ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 167
< 123 45671353103 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Aaron Rodgers, Green Bay on the Outs?
Dante84 01:21 PM 04-29-2021

Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

More on NFL Live now....

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 29, 2021

#Packers GM Brian Gutekunst to ESPN: "As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond. Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

— NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) April 29, 2021

Originally Posted by :
Aaron Rodgers doesn't want to return to Green Bay Packers, sources say
Reigning MVP Aaron Rodgers is so disgruntled with the Green Bay Packers that he has told some within the organization that he does not want to return to the team, league and team sources told ESPN on Thursday.

The Packers are aware of his feelings, concerned about them and have had team president Mark Murphy, general manager Brian Gutekunst and head coach Matt LaFleur each fly out on separate trips to meet with Rodgers at various points this offseason, sources told ESPN.

"As we've stated since the season ended, we are committed to Aaron in 2021 and beyond," Gutekunst told ESPN. "Aaron has been a vital part of our success and we look forward to competing for another championship with him leading our team."

Rodgers has not budged this offseason, but neither have the Packers, who have made it known they are not interested in trading Rodgers anywhere.

The San Francisco 49ers called the Packers on Wednesday night, a source told ESPN, and the Los Angeles Rams inquired about Rodgers in January before they traded for Matthew Stafford.

The Packers quickly dismissed the Rams' overtures, the source said.

The Packers have offered to extend Rodgers' contract, sources told ESPN.

Rodgers is unhappy for a variety of reasons, with some of it dating back to last year's draft when the Packers didn't inform him before trading up to draft a quarterback with their first-round pick. Some took this as a sign that his days in Green Bay could he numbered.

He also is at a different point in his personal life, having recently gotten engaged to actress Shailene Woodley. Rodgers also has hosted "Jeopardy!" and said it would be a dream to become the full-time host. He could play football and host Jeopardy! together.

Rodgers has made cryptic comments about his future in Green Bay, but he has told others that he does not want to return.

On draft night, the Packers' biggest issue isn't who they land, but whether they can keep the former NFL MVP.

Rodgers' contract contained a $6.8 million roster bonus due in March. It could have been converted into a signing bonus that would have freed up more than $4.5 million in salary-cap space for this season but instead it "vested as scheduled," a source told ESPN at the time. It's listed as an automatic conversion in Rodgers' contract but even that has to be signed off on by both parties. It's not known if the Packers tried to convert and Rodgers refused to sign off on it, or if they did not attempt a conversion.

[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:41 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
If I’m the Broncos I’m calling yesterday. I’d offer 4 first rd picks for the guy
:-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:42 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Jim Jones:
I dunno. They have a top 3 WR, top 5-7 RB, top 3 offensive line. There's not many better available situations he's going to leave GB and walk into.
The 49ers.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 01:43 PM 04-29-2021
could be a crazy first round draft night
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 01:44 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Jim Jones:
I dunno. They have a top 3 WR, top 5-7 RB, top 3 offensive line. There's not many better available situations he's going to leave GB and walk into.
Green Bay's defense sucks and there are plenty of teams with more skill position weapons than the Packers.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 01:44 PM 04-29-2021
I want no part of this ass hat in the AFC.
[Reply]
SupDock 01:46 PM 04-29-2021

.@AdamSchefter says Packers GM, coach and CEO Mark Murphy have flown out multiple times to meet with Aaron Rodgers and convince him to come back and Rodgers "has not budged" on his stance.

— Will Brinson (@WillBrinson) April 29, 2021

Would be wild if he wasn't a Packer next year
[Reply]
mkp785 01:47 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Their entire off-season last year was like a giant middle finger telling Rodgers to **** off.

It blows my mind how teams can piss on franchise players then wonder why they sucks for a decade after.
This. How do they let their pro bowl C just walk to LAC? Drafting Jordan Love was insanely stupid. They could've had Justin Jefferson and instead TRADE UP and draft the guy's replacement? LOL

I don't blame him at all. He should've forced this quicker though. Make this desire public back in Feb. and he might be in San Fran or Miami right now. IDK if they can get anything done this late in the off-season.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:48 PM 04-29-2021
Think the Patriots would make a run at him?
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 01:49 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
He's annoyed that he's 37 and playing at an MVP level while his team is busy not signing any FAs and drafting guys that will never play.

This board would meltdown if Mahomes was 37 and playing that well and the team have him no help.
This is EXACTLY right.
[Reply]
Skyy God 01:50 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
Think the Patriots would make a run at him?
Yeah.

It’s a BB move.

Worse offense than the Pack but better D.
[Reply]
Sorry 01:52 PM 04-29-2021
Originally Posted by Cave Johnson:
Yeah.

It’s a BB move.

Worse offense than the Pack but better D.
They have way better offensive players that fit BB style of offense compared to last year.Aaron would go afc championship for sure with that squad
[Reply]
cmh6476 01:52 PM 04-29-2021
He's going to end up with the donks before his career is done
[Reply]
BleedingRed 01:53 PM 04-29-2021
I think there is a chance he is going to be traded to the 49er's before tonight
[Reply]
Ebolapox 01:54 PM 04-29-2021
be amusing if he ends up a 49er, as they famously picked alex smith over him and caused the slide back in his draft.
[Reply]
Dante84 01:54 PM 04-29-2021
MEANWHILE.....

Me ✌�� https://t.co/EkAGYqBZsO

— Patrick Mahomes II (@PatrickMahomes) April 29, 2021

[Reply]
Page 3 of 167
< 123 45671353103 > Last »
Up