ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3636 of 3903
« First < 2636313635363586362636323633363436353636 3637363836393640364636863736 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
carlos3652 09:22 AM 08-10-2021
Not mean to be political

https://gov.texas.gov/news/post/gove...cases-in-texas

Update from Texas.

Recommending Vaccine.
Helping Hospitals with Staffing / Scheduling / Resources to get through the Delta Surge (that happened and also dwindled already in India / UK)

I think this was the right thing to do.. and hope many states follow.

Credit to Donger in the DC thread for the info.
[Reply]
O.city 09:26 AM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by carlos3652:
Not mean to be political

https://gov.texas.gov/news/post/gove...cases-in-texas

Update from Texas.

Recommending Vaccine.
Helping Hospitals with Staffing / Scheduling / Resources to get through the Delta Surge (that happened and also dwindled already in India / UK)

I think this was the right thing to do.. and hope many states follow.

Credit to Donger in the DC thread for the info.

We've been in the middle of a surge here in SW MO for a couple months. It just takes it's time to burn thru everywhere it touches.

India got whacked pretty good, reports were they undercounted deaths by a huge margin, so I'm not sure that's an ideal situation.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 09:49 AM 08-10-2021
Doctors and safety monitors carefully review the details of each case

Sure they do.
[Reply]
carlos3652 10:00 AM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
We've been in the middle of a surge here in SW MO for a couple months. It just takes it's time to burn thru everywhere it touches.

India got whacked pretty good, reports were they undercounted deaths by a huge margin, so I'm not sure that's an ideal situation.
Not saying India OR UK was ideal, I was just comparing the length of time of the surge.

And you and I have agreed on the fact that this should be handled by region / age / specific scenarios.... Just wish our hospitals had more resources to help.
[Reply]
O.city 10:11 AM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by carlos3652:
Not saying India OR UK was ideal, I was just comparing the length of time of the surge.

And you and I have agreed on the fact that this should be handled by region / age / specific scenarios.... Just wish our hospitals had more resources to help.
Yeah, it's a national problem that happens to pop up regionally at different times.

The issue is just the amount of people that it hits. People tend to confuse "ICU and regular hospitalizations". You can't take care of more than 3 or 4 people in the ICU at once and even that is pushing it. We just don't have the numbers for people to get that sick.
[Reply]
Monticore 10:42 AM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:

Sure they do.
Most medical professionals don't give a shit about politics or perception and finding answers is their primary goal and tend to be skeptical in nature whether it is adverse effects of vaccines or causes of death related to COVID they don't tend to care what the answer is going to be and just follow the info/data and often times have no issues being wrong. I want to know if I missed a pathology or got a diagnosis wrong so in the future i don't make the same mistakes. There are of course exceptions but those don't tend to last long or just be overall shitty at what they do.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:25 AM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Most medical professionals don't give a shit about politics or perception and finding answers is their primary goal and tend to be skeptical in nature whether it is adverse effects of vaccines or causes of death related to COVID they don't tend to care what the answer is going to be and just follow the info/data and often times have no issues being wrong. I want to know if I missed a pathology or got a diagnosis wrong so in the future i don't make the same mistakes. There are of course exceptions but those don't tend to last long or just be overall shitty at what they do.
It's weird to me that we have found ourselves in a world where people can say, "Doctors? What do they know?" with a straight face.

Insurance companies? Pharmaceutical companies? I get the skepticism there. But doctors? Come on.
[Reply]
sondevil 11:41 AM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
It's weird to me that we have found ourselves in a world where people can say, "Doctors? What do they know?" with a straight face.

Insurance companies? Pharmaceutical companies? I get the skepticism there. But doctors? Come on.
It’s because the doctors aren’t all in agreement either.
[Reply]
loochy 11:41 AM 08-10-2021

They're still just people. Some are morons, some are smart; some care, some dont; some are honest, some are crooks.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:46 AM 08-10-2021

It is ok to be skeptical of doctors too like any profession , if you run into doctor that says he knows everything and says things like " this works 100% of the time" I would look for another doctor .

Doctors are people too, they make mistakes some are not as strong as others but there have been very few (none) that I have witness that have actively been trying to cause harm.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 11:49 AM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:

Sure they do.
Doctors spend a lot of time educating themselves on covid and the vaccine, have trial and error experience.

And yes, given the compliance around proper reporting, they pay very close attention to how they're handling and reporting covid cases.
[Reply]
TLO 11:50 AM 08-10-2021
I trust Dr Vlad with all my covid questions and concerns.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:13 PM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
It is ok to be skeptical of doctors too like any profession , if you run into doctor that says he knows everything and says things like " this works 100% of the time" I would look for another doctor .

Doctors are people too, they make mistakes some are not as strong as others but there have been very few (none) that I have witness that have actively been trying to cause harm.
Sure. It's the blanket skepticism that I don't get. If you're skeptical about your own doctor, find a new one.
[Reply]
O.city 12:23 PM 08-10-2021
Looks like we're finally coming down the mountain peak here in SW MO.

My receptionist at one of my offices had both parents in the hospital recently with it. Mom got to come home thankfully, but sadly her father passed last Wednesday and they had services for him yesterday.

Sucks.
[Reply]
suzzer99 12:25 PM 08-10-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
I trust Dr Vlad with all my covid questions and concerns.
I posted a while back - some of these celebrity doctors are making $millions a year pushing anti-vaxx content on youtube and social media. That's a pretty strong financial incentive to buck the system.
[Reply]
Page 3636 of 3903
« First < 2636313635363586362636323633363436353636 3637363836393640364636863736 > Last »
Up