ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 47 of 138
« First < 374344454647 484950515797 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL 2021 NFL Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 02:28 PM 03-14-2021
Tampering period ends tomorrow. Post all the signings in here.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 08:36 AM 03-19-2021
I think we are going into the season with a rookie LT, maybe he doesnt start at first. But I believe he will end up there.
[Reply]
Dull Tools 08:37 AM 03-19-2021
If we aren't going to get a LT can we at least get a decent WR2 to help in the catching game or a genuine TE2 who can catch and block?
[Reply]
JakeF 08:41 AM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by Dull Tools:
If we aren't going to get a LT can we at least get a decent WR2 to help in the catching game or a genuine TE2 who can catch and block?
WR Samuels and TE Hunter are gone, 2 guys who could be legit #2s

we are waiting too long for backup Tightend too unless we draft one
[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:44 AM 03-19-2021
As it is now LT, DE, and WR are all major weaknesses. We'll obviously address each of them, the question is how well. I have no doubt that if they don't get a LT in free agency they'll trade for one or get one in the first, just hope they're ready to protect Mahomes' blindside.

My more pressing concern is WR. We haven't heard an ounce of interest with anyone at the position and available players are slowly starting to be picked up. If you're going to wait until the draft for a tackle then at least get a starting option at WR so that isn't as pressing of a need.

And our defensive line as it currently stands really isn't much better than the offensive line. Our main focus in the Super Bowl was on the OL getting Mahomes killed, rightfully so, but let's not forget that after the first drive or two our DL was getting gashed against the run and couldn't touch Brady. We're all aware that DE across from Clark is a huge weakness. We've signed Taco which is a good start, but I don't think you can count on him starting. If our focus in the draft is at tackle that lessens the chances of getting a premium DE.

I know we'll do something, would just really like to know what that something is.
[Reply]
Bl00dyBizkitz 08:44 AM 03-19-2021
VEACH FUCKED UP ALL HOPE IS LOST!!!!
[Reply]
BossChief 08:47 AM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Trade for a LT if you must. Not Brown though.
Why are we so opposed to trading for Brown?
[Reply]
thabear04 08:47 AM 03-19-2021

The Ravens have reached out to inquire about free-agent WR Kenny Golladay, per @adamschefter.

The Ravens contacted Golladay’s agent, Todd France, to express their interest. https://t.co/At8jYZh1ZK

— ProFootballChase™️ (@pfootballchase) March 19, 2021

[Reply]
In58men 08:52 AM 03-19-2021
Hearing Watkins might be headed back to Buffalo.
[Reply]
MahomesKnows 08:53 AM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by thabear04:
You'd think they'd want someone to throw it to him first?
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:54 AM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesKnows:
You'd think they'd want someone to throw it to him first?
Golladay would be built for their offense. He lives off of 50/50 deep balls.
[Reply]
Dull Tools 08:56 AM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
As it is now LT, DE, and WR are all major weaknesses. We'll obviously address each of them, the question is how well. I have no doubt that if they don't get a LT in free agency they'll trade for one or get one in the first, just hope they're ready to protect Mahomes' blindside.

My more pressing concern is WR. We haven't heard an ounce of interest with anyone at the position and available players are slowly starting to be picked up. If you're going to wait until the draft for a tackle then at least get a starting option at WR so that isn't as pressing of a need.

And our defensive line as it currently stands really isn't much better than the offensive line. Our main focus in the Super Bowl was on the OL getting Mahomes killed, rightfully so, but let's not forget that after the first drive or two our DL was getting gashed against the run and couldn't touch Brady. We're all aware that DE across from Clark is a huge weakness. We've signed Taco which is a good start, but I don't think you can count on him starting. If our focus in the draft is at tackle that lessens the chances of getting a premium DE.

I know we'll do something, would just really like to know what that something is.
The only interest which I have heard about is Ertz which I am keen on. There are still a lot of good players out there.

A random thought I had earlier. OBJ seemed pissed off on twitter earlier. Nick Wright said earlier in the year that he wanted to come and ring chase with the Chiefs. Wonder if that is an option? Should we even be interested?
[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:56 AM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Why are we so opposed to trading for Brown?
Seems like he held up fine in Baltimore's run first offense, not so sure how he'd do at left tackle in our passing offense.
[Reply]
RunKC 08:57 AM 03-19-2021
Veach is in a good spot and the reason he’s in a good spot is because of coincidence. This is the best OL draft in history. there is a shit ton of good tackles and IOL this year. It’s really nuts. That’s probably why Veach let both tackles go.

This was from the draft forum. This is the 6th ranked OT and 7th OL overall.

Here is Walker Little's Pro Day results:

OT Walker Little
ht: 6073
wt: 313
hand: 10 1/8
arm: 33 3/4
wingspan: 81 3/4
forty: 5.29/5.35 (1.82/1.83)
vertical: 29.5
Broad: 9-3 (111")
ss: 4.58
3cone: 7.43
bench: 24x

Here is the best/highest paid OT in the NFL's combine pic.twitter.com/xeOoPZWq5O

— Matt Lane (@ChiefinCarolina) March 19, 2021

And here’s another hint. Veach signing Thuney was probably in part due to how smart he was but also how much easier he makes life for LT’s. This is pretty eye opening to see this stuff.

Two of the best things I've ever read/found about Joe Thuney were stored away in a year-old column from @MattVerderame (must follow). Check this #Chiefs fans (He's right on *both* tackles, btw): pic.twitter.com/4K51RcBSc5

— Matt Conner (@MattConnerAA) March 19, 2021

Don’t forget that Thuney was coached by Dante Scarnecchia who is one of the best OL coaches in history.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 08:59 AM 03-19-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Golladay would be built for their offense. He lives off of 50/50 deep balls.
But how many times will he get 50-50 opportunities when Lamar only throws it about five times a game? :-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:09 AM 03-19-2021

And now, with prices coming down, some teams that weren't going to pursue certain guys are starting to kick the tires. Interesting dynamic there.

I'd expect some 1-year, prove-it deals that'll allow wideouts another crack at the market in 2022. https://t.co/rMBi7vvN75

— Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) March 19, 2021

[Reply]
Page 47 of 138
« First < 374344454647 484950515797 > Last »
Up