ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 469
« First < 81415161718 192021222868118 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2022 Royals Season Repository Thread***
ChiefsCountry 11:07 AM 01-01-2022
For all things Royals in 2022. #3 minor league system according to Baseball America. The Bobby Witt era should begin this year. Will Salvy still be the homerun king? How does the glut of infield players work out? Will the young pitchers take the next step?

Free Agents/Trades Acquisitions
Zack Greinke, P
Amir Garrett, P
Taylor Clarke, P

Top 10 Prospects from Baseball America
1. Bobby Witt, SS
2. Asa Lacy, P
3. MJ Melendez, C
4. Nick Pratto, 1B
5. Jackson Kowar, P
6. Kyle Isabel, OF
7. Frank Mozzicato, P
8. Ben Kudrna, P
9. Jonathan Bowlan, P
10. Vinnie Pasquantino, 1B

Duncan's Top Royals Prospects
Spoiler!

[Reply]
tk13 12:21 PM 03-16-2022
Montas would be legit. Probably going to have to give up something that hurts given so many teams seem to be in on him.
[Reply]
Wilson8 12:24 PM 03-16-2022
Why would the A's trade Frank Montas and what would the Royals have to give up?

Frank Montas - 32 game starts, 187 innings, 3.37 ERA, 207 SO

Seems like the price might be very high to get him in a trade.
[Reply]
tk13 12:29 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by Wilson8:
Why would the A's trade Frank Montas and what would the Royals have to give up?

Frank Montas - 32 game starts, 187 innings, 3.37 ERA, 207 SO

Seems like the price might be very high to get him in a trade.
A's are unloading guys. They just traded their star 1B/3B duo away so they aren't competing this year and Montas only has a couple years left. It sounds like multiple teams want Montas so the price probably will be very high. This would likely be the James Shields type move where we overpay with top prospects to get a legit ace to put in front of Keller and 3 of the other young guys. Maybe whoever's left after the trade.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:32 PM 03-16-2022
Gonna be pissed to trade a top prospect for a pitcher that has had 1 great season, when we have a ton of pitching prospects that may turn out great.

If we give up a Melendez, Vinnie, or Pratto I'll be pissed.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:43 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
The Royals good with their roster? Not gonna make any moves at all?
Apparently they just needed you to make this post . . . . . . . :-)
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 12:45 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by dlphg9:
Gonna be pissed to trade a top prospect for a pitcher that has had 1 great season, when we have a ton of pitching prospects that may turn out great.

If we give up a Melendez, Vinnie, or Pratto I'll be pissed.
Well, then prepare to be pissed off.

If they trade for Montas, one of Vinnie or Pratto will DEFINITELY be included. No reason to keep them both as they both project at 1B. And the A's just traded away their stud first baseman.

It will likely be one of those two, a high end pitching prospect and another mid range prospect. That would be my guess anyway.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:02 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Well, then prepare to be pissed off.

If they trade for Montas, one of Vinnie or Pratto will DEFINITELY be included. No reason to keep them both as they both project at 1B. And the A's just traded away their stud first baseman.

It will likely be one of those two, a high end pitching prospect and another mid range prospect. That would be my guess anyway.
Not saying they won't do a trade with a big piece in it, but top 100 prospects barely exchange hands these days, even if the player the other team is getting is Mookie freaking Betts.

I'd be surprised to see Melendez or Pratto exchanged for 2 years of Montas. Pasquatino is about the highest price I could see paid.

And I would think it is more likely KC deals from its farm's deepest pools - MI and P - before hitting its position prospect pool.
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 01:02 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by tk13:
A's are unloading guys. They just traded their star 1B/3B duo away so they aren't competing this year and Montas only has a couple years left. It sounds like multiple teams want Montas so the price probably will be very high. This would likely be the James Shields type move where we overpay with top prospects to get a legit ace to put in front of Keller and 3 of the other young guys. Maybe whoever's left after the trade.
What’s depressing about this is it is basically admitting that the “ignore drafting bats and take pitchers at every early pick” has completely failed. If we have to go throwing away prospects for a guy who isn’t an ace level pitcher, then it’s a pretty big indictment of how the Royals must view their talent.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:10 PM 03-16-2022
Not Royals related but pretty funny

https://twitter.com/Local12Skinny/st...x-c3OjRPQ&s=19
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 01:10 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Not saying they won't do a trade with a big piece in it, but top 100 prospects barely exchange hands these days, even if the player the other team is getting is Mookie freaking Betts.

I'd be surprised to see Melendez or Pratto exchanged for 2 years of Montas. Pasquatino is about the highest price I could see paid.

And I would think it is more likely KC deals from its farm's deepest pools - MI and P - before hitting its position prospect pool.
IF the Royals were to acquire Montas from the A's, I just can't see any way that deal gets done w/o including one of those two (likely Vinnie), since we know how Dayton feels about defense at 1B.

And 2 years of Montas is still better than anything the Royals have on this starting staff right NOW. Obviously, they have more talented pitchers that may take the 'next step', but until they do that . . . . .
[Reply]
Wilson8 01:25 PM 03-16-2022
The Montas story from mlbtraderumors.com -

Originally Posted by :
The Royals, who just trimmed more than $7MM in payroll in their surprising Mike Minor trade, are among the teams pursuing Athletics right-hander Frankie Montas, tweets Ken Rosenthal of The Athletic. If Montas goes elsewhere, Rosenthal adds that the Royals still hope to add a veteran right-handed starter with some of their newfound payroll space.

Montas is among the most popular players remaining on the trade market, having been linked in recent days to the Twins, White Sox, Yankees and now the Royals. Other clubs are surely working diligently to pry the soon-to-be 29-year-old righty away from Oakland.

That’s hardly a surprise, given the Athletics’ clear willingness to trade veterans and the strong year Montas put together in 2021. Last year, the hard-throwing righty tossed 187 innings of 3.37 ERA ball while notching a strong 26.6% strikeout rate against a 7.3% walk rate. Projected by MLBTR contributor Matt Swartz to earn $5.2MM this coming season, Montas is controlled via arbitration through the 2023 campaign.

The Royals, as currently constructed, would be heavily reliant on a collection of talented but largely unproven young starters in a season where they hope to return to competitive status within a relatively weak AL Central division. Brad Keller is the team’s most veteran starter now that Minor has been moved, but he’s in need of a rebound after a career-worst performance in 2021. Brady Singer, Daniel Lynch, Carlos Hernandez, Kris Bubic, Jackson Kowar and Jonathan Heasley will all be in the mix for rotation opportunities, but of that group, only Singer has had much in the way of sustained MLB success — and even he is looking to rebound after something of a sophomore slump.

Kansas City, heartened by the looming debuts of ballyhooed prospects like Bobby Witt Jr., Nick Pratto, MJ Melendez and others, hope that the strength of their young core can help lift them in the standings. Acquiring Montas would substantially boost their chances of doing so, although the mere fact that they’re in pursuit of him serves as further indication that in spite of a mostly quiet offseason, the organization believes the window to compete is opening.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2022/...ie-montas.html

[Reply]
Bronco_buster2 01:26 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ:
What’s depressing about this is it is basically admitting that the “ignore drafting bats and take pitchers at every early pick” has completely failed. If we have to go throwing away prospects for a guy who isn’t an ace level pitcher, then it’s a pretty big indictment of how the Royals must view their talent.
If they got Montas, I don't think it signals at all how they feel about their young arms. KC views themselves a team that should compete this year and they're going to need those young guys to get that done. We are squeezing 162 games into shorter time frame than usual, so they're going to need 7 or 8 arms to do so. That's going to take Keller, Singer, Kowar, Lynch, Carlos, and Bubic, plus a solid veteran SP that's more consistent than Minor was.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:31 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by kstater:
We cut the cord this winter. What are my options? We have YouTube TV. I know they were talking about a bally streaming, but haven't heard anything but rumors of high price point.

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
DirectTV Stream is the streaming option. Its about $20 more than YouTube TV but you get the Royals games.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:31 PM 03-16-2022
Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ:
No it doesn't. :-)
[Reply]
blake5676 01:47 PM 03-16-2022

Back to where it started! Royals in agreement with free-agent RHP Zack Greinke, pending physical, sources tell @TheAthletic.

— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) March 16, 2022

[Reply]
Page 18 of 469
« First < 81415161718 192021222868118 > Last »
Up