ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 101 of 138
« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105111 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL 2021 NFL Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 02:28 PM 03-14-2021
Tampering period ends tomorrow. Post all the signings in here.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:51 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
It took a first and a third, plus another first to move from 27 to 10.

So if you’re looking at getting up in the 12-15 range....it’s probably around that....if not more.
It will be more than that because this time our move is OBVIOUS. A team like the Chargers isn't going to sit there and let us trade in front of them.
[Reply]
O.city 09:54 AM 03-25-2021
They've boxed themselves in at LT and I'm not really sure what their way out will be.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09:59 AM 03-25-2021
What the hell is a four year qualifying contract

Daniel Sorenson (Chiefs) one year, $2.462M, $137,500 signing bonus, salary $2.325M (gtd) four-year qualifying contract

— Aaron Wilson (@AaronWilson_NFL) March 25, 2021

[Reply]
Hoover 09:59 AM 03-25-2021
Boxing themselves in would be believing that they were OK with Allegretti and LDT at guard, then striking out at LT in free agency.

The investment in each guard position tells me they didn't box themselves in, the best thing for a rookie tackle, is a stud guard next to them. I also think after the draft you could see them give a deal to a guy like Fisher if they are concerned about a rookie on the line.

I'm not one bit concerned about where we are at. If we didn't have Thuney I'd be freaking out.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:01 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
This is absolute BS.

Eric Fisher was the #1 overall pick and didn't last a "decade" here.

The whole "decade or more" line is complete bullshit.
Andy Reids history doesn’t agree with you.

He had 2 left tackles his whole time in Philly and has had 2 (including Albert) his time in KC. If it weren’t for the Achilles year, Fisher would still be here negotiating an extension.

Nobody drafts a left tackle with intention to let him walk after his rookie deal expires. First round left tackles are almost always looked at as 10 year fixes.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:02 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:

Iirc 1.5 of it doesn’t count toward the cap
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 10:07 AM 03-25-2021
Veach still doing Gods work when it comes to the cap space
[Reply]
BossChief 10:10 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
We don't have enough picks to get there.

We might be able to get CLOSE to Slater or Darrisaw but it's going to be mega-expensive.

Our best bet is the low 20's and a guy like Sam Cosmi.

Otherwise, we're likely stuck a 31.

Every team in the NFL knows we need a LT. We're going to get fucked hard.
You’re being dramatic.

We have chosen exactly where we are at this point. If Veach was desperate in any way we would have signed a guy like Okung or Villanueva by now...or made an offer to Reiff.

Missing out on signing a guy like Silverback is disappointing, but there are still many ways to upgrade the LT spot without “getting fucked”.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:14 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Little, Radunz, or Brown all have more upside, I agree.

Eichenberg is probably most ready to go right away, but is probably just a solid player.

My preference would be to sign a stop-gap and go for the guy you like with the most potential. I could see arguments for any of those 3.
I’ve learned that guys like Eric Fisher and Garrett Bolles who have excellent athleticism aren’t going to be necessarily the best option.

I want size, smarts and technique first and foremost. If a guy isn’t the most athletic then I can understand it. Guys like Fisher and Bolles had poor technique and it killed them for years.

Meanwhile a guy like Schwartz who wasn’t the most athletic guy had adequate technique but learned from Joe Thomas and became a fucking savant there.

God watching Schwartz shut down Von Miller time and time again was just a thing of beauty. And Von was so much faster then Mitch but it just didn’t matter bc Mitch had elite technique. He mastered hand placement, leverage and stance. He was so smart and recognized moves and just out maneuvered those guys.

Get me the best tackle with technique that’s available and have them go to Mitch’s house all summer
[Reply]
O.city 10:22 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Boxing themselves in would be believing that they were OK with Allegretti and LDT at guard, then striking out at LT in free agency.

The investment in each guard position tells me they didn't box themselves in, the best thing for a rookie tackle, is a stud guard next to them. I also think after the draft you could see them give a deal to a guy like Fisher if they are concerned about a rookie on the line.

I'm not one bit concerned about where we are at. If we didn't have Thuney I'd be freaking out.
They're pretty much either going to have to trade up for a LT or sit and take one at 31.
[Reply]
O.city 10:23 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
I’ve learned that guys like Eric Fisher and Garrett Bolles who have excellent athleticism aren’t going to be necessarily the best option.

I want size, smarts and technique first and foremost. If a guy isn’t the most athletic then I can understand it. Guys like Fisher and Bolles had poor technique and it killed them for years.

Meanwhile a guy like Schwartz who wasn’t the most athletic guy had adequate technique but learned from Joe Thomas and became a ****ing savant there.

God watching Schwartz shut down Von Miller time and time again was just a thing of beauty. And Von was so much faster then Mitch but it just didn’t matter bc Mitch had elite technique. He mastered hand placement, leverage and stance. He was so smart and recognized moves and just out maneuvered those guys.

Get me the best tackle with technique that’s available and have them go to Mitch’s house all summer
Eh, you've gotta have a baseline of athleticism to be able to block the freaks that are the DE's in today's NFL.

Mitch is the outlier.
[Reply]
Hoover 10:51 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
They're pretty much either going to have to trade up for a LT or sit and take one at 31.
Yup.

I don't think that's boxed in.

That's two options. The only people who feel boxed in are those on this BB are those who feel adamant that we draft a Edge guy at 31. I would prefer using our first round pick on a playmaker, but missing out on Williams (which may be a blessing) and not going after a guy like Reiff (which many of the same people agreed with) has us looking at OT in round one.

It's not a bad place to be when you have pick 31. It not like we have to blow a top 15 pick on a linemen.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:54 AM 03-25-2021
They've boxed themselves in at LT and I'm not really sure what their way out will be.
Unless they think Niang is a LT
[Reply]
thabear04 10:58 AM 03-25-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:

This is what I found.

https://overthecap.com/collective-ba...nt/article/27/

Spoiler!

[Reply]
-King- 11:01 AM 03-25-2021
Those first rounders are so valuable we took a running back with one last year......fuck Oh well.

:-)
[Reply]
Page 101 of 138
« First < 5191979899100101 102103104105111 > Last »
Up