ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Media Center>Wheel Of Time - Amazon
cookster50 06:36 PM 11-01-2021
Anyone else excited for this? November 19 begins season one.
[Reply]
DaFace 03:55 PM 12-05-2021
In case anyone is interested, they apparently have little animated shorts that explain some of the lore behind each episode. They're only 3-5 minutes long and are worth the watch. However, Amazon inexplicably has them hidden in the most obscure location. If you want to watch them, you have to use a PHONE OR LAPTOP (most streaming devices won't see them). Then:

1. Start an episode normally, then press pause.
2. Look for and click on X-Ray.
3. Look for Bonus Content.
4. It should be there under Origin Stories

I have no idea why they don't have them in a more obvious spot.
[Reply]
BlackOp 11:20 PM 12-05-2021
Originally Posted by hometeam:
gotta stay woke
Well...they have one Asian, one Indian, a couple of African Americans...the feminist Reds...and a lot of out of place forced homosexual references.

I guess that covers the "woke" demographic quota from the producers.

Did like the two black demons whispering to the false dragon on top of the castle...nice effects.

I didn't read the books...so I'm not horrified by it. I could see how fans might want to burn it to ashes though. The first episode started a bit ruff...

If you put the Hobbit, the Witcher, Harry Potter and GOT in a blender and added dashes of modern politics/woke propaganda...you have this. It's entertaining escapism...the effects are decent.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:00 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
Well...they have one Asian, one Indian, a couple of African Americans...the feminist Reds...and a lot of out of place forced homosexual references.

I guess that covers the "woke" demographic quota from the producers.
Sure, but all of those are in the books to some extent. Perhaps RJ was woke before woke was cool.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:56 AM 12-06-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
This first season is almost entirely exposition with a little plot thrown in here and there. The warder stuff is pretty clearly setting up...

Spoiler!

I didn't mind it.
Yes, and it could have been done without using half a damn episode to do so.

Honestly, so far it feels a bit like they've nerfed the warders.
[Reply]
cookster50 09:10 PM 12-09-2021
What did I just watch? Ugh. Why why why.
[Reply]
DaFace 11:10 PM 12-09-2021
Originally Posted by cookster50:
What did I just watch? Ugh. Why why why.
Referring to Moiraine and Siuan scene I assume? That definitely felt forced. Other than that I thought it was decent.
[Reply]
cookster50 06:45 AM 12-10-2021
Referring to Moiraine and Siuan scene I assume? That definitely felt forced. Other than that I thought it was decent.
That, but more so the ways being activated by channeling. Also the ease with which Mat was healed.
[Reply]
cookster50 07:48 AM 12-10-2021
Btw, great casting for Liandrin. She has a major RBF that you really just want to punch over and over again.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 09:57 AM 12-10-2021
I tried; about 20 minutes into the first episode... Not my cup of tea.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:13 AM 12-10-2021
That, but more so the ways being activated by channeling. Also the ease with which Mat was healed.
Eh, I'm trying not to get too hung up on things that are only bad because they're different from the books. I do worry that the gravity of the situation is being lost a bit when problems can be solved in about 15 seconds, though.
[Reply]
cookster50 11:03 AM 12-10-2021
Eh, I'm trying not to get too hung up on things that are only bad because they're different from the books. I do worry that the gravity of the situation is being lost a bit when problems can be solved in about 15 seconds, though.
And maybe they discover the other method of opening a waygate later, it just doesn't make sense to limit it to channelers. Otherwise the explanation for how trollocs got to two rivers undetected is gone.
[Reply]
cookster50 11:05 AM 12-10-2021
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
Yeah, first episode plodded a bit, the fourth has been my favorite so far. Maybe give it a try up through 4 before tossing it aside?
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 07:07 AM 12-11-2021
Originally Posted by crayzkirk:
Yeah, first episode plodded a bit, the fourth has been my favorite so far. Maybe give it a try up through 4 before tossing it aside?
The show gets much better after the first episode.

I know the show needs to cut out a lot to try and fit the main storyline onto the screen in a reasonable amount of time, but how they are going about it isn't making me particularly happy on many instances.

They've added things that don't really add to the story while cutting things that absolutely would. Mucking about with the Dragon's possible identity also seems ridiculous.
[Reply]
DaFace 08:35 AM 12-11-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:

They've added things that don't really add to the story while cutting things that absolutely would. Mucking about with the Dragon's possible identity also seems ridiculous.
Eh, that one seems silly but harmless to me. It's pretty clear that they decided to make the "who is it?" plotline the big story arch for season 1. I'd be floored if they don't make that reveal in the last episode.

More broadly, they're definitely making some eyebrow raising decisions, but I always knew it would be tough to do the books justice. And a show with a different take on what's important than mine is better than no show at all.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 10:42 AM 12-11-2021
I dont mind the who is the dragon plotline.

The books make it clear all of them are required to defeat the dark one. Jordan did a great job of illustrating the dragon cannot be everywhere at once and will require the help of the whole group.

If the show enhances that aspect of the story by getting the audience invested in each character through "is that person the dragon" storytelling, I like it.

Of course, the lines of dialogue in episode 6 about a multi headed dragon... it wouldnt surprise me if the show went that direction. That would be... bold. Not sure if I'd agree there.

I'm glad the speed up the dagger plotline. Mat is a great character once he got past the dagger. I do agree it felt s bit too rushed though. And they better show what happens to that dagger now.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 9
< 12345 6789 >
Up