ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 171 of 192
« First < 71121161167168169170171 172173174175181 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
staylor26 09:57 AM 01-14-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Once you get past about pick 15 or so, QB's, LT's and Pass Rushers are basically a dice roll.

You may find one, but it's likely they're gonna need some polishing and luck.
We went over this last year. There are almost always high upside pass rushers available in that range.

Just look at the guy that went at our spot last year. All of you were overly concerned about the lack of sacks, but Odafe Oweh looks like a HR for the Ravens. Like I said before, you always bet on traits and athleticism at EDGE.

Yes, there is obviously risk involved, but I think it’s a lot easier to hit on a pass rusher in that range than a QB or LT.
[Reply]
O.city 09:57 AM 01-14-2022
You can definitely find pass rushers later. But they're usually gonna be speed or power guys. Same with LT's.

It happens. Same with QB's being found late in the draft. It's just not something I'd make a habit of looking for.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 09:59 AM 01-14-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
This.

There should be a handful of pass rushers available within our range, whereas there might be one LT.
Correct.

Pass rushers can play right away too. I think our offense would be a little much for a rookie T whom 30 teams passed on.

Also, we can sign a bunch of guys to 1-year contracts. Those guys are always available. Just last offseason, guys like Clowney, Houston, Ingram, Kerrigan, etc signed 1-year deals. Nothing wrong with loading up with several competent pass rushers instead of a few stars.
[Reply]
O.city 10:09 AM 01-14-2022
We went over this last year. There are almost always high upside pass rushers available in that range.

Just look at the guy that went at our spot last year. All of you were overly concerned about the lack of sacks, but Odafe Oweh looks like a HR for the Ravens.

Yes, there is obviously risk involved, but I think it’s a lot easier to hit on a pass rusher in that range than a QB or LT.
There are always outliers and exceptions.

For instance in 2019, LJ Collier went in that area. It's definitely possible to hit on someone there, but more than likely you're gonna be sorting thru guys that may not have the physical upside to be your high end league pass rushers. Which is fine, give me a couple 7-8 sack per year high motor dudes all day.
[Reply]
O.city 10:15 AM 01-14-2022
That end of the first top of the 2nd round is always a good spot to get good football players that fall for whatever reason. Sometimes sure, they fell for good reason and don't pan out.

But the Chiefs have made a killing there with your Humphreys and Boltons and Gays.

But that's likely what you'll be looking at from a pass rush standpoint, just make sure you get the right one. I actually might look at trying to jump up into the late teens / early 20s' to get a rusher if there's one you really like that falls a bit. Jaelan Phillips kinda player and spot.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:18 AM 01-14-2022

For instance in 2019, LJ Collier went in that area. It's definitely possible to hit on someone there, but more than likely you're gonna be sorting thru guys that may not have the physical upside to be your high end league pass rushers. Which is fine, give me a couple 7-8 sack per year high motor dudes all day.
How many successful LT’s were picked outside the top 20?

Brown Jr and Bahktiari is all I can see
[Reply]
staylor26 10:19 AM 01-14-2022

It wasn’t just Oweh. Gregory Rousseau went the pick before and also looks like a HR. Jaelan Phillips went 18th and had 8.5 sacks as a rookie.

Yes, there are years like 2019 where the draft and especially the EDGE rusher position are weak, but this years draft is a lot more like 2021 than 2019.

I’m not saying that it’s ideal to be looking for an edge rusher there, but you absolutely have a better shot than trying to get a QB or LT in that range, and that’s not even debatable.
[Reply]
O.city 10:29 AM 01-14-2022
It wasn’t just Oweh. Gregory Rousseau went the pick before and also looks like a HR. Jaelan Phillips went 18th and had 8.5 sacks as a rookie.

Yes, there are years like 2019 where the draft and especially the EDGE rusher position are weak, but this years draft is a lot more like 2021 than 2019.

I’m not saying that it’s ideal to be looking for an edge rusher there, but you absolutely have a better shot than trying to get a QB or LT in that range, and that’s not even debatable.
Depends what you're looking for in the edge guy. Alot of the guys in that range are there for a reason.

I'd try and get up into the late teens to get one, that seems to be the sweat spot.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:32 AM 01-14-2022
Depends what you're looking for in the edge guy. Alot of the guys in that range are there for a reason.

I'd try and get up into the late teens to get one, that seems to be the sweat spot.
No, it doesn’t.

It’s easier to find pass rushers in that range than QB or LT. It’s really that simple.

If you want to argue that pass rusher is more difficult to find than any other position, that’s fine, but it’s absolutely different than QB/LT.
[Reply]
O.city 10:35 AM 01-14-2022
No, it doesn’t.

It’s easier to find pass rushers in that range than QB or LT. It’s really that simple.

If you want to argue that pass rusher is more difficult to find than any other position, that’s fine, but it’s absolutely different than QB/LT.
I'd say it's similar to the LT in that there are usually some serviceable type guys that hang around that long.

Definitely not QB though.
[Reply]
Hoover 10:35 AM 01-14-2022
I'd take the best defensive playmaker with our pick in the first round.

Position doesn't matter.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:36 AM 01-14-2022
I'd say it's similar to the LT in that there are usually some serviceable type guys that hang around that long.

Definitely not QB though.
Guys like Phillips, Rousseau, and Oweh are a lot better than “serviceable”. You’d have a hard time finding a draft in the last decade with that many above average LT’s going in the 1st after the top 15 picks.
[Reply]
O.city 10:38 AM 01-14-2022
:-) :-)

Guys like Phillips, Rousseau, and Oweh are a lot better than “serviceable”.

You’re 100% wrong.
I'm talking about serviceable LT's. A serviceable LT is gonna carry alot of value.

It's just a year in on those guys from last year, they've been good but lets pump the brakes a little bit on that and see how it plays out.

The odds of there being 3 guys there like that are pretty slim year to year.
[Reply]
O.city 10:39 AM 01-14-2022
Guys like Phillips, Rousseau, and Oweh are a lot better than “serviceable”. You’d have a hard time finding a draft in the last decade with that many above average LT’s going in the 1st after the top 15 picks.
Wouldn't you say it's the same for the above average pass rushers going that late?

Seems 2021 draft woudl be more exception than rule.
[Reply]
O.city 10:42 AM 01-14-2022
I'd say the norm for pass rushers in that area are more in the Ogbah, Charlton etc type player than they're gonna be in the TJ Watt type.

Which is fine.
[Reply]
Page 171 of 192
« First < 71121161167168169170171 172173174175181 > Last »
Up