ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 22
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Media Center>Syfy: The Expanse
Frazod 10:00 PM 04-27-2018
Yeah, I wish they'd just bleep out the words rather than dub some stupid shit in its place. :-)
[Reply]
stumppy 09:05 AM 05-03-2018
Wasn't expecting to see the body laid out by the kid. Holy shit!
[Reply]
Fish 06:34 AM 05-04-2018
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Wasn't expecting to see the body laid out by the kid. Holy shit!
That was pretty trippy. Plus the way Mao saw it sprawled across the floor and had a change of heart like "OK, never mind, resume the experiments!!"
[Reply]
stumppy 10:23 AM 05-11-2018
Another 'Holy Shit, did not see that coming" episode. Gonna be harder than ever to put the Genie back in the bottle.
[Reply]
RealSNR 04:09 PM 05-11-2018
Fucking SyFy morons. Not bringing it back for season 4.

Apparently it's being shopped around. Hope Netflix picks it up
[Reply]
stumppy 04:36 PM 05-11-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

WTF

I didn't know that. Fucking idiots.
[Reply]
Frazod 07:32 PM 05-12-2018

It would definitely be a better show without the network TV bullshit. It's a high quality show with great source material - almost sounds like a no-brainer for them to take it in.
[Reply]
bowener 11:20 PM 05-13-2018

Netflix says no. Amazon was the best bet and the only hope that remains. I'm quite pissed. What hurts more is that SyFy is adding a new expensive sci-fi show to their lineup. Mother fuckers... seriously?
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:36 PM 05-14-2018
Originally Posted by bowener:
Netflix says no. Amazon was the best bet and the only hope that remains. I'm quite pissed. What hurts more is that SyFy is adding a new expensive sci-fi show to their lineup. Mother fuckers... seriously?

Link on Netflix saying no?
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:42 PM 05-11-2018
Unfortunately it's the best show on TV that nobody is watching. Can't account for taste I guess. Peopt watch hot garbage like The magicians, but the expanse is just too...grown up, I guess. Save us Amazon. Please.

Bad day for me, Brooklyn 9-9 and Lucifer cancelled as well.
[Reply]
bowener 04:12 PM 05-12-2018
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
Unfortunately it's the best show on TV that nobody is watching. Can't account for taste I guess. Peopt watch hot garbage like The magicians, but the expanse is just too...grown up, I guess. Save us Amazon. Please.

Bad day for me, Brooklyn 9-9 and Lucifer cancelled as well.
99 rescued by NBC. They said they regret ever selling it to FOX.
[Reply]
Frazod 09:48 PM 05-14-2018
Finally watched last week's episode.

It is absolutely criminal that syfy is cancelling this show. I'll never watch another minute of their programming. :-)
[Reply]
Miles 10:15 PM 05-15-2018
I just settled in looking forward to watching the past two weeks and now see it’s cancelled. WTF.
[Reply]
stumppy 08:08 PM 05-16-2018
Damnit, I can't believe they're cancelling this.
[Reply]
keg in kc 01:01 PM 05-17-2018
That was an amazing episode. Maybe the best so far.

So evidently the cancellation was because Syfy only has rights to initial broadcast. So they only make money on the advertising during first run of episodes. Amazon has the streaming rights. Syfy wasn't making enough.

So - and this is just me, I've heard nothing yet - but I bet this becomes a Prime Original. It brings with it a degree of critical acclaim that no other science fiction show - on ANY platform - can match at this point in time. And it's an already in production program that's firing on all cylinders. They'd know exactly what they have. Hook this up with Man in the High Castle and their upcoming Tolkien project and they basically own genre at this point. Netflix has Stranger things and maybe Altered Carbon (which hasn't been renewed and only has two more novels even if it is) or Lost in Space (season 1 nothing special).

Fingers crossed...
[Reply]
Page 11 of 22
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up