ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 34 of 435
« First < 243031323334 353637384484134 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Frank Clark fucking sucks
RealSNR 02:33 PM 09-15-2019
Guy has done NOTHING in two games. Barely any pressures to speak of against trash OTs.

Yeah, I'm in bitchy gameday mode. Don't care. I'm tired of paying out the ass for defensive players who don't make plays.

At least Justin Houston could dominate against bad teams after we paid him.
[Reply]
-King- 02:48 PM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Do I think this is what he was brought here to be?

No.

Do I think the entire defense is new? Yes.

Again, look at the title of the thread and the hyperbole that started it all. It's pretty easy to see why this is an argument and it has nothing to do with the people defending him.
So if the thread title was different you'd admit Clark has been a disappointment?
[Reply]
ptlyon 02:51 PM 09-23-2019
I'll start worrying about it when we lose a game to poor defense. See also: last year
[Reply]
RunKC 02:53 PM 09-23-2019
Here’s Frank Clark drawing the double team on the stunt with Tanoh. Pretty clear that Oakland was focused on him so Hudson could go against Jones 1X1.

Clark’s double team gave both Tanoh and Jones 1X1 opportunities and this is what happened:

It was clear as day that the Raiders were hell bent on taking him away and Daley wisely took advantage of it.

But hey it wasn’t a sack so I guess that mean fuck all.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:53 PM 09-23-2019
Do I think this is what he was brought here to be?

No.

Do I think the entire defense is new? Yes.

Again, look at the title of the thread and the hyperbole that started it all. It's pretty easy to see why this is an argument and it has nothing to do with the people defending him.
It absolutely does when someone points out that he's routinely the 4th best player on the DL and your response is "He's doing his job..."

NOW who's overplaying their hand?

His defenders have no more high ground than his most vicious detractors at this point.

Frank Clark isn't playing good football. He isn't 'doing his job'. And if you sat up there watching them running those plays (again, mostly trap plays up the gut that were taking advantage of a softer middle) and thought to yourself "well clearly they're running to the right, away from Frank Clark" when he spent a large portion of that game on THAT side of the defensive formation - then clearly you were also just seeing what you wanted to see.

No, the Ravens were never running away from Frank Clark; at the very least they weren't actively avoiding Frank Clark. When they run to the right do you know why? Hint: The name you're looking for isn't Frank Clark - it's Marshall Yanda. Who is fucking awesome. Running behind Will Shields wasn't because you're scared of the RDE - it's because running inside behind Will Shields works really well, regardless of who's on the field. The Ravens most assuredly were not game-planning to avoid running at Clark - because they kept running the same way even after Spags started moving him.

No, he's not playing well. And saying "Frank Clark fucking sucks" is no more egregious than trying to argue that he's actually playing well. He isn't.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:53 PM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by -King-:
So if the thread title was different you'd admit Clark has been a disappointment?
I'd admit he hasn't lived up to the price tag, sure.

Disappointment though, no. There is absolutely NOTHING disappointing about being the best team in the NFL, sorry.
[Reply]
MightyMouse 02:54 PM 09-23-2019
It’s okay to call out poor play. Anyone that thinks Frank hasn’t been disappointing is just wrong right now, and that’s coming from someone who is great at analyzing football. Hopefully he gets things going
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:55 PM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It absolutely does when someone points out that he's routinely the 4th best player on the DL and your response is "He's doing his job..."

His defenders have no more high ground than his most vicious detractors at this point.

Frank Clark isn't playing good football. He isn't 'doing his job'. And if you sat up there watching them running those plays (again, mostly trap plays up the gut that were taking advantage of a softer middle) and thought to yourself "well clearly they're running to the right, away from Frank Clark" when he spent a large portion of that game on THAT side of the defensive formation - then clearly you were also just seeing what you wanted to see.

No, the Ravens were never running away from Frank Clark; at the very least they weren't actively avoiding Frank Clark. No, he's not playing well. And saying "Frank Clark fucking sucks" is no more egregious than trying to argue that he's actually playing well. He isn't.
When Lamar Jackson RPO's into a horizontal run to the right for 4 or 5 yards, they're running away from the right side. There were way more runs than the Ingram/Edwards runs you're referring to.
[Reply]
O.city 03:00 PM 09-23-2019
I'd admit he hasn't lived up to the price tag, sure.

Disappointment though, no. There is absolutely NOTHING disappointing about being the best team in the NFL, sorry.
They were one of the 2 best last year too. It was still disappointing.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:01 PM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by O.city:
They were one of the 2 best last year too. It was still disappointing.
And herein lies the fundamental problem with living on CP.

You can't control the outcome. You can only enjoy the ride. Why focus on it?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:03 PM 09-23-2019
When Lamar Jackson RPO's into a horizontal run to the right for 4 or 5 yards, they're running away from the right side. There were way more runs than the Ingram/Edwards runs you're referring to.
Not when they were putting Clark on the defense's left (offenses right) with fair frequency and they were STILL running over there.

Again - that's because of Marshall Yanda - not Frank Clark.

I don't know where this whole "Frank Clark - elite run defender" thing came from but it's not true now and it hasn't been true at any point in his entire career. He's a solid run defender. Teams are not game-planning around running away from Frank Clark and they never have.

Y'all want a run defender? I will say what I said weeks ago - that guy was Clowney, who has been a truly elite run defender his entire career. Frank Clark is not the guy you think he is.

He's a solid run defender who's key attribute there is that he won't hurt you against the run while also being a genuine asset as a pass rusher. Right now he's been largely a non-factor because he's still just a solid run defender but the asset as a pass rusher part is missing. I mean really, now we're talking about the guard picking him up on a stunt as though the LT releasing late isn't a mistake?

The Chiefs did that 2 weeks ago and LDT got correctly barbecued for it. Now when the Raiders do it "Clearly the Raiders are hell-bent on not giving Clark anything!!!!"

No, it's just as likely, if not far more so, that the communication between the G and T was screwed up (as happens on stunts that DON'T involve the immortal Frank Clark every single week) and when the G passed Tanoh up the line for the T to pick him up, the T neglected to do so and then K-Pass came free. That's extremely likely to just be bad OL play and when the Chiefs OL does it (and we aren't engaging in a Frank Clark dick-suck-a-thon) we're smart enough to recognize that.

But suddenly Frank Clark is involved and people turn their brains off.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 03:03 PM 09-23-2019

No, the Ravens were never running away from Frank Clark; at the very least they weren't actively avoiding Frank Clark. When they run to the right do you know why? Hint: The name you're looking for isn't Frank Clark - it's Marshall Yanda. Who is fucking awesome. Running behind Will Shields wasn't because you're scared of the RDE - it's because running inside behind Will Shields works really well, regardless of who's on the field. The Ravens most assuredly were not game-planning to avoid running at Clark - because they kept running the same way even after Spags started moving him.

No, he's not playing well. And saying "Frank Clark fucking sucks" is no more egregious than trying to argue that he's actually playing well. He isn't.
No matter how many words you type it still doesn't make you right
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:05 PM 09-23-2019
:-) DJ is sure in a mood.
[Reply]
O.city 03:06 PM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
:-) DJ is sure in a mood.
Wait till the Chiefs trade a haul for Ramsey.

That'll be a fun day.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:06 PM 09-23-2019
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
No matter how many words you type it still doesn't make you right
Frank Clark's been our 4th best defensive lineman through 3 weeks.

Shorter - you feel better now?
[Reply]
TambaBerry 03:07 PM 09-23-2019
Frank Clark's been our 4th best defensive lineman through 3 weeks.

Shorter - you feel better now?
Yes and can't disagree with you on that but if the other three didn't have him on the line would they still have produced that well?
[Reply]
Page 34 of 435
« First < 243031323334 353637384484134 > Last »
Up