Page 65 of 934
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975115165565 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 02:20 PM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
You're welcome. I will probably sell 25% since I purchased a good chunk pretty low and let the rest ride. I think there's more good news to come but there will probably a little volatility until that news comes out. Still surprised there hasn't been any news on andexanet alfa and we are into late Q2
Conference call at 4:30eastern might provide more clarity on Andexanet. I think it will be more good news, and if you crunch the numbers, I think this stock has a lot more room to run. Congratulations on your gains, and thanks again so much! I'm going to hold this for a year from my entry, at which time I believe your tip will pocket me over $50K.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 02:32 PM 06-23-2017
No kidding? I'll be hoping for the best. Glad you trusted my advice and that it worked in our favor
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 03:53 PM 06-23-2017
No kidding? I'll be hoping for the best. Glad you trusted my advice and that it worked in our favor
You are the freaking MAN!
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:30 PM 06-23-2017
He hasn't made a dime until he sells it ! My advice from experience.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:29 PM 06-23-2017
Back to investing.

I am self employed and am needing to set up an additional Roth IRA. I have one through a company a buddy of mine works for. I told him I'd give it a shot. It's meh. I'm going to do one that works on my terms.

Since this is self directed, I'm looking for the following:
1. Lowest overhead/fees - cost essentially. I won't be running a lot of trades so I'm not as concerned with commission, but I need the cost to be low.

2. Convenience - I'm busy as fuck. I need to make something happen with a low time commitment. I'm disciplined enough I don't necessarily need direct deposit, but it wouldn't be a bad look. I just don't want to fuck with this thing during the busy season.

Anybody have experience with any companies out there?
[Reply]
lewdog 06:31 PM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Back to investing.

I am self employed and am needing to set up an additional Roth IRA. I have one through a company a buddy of mine works for. I told him I'd give it a shot. It's meh. I'm going to do one that works on my terms.

1. Lowest overhead/fees - cost essentially. I won't be running a lot of trades so I'm not as concerned with commission, but I need the cost to be low.

2. Convenience - I'm busy as fuck. I need to make something happen with a low time commitment. I'm disciplined enough I don't necessarily need direct deposit, but it wouldn't be a bad look. I just don't want to fuck with this thing during the busy season.

So you have a ROTH IRA already but want another one? This is a bit confusing as your total contribution limit for the year won't change by adding another one. I'd just up your contribution to your work one if that's the case, to max it out.

Vanguard probably meets what you want. Numerous, low cost funds with excellent track records.

If you are unsure or don't want to make many moves, simply buy into a target date fund and it resets your allocation (stocks/bonds) for you as you age.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:34 PM 06-23-2017
Back to investing.

2. Convenience - I'm busy as ****. I need to make something happen with a low time commitment. I'm disciplined enough I don't necessarily need direct deposit, but it wouldn't be a bad look. I just don't want to **** with this thing during the busy season.

I use Etrade , no fee for Mutual funds from Etrade as far as I can tell, I just set one up for my daughter 6 months ago.You can use their research to find one you like.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:36 PM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
So you have a ROTH IRA already but want another one?

Vanguard probably meets what you want. Numerous, low cost funds with excellent track records.

If you are unsure or don't want to make many moves, simply buy into a target date fund and it resets your allocation (stocks/bonds) for you as you age.
Thanks!

Do you have an account there? I looked into them after doing a case study in college round about a million years ago. (Which is an amazing advertising tool - put your case study in a business textbook). I know their funds are typically well represented in the performance listings, but was apprehensive because they only used Vanguard funds. Has it been a problem for you?
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:39 PM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer:
I use Etrade , no fee for Mutual funds from Etrade as far as I can tell, I just set one up for my daughter 6 months ago.You can use their research to find one you like.
That sounds good. I didn't think about Etrade allowing Roth's.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:43 PM 06-23-2017
Thanks!

Do you have an account there? I looked into them after doing a case study in college round about a million years ago. (Which is an amazing advertising tool - put your case study in a business textbook). I know their funds are typically well represented in the performance listings, but was apprehensive because they only used Vanguard funds. Has it been a problem for you?
I edited my post above after I think you saw it. Can you answer those for me? Why have another ROTH? Your total contribution for the year will be the same regardless of how many accounts you have.

My wife's ROTH IRA is through Vanguard. They have the lowest fees of any mutual fund company, plenty of options. You can buy individual stocks for $7 for the first 25 trades and I think and that rests every year (but you'll have to check that, maybe not). I have my ROTH through TRowePrice, mostly because my dad started it there for me when I was in middle school. Their fees are more but they have more specialty funds to choose from, although I've thought about moving it over to Vanguard as well due to fees being cheaper. Cheap fees for retirement planning is my preferred method of investing! My 401k through work offers some Vanguard index funds and that's where I park most of my money.
[Reply]
Buehler445 06:48 PM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by lewdog:
I edited my post above after I think you saw it. Can you answer those for me? Why have another ROTH? Your total contribution for the year will be the same regardless of how many accounts you have.

My wife's ROTH IRA is through Vanguard. They have the lowest fees of any mutual fund company, plenty of options. You can buy individual stocks for $7 for the first 25 trades and I think and that rests every year (but you'll have to check that, maybe not). I have my ROTH through TRowePrice, mostly because my dad started it there for me when I was in middle school. Their fees are more but they have more specialty funds to choose from, although I've thought about moving it over to Vanguard as well due to fees being cheaper. Cheap fees for retirement planning is my preferred method of investing! My 401k through work offers some Vanguard index funds and that's where I park most of my money.
Cool man. The one I have is through NY Life. It's not through work. It's just wonky. I haven't been happy with it, figured I'd start one and see if my yields are any better before I roll it out of there. If I even can with life insurance companies weird ass products.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 06:50 PM 06-23-2017
That sounds good. I didn't think about Etrade allowing Roth's.
Let me be clear , I just invested her money in a mutual fund ,not specifically a Roth but there was no fee for the investment through Etrade.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 07:01 PM 06-23-2017
I have a roth at work and a roth from edward jones. Edward Jones costs 40 dollars a year but you can poke around as many questions as you want. I wanted a real pro to look at my money just to give me peace of mind I am doing everything I can to ser up my future.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:01 PM 06-23-2017
Thanks HF
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 07:03 PM 06-23-2017
Originally Posted by Demonpenz:
I have a roth at work and a roth from edward jones. Edward Jones costs 40 dollars a year but you can poke around as many questions as you want. I wanted a real pro to look at my money just to give me peace of mind I am doing everything I can to ser up my future.
Bingo, That's how I used my daughters money. she has Money in Edward Jones donated from Grandma so I visit with them to get suggestions and then buy through Etrade. Edward Jones charges 2% in and 2% out.
[Reply]
Page 65 of 934
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975115165565 > Last »
Up