ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 237 of 333
« First < 137187227233234235236237 238239240241247287 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 12:02 AM 01-01-2023

2023 – A new beginning for the Royals. Matt Quatraro era begins. A year to see which of our young players will make up the core going forward. Can Bobby Witt Jr become a superstar SS or will go to the hot corner? Will Brady Singer take the next step forward? Will Salvy be Salvy? Will Big Vin or Pratto take first base? Will they find a position for MJ? Who else emerges from the youth movement? Not to mention the development of the new downtown stadium.

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Jordan Lyles, RHP
Ryan Yarbrough, LHP
Josh Taylor, LHP
Aroldis Chapman, LHP

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Gavin Cross, OF
2. Cayden Wallace, 3B
3. Drew Waters, OF
4. Ben Kudrna, RHP
5. Frank Mozzicato, LHP
6. Maikel Garcia, SS
7. Tyler Gentry, OF
8. Nick Loftin, OF/3B
9. Angel Zerpa, LHP
10. Carter Jensen, C
[Reply]
Al Bundy 06:17 PM 07-30-2023
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Lopez trade opens up playing time for Samad Taylor now. Clears a path of Nick Loftin as well for next season.

Lopez had no fucking value on the trade market was pretty obvious. People just love to jack off to some minor league prospects who more than likely won't be even be good as the turd they acquired. Royals twitter is pretty much the only place where there is any uproar over this trade.
Yep, and the Royals gave away Lopez for nothing.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:19 PM 07-30-2023
Lopez trade opens up playing time for Samad Taylor now. Clears a path of Nick Loftin as well for next season.

Lopez had no fucking value on the trade market was pretty obvious. People just love to jack off to some minor league prospects who more than likely won't be even be good as the turd they acquired. Royals twitter is pretty much the only place where there is any uproar over this trade.
I don't care that they traded him, why did they trade him for a guy they could have had for cash a week ago?

They'd have been better off taking back an A ball lottery ticket.

It's impossible to defend trading for a guy that could have been had for nothing last week.
[Reply]
dlphg9 06:34 PM 07-30-2023

Lopez had no ****ing value on the trade market was pretty obvious. People just love to jack off to some minor league prospects who more than likely won't be even be good as the turd they acquired. Royals twitter is pretty much the only place where there is any uproar over this trade.
You're clearly going to defend every single move this org does. They could have gotten a lottery ticket instead of a dude that we know sucks ass and doesn't have much control left.
[Reply]
Mecca 06:42 PM 07-30-2023
Hearn showed alot in his time with the Braves his ERA was 108.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:01 PM 07-30-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
You're clearly going to defend every single move this org does. They could have gotten a lottery ticket instead of a dude that we know sucks ass and doesn't have much control left.
I'm not getting worked up for trading a turd and getting a turd back.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:05 PM 07-30-2023
I'm not getting worked up for trading a turd and getting a turd back.
If the Braves think he's good enough to be a bench player on their team he's probably not a turd...also the Braves have bent the Royals over on the last several trades... probably should stop trading with them.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:09 PM 07-30-2023
Originally Posted by Mecca:
If the Braves think he's good enough to be a bench player on their team he's probably not a turd...also the Braves have bent the Royals over on the last several trades... probably should stop trading with them.
You would be fucking pissed if the Royals had traded for Nicky Lopez.
[Reply]
Mecca 07:14 PM 07-30-2023
You would be fucking pissed if the Royals had traded for Nicky Lopez.
He is what he is, a backup role player.

The problem is why are you taking back a guy who was DFAd last week? Why didn't you just claim him then...that's like not getting something for free then trading for it.

It's dumb.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 07:26 PM 07-30-2023
Other than Soler, who did nothing his last year in KC then turned it on in the postseason, how they got bent over?

Braves traded Waters for a high school pitcher who is hurt.

Dick Lovelady for cash.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 07:36 PM 07-30-2023

[Reply]
tk13 08:20 PM 07-30-2023
It's not a great trade but Lopez is also a guy with zero pop in his bat. I don't think you'd get someone on a team's top 30 prospect for him but maybe I'm wrong. But in the end I think it's a salary and roster dump as much as anything. They're dumping a guy who just isn't going to be worth what he's making and clearing the room for an infield with Witt and Garcia penciled in with Massey and Taylor already on the team and Loftin on the way to fight for the remaining spots.
[Reply]
Mecca 08:27 PM 07-30-2023
Originally Posted by tk13:
It's not a great trade but Lopez is also a guy with zero pop in his bat. I don't think you'd get someone on a team's top 30 prospect for him but maybe I'm wrong. But in the end I think it's a salary and roster dump as much as anything. They're dumping a guy who just isn't going to be worth what he's making and clearing the room for an infield with Witt and Garcia penciled in with Massey and Taylor already on the team and Loftin on the way to fight for the remaining spots.
If they're salary dumping on a million dollars then prepare for Perez to go..and if they are salary dumping what does that say?
[Reply]
Mecca 08:35 PM 07-30-2023
Also why are the Royals targeting relief pitching? That's supposed to be the easiest thing to develop and has little value to a bad team.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:36 PM 07-30-2023
Also why are the Royals targeting relief pitching? That's supposed to be the easiest thing to develop and has little value to a bad team.
Id argue any good reliever (unless young guy with years and years of control) on a bad team like this even has NEGATIVE value.
[Reply]
PunkinDrublic 08:59 PM 07-30-2023
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
I'm ready for JJ to be gone. The guy is Dayton Moore. The fact that nothing changed in the front office should have ruled him out to begin with. JJ is shit.
I was listening to some KC sports talk and I couldn’t believe they were defending Piccolo. Basically saying “well just because he worked under DM doesn’t mean he shares the same philosophy”. WTF how can you defend this guy and claim he doesn’t bear any responsibility for where the Royals are now? KC has some of the most gutless sports media.
[Reply]
Page 237 of 333
« First < 137187227233234235236237 238239240241247287 > Last »
Up