ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 3
1 23 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Mock (6/21)
Direckshun 09:18 AM 06-21-2021
Assumptions:

1. The Chiefs do well this coming season. HC Andy Reid and GM Brett Veach are retained. The salary cap jumps $35m.

2. Before the 2021 season starts: OG Laurent Duvarney-Tardif is traded with a 2022 6th round pick to the Houston Texans for OT/G Tytus Howard and a 2022 4th round pick; S Tyrann Mathieu is extended for 3 years, $52m ($30m guaranteed).

3. OC Eric Bienemy is hired by your mom's second favorite team to become a HC.

4. The Chiefs franchise: OT Orlando Brown.

5. The Chiefs extended: WR Tyreek Hill for 4 years, $80m ($52 guaranteed).

6. The Chiefs tender: WR Jody Fortson, LB Emmanuel Smith

7. The Chiefs re-sign: DT Jarran Reed 2 years, $20m ($8m guaranteed), DT Derrick Nnadi 2 years, $9m ($1m guaranteed)

8. The Chiefs re-sign to minimal deals: QB Chad Henne, RB Darrel Williams, WR Marcus Kemp, LB Ben Niemann, LB Darius Harris, WR Byron Pringle, OT Mike Remmers, OG Andrew Wylie, C Austin Blythe, LS James Winchester

9. The Chiefs let walk: RB Jerick McKinnon, FB Michael Burton, OG Kyle Long, WR Demarcus Robinson, TE Blake Bell, TE Nick Keizer, DE Taco Charlton, OLB Dorian O'Daniel, CB Charvarius Ward, S Dan Sorensen, S Armani Watts.

10. The Chiefs sign WR Anthony Miller (Bears), TE MyCole Pruitt (49ers), CB Kyle Fuller (Broncos), S Darian Thompson (Cowboys).

11. The Chiefs are picking late in the draft.

The draft:

1. DE Aiden Hutchinson, Michigan (Chiefs trade a 4th and a 2023 2nd to move up)
2. DE Myjai Sanders, Cincinnati
3. CB Roger McCreary, Auburn
3 (Bienemy). S Bralen Trahan, Louisville
4. RB Zamir White, Georgia
6. CB Tiawan Mullen, Indiana
7. LB Nick Jackson, Virginia

the roster:

QB: Mahomes, Henne
RB: Edwards-Helaire, Williams, White, Thompson
FB: some guy

WR: Hill, Hardman, Pringle, Powell, Fortson, Miller
TE: Kelce, Gray, Pruitt

LT: Brown, Remmers
LG: Thuney, Wylie
C: Humphrey, Blythe
RG: Smith, Howard
RT: Niang, Remmers

DE: Clark, Sanders, Kaindoh
DT: Jones, Wharton
DT: Nnadi, Reed, Saunders
DE: Hutchinson, Danna

OLB: Gay, Jackson
ILB: Hitchens, Niemann
OLB: Bolton, Harris, Smith

CB: Sneed, Fuller, Fenton, McCreary, Keyes, Mullen
S: Mathieu, Thornhill, Trahan, Thompson

K: Butker
P: Townsend
LS: Winchester
[Reply]
Hoover 10:06 AM 06-21-2021
LDT is a FA after this season.

Redo!
[Reply]
Hoover 10:12 AM 06-21-2021
Couple thoughts.

1. The Chad Henne thing needs to come to an end. He's old. I know Andy loves these old backups, but I'd love to go younger and even cheaper at that position. Chiefs are all in with Mahomes, so its Mahomes or bust. And with our improved offensive line, we could just mash the ball down the field.

2. I get that we need to address the DE spot, but WR is just as big of need IMO, and that needs to be addressed in the draft.

3. For once I'm fine with no fatties being drafted.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:13 AM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
LDT is a FA after this season.

Redo!
Which is why we get him from an incompetent franchise for a former high round draft pick who hasn't lived up to expectations. Feels Veach-y.

I don't know what the cap implications are, but I'm getting the feeling that LDT isn't starting for us this year with the Tre Smith buzz.
[Reply]
Direckshun 10:14 AM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Couple thoughts.

1. The Chad Henne thing needs to come to an end. He's old. I know Andy loves these old backups, but I'd love to go younger and even cheaper at that position. Chiefs are all in with Mahomes, so its Mahomes or bust. And with our improved offensive line, we could just mash the ball down the field.

2. I get that we need to address the DE spot, but WR is just as big of need IMO, and that needs to be addressed in the draft.

3. For once I'm fine with no fatties being drafted.
I do agree with you on 1 and 3, I just don't care enough to research a ton of backup QBs at this point. Hennes fine for a stopgap.

As far as 2, I'm actually higher on Mecole Hardman than most.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:54 AM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
Which is why we get him from an incompetent franchise for a former high round draft pick who hasn't lived up to expectations. Feels Veach-y.

I don't know what the cap implications are, but I'm getting the feeling that LDT isn't starting for us this year with the Tre Smith buzz.
Wait what?

You traded away LDT when he’s a FA and your response is that’s why we got him from an incompetent franchise?
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:48 PM 06-21-2021
Eric Bienemy is never going to be a HC in this league. That ship has sailed.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:50 PM 06-21-2021
FYI, LDT would actually cost us money to trade and he has a no-trade clause as well.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:18 PM 06-21-2021
Wow, I'm absolutely shocked that Reid and Veach will be retained after this season.

Who saw that coming?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:19 PM 06-21-2021
Why and how could the Chiefs "Tender" Jody Fortson when he's never spent a moment on the 53?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:20 PM 06-21-2021
Every year, you fucking cut Dan Sorensen and every year, he makes spectacular plays that help the Chiefs win.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:22 PM 06-21-2021
Why would the Chiefs sign 30 year old Kyle Fuller when their M.O. has always been to draft and sign younger cornerbacks?

Hell, Breeland was a critical component to reaching the Super Bowl for the past two seasons and the Chiefs allowed him to walk at age 29 this season.
[Reply]
Hoover 04:04 PM 06-21-2021
And we resign Remmers and Niemann?

I'd just start over.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:02 PM 06-21-2021
I mock this mock.
[Reply]
kccrow 12:22 AM 06-22-2021

via GIPHY

[Reply]
Page 1 of 3