ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 128 of 2687
« First < 2878118124125126127128 1291301311321381782286281128 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:48 PM 05-07-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
When you have that many picks invested into one player, chances are more likely than not that Smith stays on the roster in 2018 to ease this kid in. Cause he's just that, a 21 year old kid... despite what Pugs refuses to believe when Chadiha and Mayock are saying that Smith will be around for 2 more seasons.
They both thought we were taking Watson. Mayock flipped to mahomes after nfl draft rumors announced the pick was in.

Fuck you for acting like they know something.
[Reply]
Sandy Vagina 04:48 PM 05-07-2017
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
Have to say, the nickname situation is pretty weak. 2PM doesn't really make any sense.

And what is this 'face that runs the place' crap? I mean I assume it is following him from college, but is it supposed to sound cool just because it rhymes or something?

I don't have the solution, but I think we can do better.
Agreed. Just not really working. Too bad he didn't take #4.

Could have tried a

Mahomes, Patrick, #4

"MP4 is spraying mutha****as!"
[Reply]
The Franchise 04:50 PM 05-07-2017
Originally Posted by Messier:
If you want to be technical, that Maserati was purchased at a bargain price of 20k. You have a few years of car payments on that Civic that for some reason more than double the cost of the Maserati.
More technical? You just bought a Maserati and the dealer let you take it off the lot for really low payments for 4 years. You own a Civic that you're paying $400 a month for this year but next year it jumps to over $600 a month. The bank is allowing you to give back the Civic next year and it will only cost you a small penalty. Tiger thinks that we should hang onto that Civic at the $600 month payment and drive it while the Maserati sits in the garage because he doesn't trust the tires.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:55 PM 05-07-2017
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
Have to say, the nickname situation is pretty weak. 2PM doesn't really make any sense.

And what is this 'face that runs the place' crap? I mean I assume it is following him from college, but is it supposed to sound cool just because it rhymes or something?

I don't have the solution, but I think we can do better.
'The Face That Runs the Place' is something only WWE fans will understand, but the jist is easy to see.

Unfortunately, most all nicknames in football are unoriginal. TB12, ARod, DC, etc..
[Reply]
RunKC 05:05 PM 05-07-2017
Idk guys "ChocoFavre" sounds pretty good. Way better than "Smitty"
[Reply]
beach tribe 05:42 PM 05-07-2017
Originally Posted by Otter:
Why do you guys find it so incredibly difficult to ignore trolls like tiger? It's easy, watch...
He's not a troll.

He's genuinely that stupid.
[Reply]
rydogg58 05:45 PM 05-07-2017
Speed = opportunity, it does not translate to accuracy. The kid has a lot of work on his mechanics, footwork, and rhythm if he's going to succeed in a WCO, especially coming from an Air Raid system. The more impatient you are waiting for this kid, the more likely he will fail.

Did Andy make a comment about developing a rookie QB over 1 year when there is a starter that has been close to the SB several times over the last 6 seasons?
Who is that starter you are talking about now? Andy Dalton? He's got 4 playoff appearances. Roethlisberger? Kaepernick? Hell, Kap has just as many divisional playoff wins as Alex has, plus an NFC championship ring. Alex couldn't even get that. He had to go and show your boy how it was done.

Please say you honestly don't believe that Alex "has been close to the SB several times over the last 6 seasons".
[Reply]
penchief 05:47 PM 05-07-2017
I've been reading all the Mahomes threads and soaking up every Mahomes video and breakdown I can find. I have been a die-hard chiefs fan since Christmas day, 1971. I have hung on every game year in and year out. I haven't missed a single round of the draft since they've been televised.

I am 100% sold on Patrick Mahomes. I don't think I've ever been this excited about a player. He has "it." It seems to me like it should be obvious. It is strange to me that these threads have become contentious.

The criticisms about poor decisions and bad footwork are fair observations. But I think there is a level of context being omitted. He is deadly accurate even when he is slinging it side-arm off his back foot. Mostly this occurs when he is on the run or under pressure. He has at times shown good mechanics when passing from a clean pocket.

I also see a kid who is the complete package. Every interview I see he seems smart and well-spoken. His college videos show a leader on the field and a fierce competitor. It's clear to me he loves to play football. I have no doubt he will put in the necessary work to improve his mechanics. I believe he has star potential and I think we got a steal even at the price we paid.

I am grateful to Alex Smith for his contribution in changing the culture of the team. He is a consummate professional and someone Mahomes can learn from. But anyone who watches 15 minutes of Mahomes highlights should be able to recognize that there is no comparison.

Mahomes should start as soon as Andy thinks he is ready. It doesn't matter to me when that is. From what I've seen the sky is the limit. He has it all. And I am so excited for the future.
[Reply]
rico 05:56 PM 05-07-2017
Originally Posted by penchief:
I've been reading all the Mahome threads and soaking up every Mahome video and breakdown I can find. I have been a die-hard chiefs fan since Christmas day, 1971. I have hung on every game year in and year out. I haven't missed a single round of the draft since they've been televised.

I am 100% sold on Patrick Mahomes. I don't think I've ever been this excited about a player. He has "it." It seems to me like it should be obvious. It is strange to me that these threads have become contentious.

The criticisms about poor decisions and bad footwork are fair observations. But I think there is a level of context being omitted. He is deadly accurate even when he is slinging it side-arm off his back foot. Mostly this occurs when he is on the run or under pressure. He has at times shown good mechanics when passing from a clean pocket.

I also see a kid who is the complete package. Every interview I see he seems smart and well-spoken. His college videos show a leader on the field and a fierce competitor. It's clear to me he loves to play football. I have no doubt he will put in the necessary work to improve his mechanics. I believe he has star potential and I think we got a steal even at the price we paid.

I am grateful to Alex Smith for his contribution in changing the culture of the team. He is a consummate professional and someone Mahomes can learn from. But anyone who watches 15 minutes of Mahomes highlights should be able to recognize that there is no comparison.

Mahomes should start as soon as Andy thinks he is ready. It doesn't matter to me when that is. From what I've seen the sky is the limit. He has it all. And I am so excited for the future.
:-)
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:00 PM 05-07-2017
I've been reading all the Mahome threads and soaking up every Mahome video and breakdown I can find. I have been a die-hard chiefs fan since Christmas day, 1971. I have hung on every game year in and year out. I haven't missed a single round of the draft since they've been televised.

Spectacular post. I agreed with every single bit of it.
[Reply]
Red Dawg 06:04 PM 05-07-2017
Me to.
[Reply]
Chiefaholic 06:10 PM 05-07-2017
Mahomes is going to make Tyreek Hill a rich man.
[Reply]
Coogs 06:13 PM 05-07-2017

From Reid's comments, it is already apparent Mahoms biggest hurdle is understanding the playbook, and not the footwork/mechanics. If Mahomes can handle the playbook by August, then I hope this TC becomes a competition for the starting position. It does not seem out of the question Mahomes might just be able to pull that off.

And, yes, I know everyone up at Arrowhead is saying this is Smith's job in 17. They really don't have much choice in May. August is 3 months away. Much could change by that point.

Everyone knows what you are getting with Smith. Mahomes appears to be enough of a competitor to make this interseting by August. August of 2017.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 06:18 PM 05-07-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I can't believe you think that Jeff Chadiha and Mike Mayock are the end-all be-all when it comes to how long Mahomes sits. :-)

When is the last time that a first round quarterback, much less one that cost two 1st-rounders and a 3rd, sat for 2 seasons? What, Rodgers? And he was behind a beloved future HOFer.

You're a damn moron if you think this kid can't be ready in 1 1/2 years. He has two full offseasons, two full preseasons, and all the free time in the world to get prepared for his takeover. There is zero reason to believe that he isn't going to put everything he has into this period of learning and development.

Don't forget, you are the same guy who said 'I'm so glad Dorsey and Reid aren't dumb enough to take a QB like you idiots want...' Cause guess what, you ARE that guy.
Better question... When was the last time a team used that many picks and produced an elite franchise QB??

There is nothing Orthodox about this situation...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:21 PM 05-07-2017
Better question... When was the last time a team used that many picks and produced an elite franchise QB??

There is nothing Orthodox about this situation...
Orthodoxy KC Chefs Quarterbacking has led this franchise into the mindless circle jerk of the last 30 years...

It's time for a little Protestant action under center you fucking false prophet.
[Reply]
Page 128 of 2687
« First < 2878118124125126127128 1291301311321381782286281128 > Last »
Up