ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 55
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>How friggin Cold are you?
Hog's Gone Fishin 04:54 PM 02-13-2021
Here in the Texas panhandle 6 degrees all day. Headed for -7 to -10 by Monday.

6-12 inches snow tomorrow/Monday

had to call every tenant to make sure they keep water running or they'll be SOL for a week.

THANK GOD I don't have to deal with the Hog farm any more. I feel for the livestock producers. They earn their money in a big way!

Those bastard on the border trying to check in are fucked in their short sleeve shirts. LOL
[Reply]
ptlyon 09:09 AM 02-15-2021
I guess I should clarify. I wrote that too quickly.

Not power outages, but brown outs. But still, that would suck.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:11 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Bwana:
Yeah the Boosting thing has even picked up a lot in Billings. Someone will go start up their vehicle to warm it up and some slippey Larry will come along, jump in and take off. When I do that at home, I stick my German Shepherd in the rig. Zero chance of anyone getting in there and taking off with that dog in there.
I had a truck driver delivering liquid Fat years ago and he had a little yapping shit dog in his cab. While he was unloading the little shit dog was standing on the door arm rest . The little shit dog actually locked the door and rolled the window up and the driver had to clothes hangar back in.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:12 AM 02-15-2021
fill a balloon with water. set it outside. let it freeze. then take off the balloon. It is now an ice ball. I have seen people that put lights in them.

https://www.wintercraft.com/

this is an opportunity for creativity
[Reply]
BWillie 09:12 AM 02-15-2021
I'm a big fan of global warming. Not to eliminate days like this though. I like these days. Gives me an excuse to be a lazy bag of shit. But we are at about 900' to 1100' above sea level. Melt those ice caps drowning the coastal land and we could really increase the cost of our Midwestern Land due to scarcity.
[Reply]
notorious 09:13 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
fill a balloon with water. set it outside. let it freeze. then take off the balloon. It is now an ice ball. I have seen people that put lights in them.

https://www.wintercraft.com/

this is an opportunity for creativity
They can fill a cock-shaped balloon, freeze it, peel it, and shove it up their ass sideways.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:14 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I'm a big fan of global warming. Not to eliminate days like this though. I like these days. Gives me an excuse to be a lazy bag of shit. But we are at about 900' to 1100' above sea level. Melt those ice caps drowning the coastal land and we could really increase the cost of our Midwestern Land due to scarcity.
But they will tell you these days are more possible with global warming

WTF?
[Reply]
philfree 09:14 AM 02-15-2021
Living in Springfield I actually received a phone call from C.U. asking for people to conserve energy the next couple days.

What ever happened to global warming? Sunspots must be moving to the wrong side of the sun.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:14 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
They can fill a cock-shaped balloon, freeze it, peel it, and shove it up their ass sideways.
:-)

-12 here
[Reply]
philfree 09:22 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
:-)

-12 here
You're in the Texas panhandle? Isn't there a bunch of wind turbines around there? I bet they're not much good when they're frozen up.

-4 in Springfield with the wind chill at -23.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:24 AM 02-15-2021
https://www.startribune.com/embrace-...ern/600018132/
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:24 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
I have friends in marble falls, TX. Right now they've gotten 6 inches of snow along with freezing rain and it's 7 degrees. They are also doing rolling power outages to conserve energy. Sometimes it ain't all it's cracked up to be.
It's that time of year everyone else gets to say... go fuck yourself, Florida. :-)

[Reply]
Hoover 09:24 AM 02-15-2021
Odd question, but thought I'd post it here.

I live in a ranch home, with an attached 3 car garage. Thing holds temperature pretty damn well under normal winter conditions, but in long cold spells it gets cold. I have a couple thermometers out there, the on on the floor read 27.1 degrees this morning, the other one in on a wall that read 34.

I have a sink in the garage, and I have it dripping, but wondered if I might need to start running a little electric heater out there at night to prevent a problem. Water is located on an inside wall.

Thanks
[Reply]
Bwana 09:27 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Odd question, but thought I'd post it here.

I live in a ranch home, with an attached 3 car garage. Thing holds temperature pretty damn well under normal winter conditions, but in long cold spells it gets cold. I have a couple thermometers out there, the on on the floor read 27.1 degrees this morning, the other one in on a wall that read 34.

I have a sink in the garage, and I have it dripping, but wondered if I might need to start running a little electric heater out there at night to prevent a problem. Water is located on an inside wall.

Thanks

I would, but keep it away from anything combustible, or a frozen pipe will be the least of your problems.
[Reply]
stevieray 09:31 AM 02-15-2021
water down to a trickle .

coldest morning yet.
[Reply]
notorious 09:36 AM 02-15-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
water down to a trickle .

coldest morning yet.
Same experience here. Went from a trickle to nothing.

We are back up and running now, space heater + blowtorch = Notorious's family has water again.
[Reply]
Page 18 of 55
« First < 81415161718 1920212228 > Last »
Up