ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Media Center>Wheel Of Time - Amazon
cookster50 06:36 PM 11-01-2021
Anyone else excited for this? November 19 begins season one.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:49 PM 12-11-2021
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
I dont mind the who is the dragon plotline.

The books make it clear all of them are required to defeat the dark one. Jordan did a great job of illustrating the dragon cannot be everywhere at once and will require the help of the whole group.

If the show enhances that aspect of the story by getting the audience invested in each character through "is that person the dragon" storytelling, I like it.

Of course, the lines of dialogue in episode 6 about a multi headed dragon... it wouldnt surprise me if the show went that direction. That would be... bold. Not sure if I'd agree there.

I'm glad the speed up the dagger plotline. Mat is a great character once he got past the dagger. I do agree it felt s bit too rushed though. And they better show what happens to that dagger now.
I just can't imagine they'd do that. They're simplifying plotlines from the books, but not fundamentally changing how the story is constructed.
[Reply]
hometeam 06:00 PM 12-11-2021
To be fair, the books do mention that Moraine and Siuan Sanche where 'pillow friends'.

Certainly the producers want to be as woke as possible so there is no skipping over that, but I am ok with it in this case, as its part of the 'canon' so to speak.

The last two episodes where quality IMO, and the show is heading in a good direction overall.

One thing that I keep thinking is that the chick playing Moraine has to have a botox content of about 90 percent in her face, she is so stone faced at all times. I mean I get that's part of the character but seriously, not a wrinkle, not a line, not any emotion of 'realness' to her face. That shit is creepy and certainly not natural~
[Reply]
BlackOp 03:42 AM 12-12-2021
The recent episode was a whole lot of meh...I'm not liking the acting/casting and other than the sick one...they are all forgettable. The leading is woman decent...

The director could have used the time allotted to the lesbo scene for developing the history of the stolen dagger.

That whole possession scenario was resolved in like 4 minutes...and seemed soap opera level. Magic woman is here...you're all good now...carry on.

Not having high hopes as the characters/dialogue arent strong...this will end up being a "if I'm bored" series. Dinklage had some great dialogue moments in GOT...I'm not seeing that happening here. It just feels unconnected...and staged.

The whole "Reds vs. Blues"...yeah, once again soap opera-level drama.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 10:19 AM 12-14-2021
R/whitecloaks has been a great spot for me to find some catharsis on just how badly they are screwing up RJ's master work.
[Reply]
Brody Wa 06:15 PM 12-14-2021
Originally Posted by Third Eye:
Haha, that was a truly awful show. I have no doubt that Wheel of Time it will be better than that steaming pile of garbage.

I’m absolutely not a Sanderson fan, and for that matter, I didn’t even finish the Jordan penned books. It probably would have gone better if I hadn’t caught up to the books as they were being published by The Path of Daggers. I read the next two as they came out over the next 5 years and I just lost interest in continuing.
Sanderson screwed the pooch with the character Mat Cauthon…one of my favorite characters in sci-fi/fantasy literature. In my opinion, Knife of Dreams was the last good book from the series.
[Reply]
Brody Wa 06:22 PM 12-14-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
The recent episode was a whole lot of meh...I'm not liking the acting/casting and other than the sick one...they are all forgettable. The leading is woman decent...

The director could have used the time allotted to the lesbo scene for developing the history of the stolen dagger.

That whole possession scenario was resolved in like 4 minutes...and seemed soap opera level. Magic woman is here...you're all good now...carry on.

Not having high hopes as the characters/dialogue arent strong...this will end up being a "if I'm bored" series. Dinklage had some great dialogue moments in GOT...I'm not seeing that happening here. It just feels unconnected...and staged.

The whole "Reds vs. Blues"...yeah, once again soap opera-level drama.
I agree completely. Lan should have been played by The Rock or Arnold Schwarzenegger, not by a toothpick who can’t bust a grape with a sledgehammer.
[Reply]
BlackOp 01:32 AM 12-17-2021
Originally Posted by Brody Wa:
I agree completely. Lan should have been played by The Rock or Arnold Schwarzenegger, not by a toothpick who can’t bust a grape with a sledgehammer.
The sad thing is..I dont even know which one is Lan...Andre the Giant might be cool...maybe Earnest Borgnine. Shit..I dont even know who we are talking bout...Charles Bronson.

What's up with the make-up on that thing that's joined them in the city...the troll/giant?

I cant take it serious...it's distracting in it's terribleness.
[Reply]
cookster50 10:45 AM 12-17-2021
They are really speeding up the timetable on some of these plotlines. Min is also older than expected.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:07 AM 12-17-2021
Originally Posted by cookster50:
They are really speeding up the timetable on some of these plotlines. Min is also older than expected.
To be fair, they're all about a decade older than they were in the books.

In general, I thought this was a great episode. Just like the books, season 1/book 1 is almost all about exposition, and I'm excited for next season to really start picking up the plot pace.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 05:43 AM 12-20-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
To be fair, they're all about a decade older than they were in the books.

In general, I thought this was a great episode. Just like the books, season 1/book 1 is almost all about exposition, and I'm excited for next season to really start picking up the plot pace.
You are going to be Disappointed most likely.

I absolutely HATE what they've done with Matt and Perrin. Rand may finally be rounding into shape.

I just finished listening to book 1, and they cut/changed so many things in season 1 while adding a tin of fluff that didn't add a thing to the story.

We'll see how they finish. Not a fan of them dumping the rest of the group on the way to the Eye of the World.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 05:46 AM 12-20-2021
Guess you missed hos shirt off scene. Dude is pretty buff under his robes.

Not tall enough, or big enough really though. Lan is more Dolph Lundgren in build/size by what I got out of the books.
[Reply]
Brody Wa 09:08 PM 12-20-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
The sad thing is..I dont even know which one is Lan...Andre the Giant might be cool...maybe Earnest Borgnine. Shit..I dont even know who we are talking bout...Charles Bronson.

What's up with the make-up on that thing that's joined them in the city...the troll/giant?

I cant take it serious...it's distracting in it's terribleness.
It’s a Trolloc…it’s the Wheel of Time’s version of an Ork.
[Reply]
Brody Wa 09:11 PM 12-20-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
Guess you missed hos shirt off scene. Dude is pretty buff under his robes.

Not tall enough, or big enough really though. Lan is more Dolph Lundgren in build/size by what I got out of the books.
Dolph would’ve fit in to Lan’s character great.
[Reply]
Third Eye 10:15 PM 12-20-2021
It’s a Trolloc…it’s the Wheel of Time’s version of an Ork.
I’m pretty sure he’s talking about Loial.
[Reply]
cookster50 09:31 AM 12-24-2021
I had to go look up a summary to remind myself how book one ended. It's clear the small number of episodes they have to work with is going to seriously dilute the content. I think Rafe deserves being kicked in the nuts for this show. There are glimpses of greatness but it's just not coming together well in my opinion. Too many things a non book reader would have no clue about as the show doesn't have the time to fully explain anything. For example, I laughed at Rand along Loial from explaining things worse than falling in the ways, but because the show have no indication of Loial's habit of rambling a non book reader would just ignore that. There are way too many things like that so far.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Up