ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 243 of 333
« First < 143193233239240241242243 244245246247253293 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
Dartgod 02:21 PM 08-01-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
No one is going to games, no one gives a rats ass who is the favorite when the team is pure liquid dog ass.
So you don't think there will be a gigantic uproar from casual Royals fans if we trade Salvy?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:22 PM 08-01-2023
Originally Posted by Strongside:
My brother does a lot of the signage at the K. He is working out there today and said they've got a crew swapping out Nicky Lopez banners, and are on "standby" for others. Based on the designs of the banners and their placements (text on banners that run across multiple players, for example) the only 2 that could get swapped out on the outside of the building are Salvy and Singer.

Probably just them being prepared for anything, but I found that interesting.
The fact that Nicky Lopez banners are a thing is hilarious in itself
[Reply]
Mecca 02:24 PM 08-01-2023
Originally Posted by jd1020:
The Royals wouldn't even trade Merrifield when he was the hottest name in the sport with a few years of control on a dog shit team. You think they are going to trade Perez? He's the only thing selling tickets.
Apparently he does a bad job as the Royals are like 28th in ticket sales.
[Reply]
Mecca 02:25 PM 08-01-2023
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
So you don't think there will be a gigantic uproar from casual Royals fans if we trade Salvy?
An uproar from people who aren't watching or going to any games? You know what fixes this, competent decisions and a baseball team that wins games.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 02:32 PM 08-01-2023
No one is going to games, no one gives a rats ass who is the favorite when the team is pure liquid dog ass.
Does trading Salvy solve that problem? Probably not. It's a simple decision when looked at through a single lens of either a baseball or a business perspective. The problem is combining the two.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 02:33 PM 08-01-2023
Apparently he does a bad job as the Royals are like 28th in ticket sales.
Please tell me there was a Nicky Lopez bobble night...please
[Reply]
Mecca 02:35 PM 08-01-2023
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
Does trading Salvy solve that problem? Probably not. It's a simple decision from both a baseball and a business perspective. The problem is combining the two.
Also Melendez needs to catch.
[Reply]
Wilson8 02:51 PM 08-01-2023
If you could legit take his money and go sign a solid starting pitcher that would improve the team.
I'm not sure that the Royals can find and then sign a solid starting pitcher.

They won't spend the money on one with a good track record. What really good pitcher would want to come here unless we offered him a $$huge$$ contract?

This year Sherman did not want to sign free agents until the young team showed what they could do.

Now we are so bad, good free agents will NOT want to sign here.
[Reply]
myselff77 02:54 PM 08-01-2023
Salvy is worth trading assuming someone gives up a pretty good haul. If the Marlins or White Sox would not part with high level prospects, than the front office made the right decision in not trading him.

I'd rather see Salvy hang around and rewrite the Royals record books than get a crappy relief pitcher in return.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 02:54 PM 08-01-2023
I'm glad Burger is gone from the White Sox, wish the Royals could have gotten him

The #WhiteSox send power-hitting infielder Jake Burger to the #Marlins for LHP prospect Jake Eder, as @CraigMish reports.

— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) August 1, 2023

[Reply]
Dartgod 03:10 PM 08-01-2023
Originally Posted by myselff77:
Salvy is worth trading assuming someone gives up a pretty good haul. If the Marlins or White Sox would not part with high level prospects, than the front office made the right decision in not trading him.

I'd rather see Salvy hang around and rewrite the Royals record books than get a crappy relief pitcher in return.
Some people want us to do something, just for the sake of doing something. Then they want to bitch about the thing we did.
[Reply]
KCUnited 03:19 PM 08-01-2023
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother:
Please tell me there was a Nicky Lopez bobble night...please
Bro we gave away Tony Pena Jr bobbleheads so of course there's a Lopez

Its him and Vinnie Pasquantino together though from when they played for Italy in the WBC
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 04:18 PM 08-01-2023

The Dodgers have acquired Ryan Yarbrough from the Royals, sources tell me and @juanctoribio.

— Mark Feinsand (@Feinsand) August 1, 2023

[Reply]
Mecca 04:25 PM 08-01-2023
Barlow to the Padres.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 04:27 PM 08-01-2023

Scott Barlow to Padres

— Jon Heyman (@JonHeyman) August 1, 2023

[Reply]
Page 243 of 333
« First < 143193233239240241242243 244245246247253293 > Last »
Up