ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2736 of 3903
« First < 1736223626362686272627322733273427352736 273727382739274027462786283632363736 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
dirk digler 07:34 AM 07-29-2020
Here you go O.City

Just out @nature: 35% of healthy people (#SARSCoV2 seronegative) have reactive SARSCoV2 CD4 T cells to spike protein, presumably d/t cross-reactive coronavirus exposurehttps://t.co/Xt5tuULuyU
Important implications for explaining variable response to infections & vaccine trials

— Eric Topol (@EricTopol) July 29, 2020

[Reply]
O.city 07:57 AM 07-29-2020
Well there you go

That immediately changes a lot of the early models
[Reply]
O.city 08:11 AM 07-29-2020
That also changes some of the serology studies that show just antibodies
[Reply]
dlphg9 08:31 AM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by TLO:
Someone from reddit who seems to know what they're talking about.
I worked in a hospital lab for 6 years and an elevated Troponin I was a critical high that would get a patient a quick flight to a KC hospital because they were having a MI. Troponin I levels raise due to heart damage. There is another condition that raises TNI, but I think it's fairly rare and I cant even think of what it's called.

That info may be wrong, but 2 different lab managers told me that. Maybe they were full of shit.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:39 AM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Here you go O.City

I really despise headlines like that. It's based on a small sample of people in Berlin from what I can tell, so generalizing it to "healthy people" broadly and giving it an exact percentage is really misleading.

But that said, it's encouraging and suggests that there's almost certainly something to the idea that "natural immunity" is a thing and may be fairly widespread.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:50 AM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
That also changes some of the serology studies that show just antibodies
Which is why Covid seems to break off around 20%seroprevalence.

Sucharit Bhakdi, microbiology and infectious diseases expert in Germany stated he thought 90% would already have prior immunity.

Karl Friston, running computer models, said it looked like 80% of Britain was "out of the game".

Sunetra Gupta, epidemiology at Oxford, thought 60%+ had prior immunity.

Beda Stadler, Immunology at the University of Bern, thinks 70%+ were already immune.
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:55 AM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I really despise headlines like that. It's based on a small sample of people in Berlin from what I can tell, so generalizing it to "healthy people" broadly and giving it an exact percentage is really misleading.

But that said, it's encouraging and suggests that there's almost certainly something to the idea that "natural immunity" is a thing and may be fairly widespread.
It was a really small study but I know OCity would like it. It would be awesome if true but not really buying it yet at least for us in the USA. Maybe in Southeast Asia where they have more exposure to SARS and MERS and other crazy things.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:00 AM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup:
If some of you get the boot just know you have it coming. Although I have noticed there have been several political posts in multiple threads tonight.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk
There was a hockey game on, so they were safe
[Reply]
DaFace 09:05 AM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
There was a hockey game on, so they were safe
Contrary to popular opinion, we've really been very hesitant to boot people from the thread since probably mid-April. After that, people have pushed the limits here and there, and we've booted people who just keep doing it over and over again, but overall we've tried to let minor things go.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:06 AM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Contrary to popular opinion, we've really been very hesitant to boot people from the thread since probably mid-April. After that, people have pushed the limits here and there, and we've booted people who just keep doing it over and over again, but overall we've tried to let minor things go.
Yeah it's been surprisingly well behaved for the most part
[Reply]
DaFace 09:09 AM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
It was a really small study but I know OCity would like it. It would be awesome if true but not really buying it yet at least for us in the USA. Maybe in Southeast Asia where they have more exposure to SARS and MERS and other crazy things.
While this stuff is way beyond any expertise I could claim to have, my understanding is that there are seven widespread coronaviruses, and four of them are from common colds. (The rest of them are SARS and MERS.) I don't know any strong reason that this cross immunity couldn't be driven by the colds as much as SARS and MERS, so there's really pretty good hope that there's a lot of cross immunity worldwide.

More data is needed, but overall, between vaccine progress, improved therapeutics, and cross immunity, I'm really hopeful that live can be mostly back to normal by the end of the year. Fingers crossed.
[Reply]
O.city 09:27 AM 07-29-2020
If you get some crows immunity from SARS or mers you’ll get it from the common cold ones.

Again, there’s gotta be something that’s bringing these curves down this quick like they are. If it’s truly novel and We’re all able to get it, you’d not get curves down like that.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 09:28 AM 07-29-2020
Whatever Japan is doing isn't working.
[Reply]
O.city 09:29 AM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Whatever Japan is doing isn't working.
Basically everywhere that was successful early is having issues now.
[Reply]
petegz28 09:40 AM 07-29-2020
Originally Posted by O.city:
Basically everywhere that was successful early is having issues now.
Seems that way.....
[Reply]
Page 2736 of 3903
« First < 1736223626362686272627322733273427352736 273727382739274027462786283632363736 > Last »
Up