ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 55
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How friggin Cold are you?
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:54 PM 02-13-2021
Here in the Texas panhandle 6 degrees all day. Headed for -7 to -10 by Monday.

6-12 inches snow tomorrow/Monday

had to call every tenant to make sure they keep water running or they'll be SOL for a week.

THANK GOD I don't have to deal with the Hog farm any more. I feel for the livestock producers. They earn their money in a big way!

Those bastard on the border trying to check in are fucked in their short sleeve shirts. LOL
[Reply]
philfree 12:11 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
You're not equipped with the requisite knowledge to discuss climate science.

It sucks, but climate science got politicized in this country due to special interests and is inherently political at this point. I would say it's not the best idea to even bring it up.

I'm sorry my post came off as a lecture to you.
Oh
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:11 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Had to run an errand yesterday and driving through the city is pure aids right now. Buses can't make it to the curb due to the mountains of snow so they're stopping in the middle of streets to let people on/off, same with UPS/FedEx and every other delivery vehicle.

And despite me digging my trash bins out of a 1000 lbs of snow, the city hasn't come by in 2 weeks for pick up because the alley behind us looks like some off the grid Alaska shit. Fingers crossed they pick up today :-)
Yeah, the last time we got a big snow, they didn't come get our trash. So I called the county, and they were whining because they didn't get down the alley. Fine I said, I have a tractor, I'll clean it.

OH NO you can't do that only the city can do that. You'll be in serious trouble if they catch you doing it.

So I did it anyway. And it was still another couple weeks before they got there. So anytime there is any drifting to speak of back there I bring the tractor to town and get it clean LONG before trash day.

Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
have not heard what this could do to citrus crops etc in texas. I know not good.

The other thing happening here is car jackings and thefts. People let their cars run with the keys in it. Assholes take them. This happens every year but is up 300% because minneapolis is a shit hole.

We are being told to watch for others even if you are just getting in and out of your car. A week ago, someone had a car jacked with a kid in the back of it. Luckily both were found and the kid was ok. Not as cold then, but cold enough.
People suck.

Originally Posted by notorious:
-31 wind chill.

Our house well is 6' deep, and it froze last night. Currently have a space heater cooking the fucker to thaw it.

Parents lived out here for damn near 50 years and never had it happen.
Damn it wasn't even that windy. That shit happened to me in Sidney. -11 and 40 MPH wind and my ass is going to walmart for extension cords and heaters. FML

And that was when I was too poor to have good cold gear.

Originally Posted by notorious:
-2 in Tulsa?

:-)

I bet they are losing their shit.
My brother works for Oneok and they bought him a hotel room so he could be available to move snow. I think it's fair to say they're losing their shit.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:11 PM 02-15-2021
Damn it’s the whole country
Attached: 779348F0-4218-4636-82AA-77FE83F151DF.jpg (85.6 KB) 
[Reply]
2112 12:13 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Thank goodness your pet flamingos and 6 cylinder mustang will be safe.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 12:13 PM 02-15-2021
frozen pipes happening here too. seeing on FB and nextdoor

older homes. exposed pipes on not well insulated houses.

we get this every few years.
[Reply]
Bearcat 12:17 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Looks like Florida is back at the top of my list.
I personally couldn't handle the humidity (or mosquitoes), even before moving out here and acclimating to the complete lack of humidity.

I've been there in the middle of the summer and it was predictably awful. I've also been there at the end of October and it was still in the 80s and humid. I spent time in Atlanta one spring and it would be ~50-60 degrees in the morning and I'd still feel like I needed a shower after walking several blocks to work, because the humidity was so bad.

I'm sure mileage varies, but with the times I've been there, it's like the pleasant time is all of like 3-4 months, and I could say just as much about KC.

And I'd live in Phoenix and deal with the 110+ for a few months every year.... I like the heat, just not being suffocated by humidity.

I'd rather live in KC and many other places before living in the southeast.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:17 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by 2112:
Thank goodness your pet flamingos and 6 cylinder mustang will be safe.
Wait, what? You accusing me of being white trash?:-)
[Reply]
Bob Dole 12:19 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
My in-laws live in Texas and I legit worried about them this morning.
This is definitely weird weather for TX. I’ve got 7” of snow and it’s 13.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:20 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I personally couldn't handle the humidity (or mosquitoes), even before moving out here and acclimating to the complete lack of humidity.

I've been there in the middle of the summer and it was predictably awful. I've also been there at the end of October and it was still in the 80s and humid. I spent time in Atlanta one spring and it would be ~50-60 degrees in the morning and I'd still feel like I needed a shower after walking several blocks to work, because the humidity was so bad.

I'm sure mileage varies, but with the times I've been there, it's like the pleasant time is all of like 3-4 months, and I could say just as much about KC.

And I'd live in Phoenix and deal with the 110+ for a few months every year.... I like the heat, just not being suffocated by humidity.

Arizona is still on my wish list.

We've been looking at the Houston, Tampa, and Phoenix areas. As well as Raleigh NC because it's close to my job.

I just know I need to get the fuck out of here.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:20 PM 02-15-2021
Florida is like how ya like me NOW!

[Reply]
2112 12:21 PM 02-15-2021

I’ve been in Vegas when it was 118 degrees lol unbearable. You don’t sweat because it crystallizes on your skin. I thought my sneakers were gonna melt on the concrete. When it’s 100 degrees or less it’s actually comfortable and not that bad.

If I’m in florida in the summer it’s disgusting, non stop sweating. I only go in the winter time nowadays.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 12:22 PM 02-15-2021

this is payback right now for the 5.5 months of what feels like 115 degrees oppressive summers. We get to be in the mid 70’s- mid 80’s for about 3 months when everyone else in the country is dealing with fridged cold, snow ice etc.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:26 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by 2112:
I’ve been in Vegas when it was 118 degrees lol unbearable. You don’t sweat because it crystallizes on your skin. I thought my sneakers were gonna melt on the concrete. When it’s 100 degrees or less it’s actually comfortable and not that bad.

If I’m in florida in the summer it’s disgusting, non stop sweating. I only go in the winter time nowadays.
I left a keyboard in my rental car one time in Vegas. It melted all over the dashboard. Insane shit at 120 degrees.
[Reply]
2112 12:26 PM 02-15-2021
Wait, what? You accusing me of being white trash?:-)
Red Trash J/K :-)
[Reply]
displacedinMN 12:32 PM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I left a keyboard in my rental car one time in Vegas. It melted all over the dashboard. Insane shit at 120 degrees.
more like 150+ in your car
[Reply]
Page 21 of 55
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Up