ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 54 of 929
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864104154554 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
kepp 08:57 AM 03-10-2017
Here's a beginner's question...when I am creating a buy order for a stock I'm seeing "bid" and "ask" prices and then a place where I can specify a price, but it is pre-filled with the "ask" price. What is bid vs. ask?
[Reply]
DaKCMan AP 09:25 AM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by kepp:
Here's a beginner's question...when I am creating a buy order for a stock I'm seeing "bid" and "ask" prices and then a place where I can specify a price, but it is pre-filled with the "ask" price. What is bid vs. ask?
There are a set number of shares available for a given stock. When you buy shares of a stock that means someone else is selling.

Bid is what someone buying is willing to pay per share.
Ask is what someone selling is willing to accept per share.

Bid/Ask prices fluctuate constantly as the share price of a stock changes.

[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 09:45 AM 03-10-2017
You're entering a market order.

Read this
http://www.investopedia.com/terms/b/bid-askspread.asp
Then this about limit orders
http://www.investopedia.com/ask/answ...-far-apart.asp

That site has good info for a beginner. You can also paper trade in their simulator
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:12 AM 03-10-2017
For big stocks, I think the difference between bid and ask is so small that it's inconsequential. But for small stocks sometimes it's a pain because you always get the price that's worse and it can make a difference in your plan.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 11:25 AM 03-10-2017
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
For big stocks, I think the difference between bid and ask is so small that it's inconsequential. But for small stocks sometimes it's a pain because you always get the price that's worse and it can make a difference in your plan.
He's buying a OTC penny stock that the last 3 refreshes of my google finance page have been -6%, -8% and then -11%. You can get in for .0213/share now!

.. and back to -6.67 on next refresh
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 11:27 AM 03-10-2017
If/when you buy, make sure to put in a limit order, not a market order. Especially on lower-priced stocks. It's just as easy, and it keeps you from getting screwed by market makers.
[Reply]
Nightfyre 11:46 AM 03-10-2017
It seems like that Twx att merger is a pretty good bet. Currently, the way the transaction is structured, the market value when it goes through for Twx is a little over 108 a share, versus a current price of 98/share.the merger will not be subject to an fcc review and the DOJ review does not look like an obstacle. It's worth a shot, imo.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 12:29 PM 03-10-2017
Anyone know any good Bitcoin/Crypto currency-related potential moon shots? HIGHLY speculative, but they could explode if things go the right way. I'm looking at $BITCF right now. Don't even know if it's a legit company yet. Trading at $0.06 OTC currently.
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 09:48 AM 03-15-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Want to make a nice investment that will cash out well in the next few years?

Aclaris Therapeutics and Portola Pharmaceuticals.

You're welcome.
Portola trying to push through $40. Thanks for the tip, got 500 @ $37.88. Didn't buy Aclaris. Up over a thousand already. If/when it holds above $40, I'll get more, since next resistance is around $50.

And in terms of my previous post, about 10 minutes research into BITCF leads to not wanting to touch it with a 10 foot poll. I like the future of crypto currency, but not BITCF.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 01:26 PM 03-15-2017
Originally Posted by ChiliConCarnage:
:-)

Were definitely getting another rate hike this month. Futures are over 90% now. A 2nd one by June is almost at 50%
bumped another quarter point. It looks like pretty much everything reacted positively. Even interest sensitive things.. bonds, REITs, utilities all up in general
[Reply]
ChiefRocka 01:54 PM 03-15-2017
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Anyone know any good Bitcoin/Crypto currency-related potential moon shots? HIGHLY speculative, but they could explode if things go the right way. I'm looking at $BITCF right now. Don't even know if it's a legit company yet. Trading at $0.06 OTC currently.
If you're looking to gamble check out BTCS:OTCQB
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 02:14 PM 03-15-2017
Originally Posted by ChiefRocka:
If you're looking to gamble check out BTCS:OTCQB
Oh I'm looking to gamble. Thanks, I'll check it out.

Big day for $PTLA. Blew right through $40. Up $1500 thanks to TigerUppercut.
[Reply]
wutamess 09:04 AM 03-16-2017
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
Oh I'm looking to gamble. Thanks, I'll check it out.

Big day for $PTLA. Blew right through $40. Up $1500 thanks to TigerUppercut.
Thinking of getting 50 shares today... Good buy and hold you think or look elsewhere?
[Reply]
scho63 11:42 AM 03-17-2017
This morning I took a little gamble in the options market that paid off nicely. Almost a two hour trade to the exact moment.

Bought $2000 worth of Tesla TSLA $265 calls (50) contracts at .40 that expire TODAY around 10:15 am and sold them all by 12:15 pm for between .67 and .75 netting a $1,470 profit or just over 70% return.

Nice way to start my sabbatical.

I'm now in Tulsa OK, a little more than halfway to Scottsdale. Going to be lounging by my longtime friends pool today.......
Attached: TESLA TRADE.jpg (137.8 KB) 
[Reply]
wutamess 02:14 PM 03-17-2017
Originally Posted by scho63:
This morning I took a little gamble in the options market that paid off nicely. Almost a two hour trade to the exact moment.

Bought $2000 worth of Tesla TSLA $265 calls (50) contracts at .40 that expire TODAY around 10:15 am and sold them all by 12:15 pm for between .67 and .75 netting a $1,470 profit or just over 70% return.

Nice way to start my sabbatical.

I'm now in Tulsa OK, a little more than halfway to Scottsdale. Going to be lounging by my longtime friends pool today.......
I'm trying like hell to understand that pic and how it made you money.
[Reply]
Page 54 of 929
« First < 4445051525354 5556575864104154554 > Last »
Up