ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 99 of 435
« First < 49899596979899 100101102103109149199 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 11:28 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
so, the ligament in his elbows is it still an issue? Like we wouldn't have traded for him if he was injured right? Please god tell me thats not true
Rick Burkholder probably said he is good to go, like he did fisher this year, Justin Houston in the playoffs when he retore his acl, Eric Berry, or any other guy who has had an injury with us that we haven't taken seriously.
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 11:30 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Ogbah is as about as good of a move as Sean Smith so far. How can you not give Ballard credit for a lot of these moves?

Dorsey has been a disaster in Cleveland. Baker was a terrible pick (5TD/11 INT), he chose a scrawny corner over Chubb who had 12 sacks last year.

He got flat out raped by Veach in the Ogbah/Murray trade. Oh and did I mention that OBJ has 1 TD? That’s their version of Frank Clark.

Meanwhile Ballard is killing it in the draft. Did you see his rookies Okereke and Khari Willis? That’s not even counting Braden Smith and Darius Leonard. Jesus that guy is good at finding talent.
Ya Ballard is the guy we missed on big time. He has brought in legit fucking talent and they still have a massive amount of cap space because he doesn't let it burn a hole in his pocket.
[Reply]
lcarus 11:31 AM 10-14-2019
Ogbah is as about as good of a move as Sean Smith so far. How can you not give Ballard credit for a lot of these moves?

Dorsey has been a disaster in Cleveland. Baker was a terrible pick (5TD/11 INT), he chose a scrawny corner over Chubb who had 12 sacks last year.

He got flat out raped by Veach in the Ogbah/Murray trade. Oh and did I mention that OBJ has 1 TD? That’s their version of Frank Clark.

Meanwhile Ballard is killing it in the draft. Did you see his rookies Okereke and Khari Willis? That’s not even counting Braden Smith and Darius Leonard. Jesus that guy is good at finding talent.
Yeah I think Ballard is the guy that should've been our GM.
[Reply]
Jerm 11:41 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by lcarus:
Yeah I think Ballard is the guy that should've been our GM.
He 100% should've been and all logic would say that's what they were grooming him for but he was never going to be a yes man so there you go....
[Reply]
ChiefoftheKeyboard 11:51 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Jerm:
He 100% should've been and all logic would say that's what they were grooming him for but he was never going to be a yes man so there you go....
Yupp. Sure hope sending Ballard to Indy and keeping veach isn’t our modern day version of keeping Grbac over rich gannon
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 11:52 AM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
so, the ligament in his elbows is it still an issue? Like we wouldn't have traded for him if he was injured right? Please god tell me thats not true
Look at the big ass brace in that picture above. AND he ran off the field in pain, clutching it on one occasion.

It’s definitely still an issue.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:08 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Shawn Smith at CB is a far better signing than anything Veach has pulled...Mitch Schwartz? Dorsey drafted Jones...

Still even if you want to literally take away a bunch of Dorseys moves he's still better.
And as I've mentioned before; the issue with his D picks was mostly one of priority. It was that he simply didn't put a lot of capital at the defense, not that he often swung and missed.

He had one true 'miss' in the 1st or 2nd round (K-Pass) on defensive players. And a couple rough 3rd rounders (Russell and to a lesser extent Gaines, but injury ruined that pick more than potential).

He has Ford, Jones, Peters and Nelson (who yes, was a very good pick) on his ledger. In 5 years running the show he missed on a single 2nd round defensive player and a 3rd rounder, with something of an INC for Gaines, who looked good until he got injured and somehow is still in the NFL (so how bad could that pick really be?).

Dorsey was revered 'round these parts until he got fired, then all of the sudden people forgot about how instrumental he was in building this team. If Veach does HALF of what Dorsey did, we'd win multiple championships. I suspect he won't.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:24 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
And as I've mentioned before; the issue with his D picks was mostly one of priority. It was that he simply didn't put a lot of capital at the defense, not that he often swung and missed.

He had one true 'miss' in the 1st or 2nd round (K-Pass) on defensive players. And a couple rough 3rd rounders (Russell and to a lesser extent Gaines, but injury ruined that pick more than potential).

He has Ford, Jones, Peters and Nelson (who yes, was a very good pick) on his ledger. In 5 years running the show he missed on a single 2nd round defensive player and a 3rd rounder, with something of an INC for Gaines, who looked good until he got injured and somehow is still in the NFL (so how bad could that pick really be?).

Dorsey was revered 'round these parts until he got fired, then all of the sudden people forgot about how instrumental he was in building this team. If Veach does HALF of what Dorsey did, we'd win multiple championships. I suspect he won't.
At this point, if Veach went the Pioli route and only drafted college team captains with high floors at every position, we'd be in okay shape.

That's not how you build a real championship contender for most teams, but if you're the Chiefs with a QB like Mahomes, having a defense of nothing but those kind of guys with a lucky hit or two here and there might just be enough.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:26 PM 10-14-2019
If Dorsey was still here our defense would still be trash.

Why did our defense start getting bad? Bc Poe left, bc DJ started having major injuries, bc Tamba had run his course and his body was finished, bc Houston got injured.

Dorsey does not get credit for Marcus Peters being such a tool bag that even Andy couldn’t deal with him anymore.

He chose to pass on Bradley Chubb, who had 12 sacks as a rookie, for a corner who has done dick. He passed on Chubb bc he had Ogbah. But wait! Ogbah got traded for Eric Murray. Veach flat out raped Dorsey on that.

Now compare this to what Ballard has done and it’s night and day from what Veach and Dorsey have done combined.

And yes I truly believe that Ballard played a huge part in our success before he left.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:28 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I've been studying Frank to see what his moves are. He has several, but they're not working yet. I see the following:

1. The Lean. He stands up and leans against the offensive lineman, hiding behind the guy so he can catch a quarterback by surprise if the quarterback runs by. This is apparently his favorite move since he uses it a lot.

2. The Gator. He falls down and lies very still, ready to grab a QB's ankles when he least expects it.

3. The Sprint. He runs straight upfield past the quarterback, positioning himself to make the tackle if the quarterback inexplicably starts running toward his own end zone.

4. The Windmill. He stands several yards from the quarterback, waving his arms wildly to distract him.

5. The helicopter. As you mentioned, he spins rapidly to create a wind vortex that will blow the ball off course.
The Playground Spazzout. Spin and flail your arms in all directions as you otherwise nestle softly into the tackles arms.

The Hysterical Woman. Pound your fists against the tackle's chest as you slowly lose consciousness and slump to the ground.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:33 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Veach would have traded 2 1's for Albert Haynesworth.
To be fair - Clark seems to be trying a lot harder than Haynesworth did. However in some ways that makes it worse. There's no hope right now.
[Reply]
suzzer99 01:34 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by In58men:
Damn I just watched the Watson TD at the end of the game.

Frank Clark seemed intimidated as fuck, he had absolutely no clue what to do. Zero urgency, dude had the opportunity to go after him and he just sat back.

He legitimately has to be the worst defensive player on this team followed by Breeland.
If he goes after him Watson just makes a move and runs by. Clark knew he was hosed either way and just hoping for help to arrive. Which it didn't because it never does with our D.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:35 PM 10-14-2019
He chose to pass on Bradley Chubb, who had 12 sacks as a rookie, for a corner who has done dick.
I don't know why you keep fucking this 'Bradley Chubb' chicken.

Corner is the hardest commodity on the market to get right now. Instead of taking a DE (when he has Garrett), Dorsey went and snagged a CB who made the pro bowl as a rookie.

You ALWAYS ignore that. You always say he took some skinny corner without saying "who had one of the better seasons by a rookie CB in recent memory". Instead you flat out fucking lie and say he's 'done dick'.

And I know it's intentional because I've pointed this out to you on several occasions yet you just keep acting like Ward was a scrub. He wasn't - dude was an elite CB last season and I suspect many, if not most, GMs would rather have him than Chubb.

As for the rest, you're just picking and choosing to fit your narrative. You're giving Ballard credit for any good defensive pick we make and blaming Dorsey for any bad one. Based on what, I do not know. Then again, you don't either so I guess we're even. 'K-Pass was clearly a Dorsey pick as was Peters, but you know Jones and Nelson were Ballard picks...."

Sure we do, sport. Sure we do.

Look - if Dorsey was a pile of wet garbage, we're in a LOT more trouble than I realized. Veach isn't half the GM Dorsey was.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 01:39 PM 10-14-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) Love that the picture is him tackling Watson for a TD.
Is it just me, or could Ragland cleaned up Watson before getting into the end zone?
[Reply]
DinoHackett 02:02 PM 10-14-2019
....I like this site, and I like you guys.
[Reply]
Page 99 of 435
« First < 49899596979899 100101102103109149199 > Last »
Up