that first half against a ton of pressure from the Bears.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:06 PM 09-19-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Actually, if you can make them dink and dunk, usually they'll get tired of it and take chances and throw you balls.

Unless you're Brady and you just keep doing it and laugh to the tune of 28-32 for 310
I think as long as Mahomes is scoring off those dinks and dunks.....he'll be fine.
[Reply]
Page 1023 of 2690
« First < 23523923973101310191020102110221023 102410251026102710331073112315232023 > Last »
Up