ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 14
< 123 456713 > Last »
Patteeu Memorial Political Forum>Covid cases fall sharply in U.S
petegz28 07:59 AM 05-03-2021
Covid cases fall sharply in U.S., Gottlieb calls vaccination campaign ‘monumental achievement’

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/02/covi...hievement.html

As of Saturday, the 7-day average of daily new cases fell to under 50,000, down 17% from a week prior.

Hospitalizations and deaths from the disease are also falling. Former FDA commissioner Scott Gottlieb said a precipitous drop in new Covid-19 cases was likely to continue, predicting a “relatively quiet summer when it comes to coronavirus spread.”

More than 100 million people in the U.S. are fully vaccinated against Covid-19, or nearly a third of the population.

The physician credited the mass vaccination campaign that got underway under President Donald Trump and has been continued under President Joe Biden for the country’s ability to rein in the spread of the disease.
[Reply]
Donger 10:34 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by SuperBowl4:
still trusting those PCR tats I see
What did you use to determine that cases dropped when it got warm last year?
[Reply]
Pennywise 10:39 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Donger:
I find it weird that the vax/mask rah rahers have no problem or concern with illegals pouring into the country COVID positive.

I bet you haven't made one peep about that hypocrisy.
[Reply]
Pawnmower 10:39 AM 05-03-2021

prison bitch's nurse told him
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 10:39 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
my father in-law got those jabs you love and had all kinds of heart problems just weeks after getting them. Racing heartbeat. Doctors couldn’t figure out what was up. In and out of the hospital until he passed away in a hospital from heart failure. Did the jabs cause it? Who knows? Maybe? Maybe not? But he did have numerous heart issues within weeks of those jabs. And that’s a FACT. Any recent news about Wolfgang Halbig and Sandy Hook? And if so don’t post me another pic of Leney Pozner and his son ok?
[Reply]
Donger 10:40 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Pennywise:
I find it weird that the vax/mask rah rahers have no problem or concern with illegals pouring into the country COVID positive.

My position on illegal immigration hasn't altered at all.
[Reply]
Pawnmower 10:41 AM 05-03-2021

huh?

I am all for vaccination and caution but I am opposed to illegal immigration and even

a lot of "legal" immigration..even before covid. I don't know where you get the idea that these things are connected...
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 10:41 AM 05-03-2021
Herd immunity isn't achievable.
[Reply]
Pennywise 10:44 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
huh?

I am all for vaccination and caution but I am opposed to illegal immigration and even

a lot of "legal" immigration..even before covid. I don't know where you get the idea that these things are connected...
Huh meaning don't preach to me (not you) about mask and vax protocols and social distancing in my "area of" while COVID positive illegals pour into the country.
[Reply]
Donger 10:54 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
Herd immunity isn't achievable.
Of course it is. If everyone got vaccinated, it has no chance. If we get to 75% or so, the R0 will be driven below 1.

But it depends on the number of people who choose to get vaccinated, and how soon that happens before new variants crop up which the vaccines possibly don't provide any immunity.

We eradicated smallpox through vaccination.
[Reply]
HemiEd 10:54 AM 05-03-2021

I sure have!

Heck, Biden sent out an invitation to the illegals and at the same time extended unemployment for citizens so the illegals can find jobs and get settled.
[Reply]
Ninerfan11 11:30 AM 05-03-2021
is the curve finally flattened?? lol
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:31 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush:
If the virus was susceptible to warm weather, cases should've declined, but they didn't.
That's a logical fallacy if I ever saw one.

Clearly the warmer weather prevented what we saw over the winter. The July spike was pretty tame as compared to the real spike. Whether that's just because people were outside, or the virus doesn't do as well with warmer wetter air is fairly irrelevant.

As to waves, this whole thing has been one long incoming tide, not waves.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:32 AM 05-03-2021
Of course it is. If everyone got vaccinated, it has no chance. If we get to 75% or so, the R0 will be driven below 1.

But it depends on the number of people who choose to get vaccinated, and how soon that happens before new variants crop up which the vaccines possibly don't provide any immunity.

We eradicated smallpox through vaccination.
I doubt we need 75% vaccinated. People who had the virus have immunity, and strong immunity based on every single report that comes out studying how long immunity lasts after infection.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:36 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
I doubt we need 75% vaccinated. People who had the virus have immunity, and strong immunity based on every single report that comes out studying how long immunity lasts after infection.
100% vaccination and compliance with annual DRM immune system updates boosters.
[Reply]
Donger 11:37 AM 05-03-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Sorry, yes. I should have been clearer. 75%+ with vaccination and previous infection.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 14
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up