ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Media Center>Wheel Of Time - Amazon
cookster50 06:36 PM 11-01-2021
Anyone else excited for this? November 19 begins season one.
[Reply]
allen_kcCard 08:48 PM 11-25-2021
I liked most of this one. Slow part is slow, the rest of it has some differences, but I'm good with them.
[Reply]
Stryker 09:45 PM 11-25-2021
Originally Posted by cookster50:
Anyone else excited for this? November 19 begins season one.
But it is supposed to be better than "Game of Thrones"? Ok so we all know how that ended. From CP reviews, I won't waist my time. Thanks.
[Reply]
allen_kcCard 10:04 PM 11-25-2021
Originally Posted by Stryker:
But it is supposed to be better than "Game of Thrones"? Ok so we all know how that ended. From CP reviews, I won't waist my time. Thanks.
Game of thrones ran out of source material. WOT has the entire story to utilize.

Matt and Rand's story have been spot on with the books, Perrin and Egwene too since the whole Perrin suprise. The rest have meandered a bit, but it is good and being used to explain a lot to non readers.

The part I dislike the most is tossing in the women as possibly being the dragon as well. They haven't mentioned saidin and saidar yet, so I'm wondering of they are just combing them altogether.
[Reply]
Stryker 10:26 PM 11-25-2021
Originally Posted by allen_kcCard:
Game of thrones ran out of source material. WOT has the entire story to utilize.

Matt and Rand's story have been spot on with the books, Perrin and Egwene too since the whole Perrin suprise. The rest have meandered a bit, but it is good and being used to explain a lot to non readers.

The part I dislike the most is tossing in the women as possibly being the dragon as well. They haven't mentioned saidin and saidar yet, so I'm wondering of they are just combing them altogether.
So I should watch it then? I am off tomorrow so I can get "caught up" Should I?
[Reply]
DaFace 10:34 PM 11-25-2021

Fans would flip out if they changed the identity of the Dragon. Ain't happening.
[Reply]
allen_kcCard 10:37 PM 11-25-2021
I say yes as one opinion
[Reply]
DaFace 10:38 PM 11-25-2021
It's a great story. Whether they handle it well or not remains to be seen, but the source material is in the discussion for top five fantasy series of all time.

As a long time fan, I'm coming around a bit. It's a bit rocky at first because the world is massive and they're having to cram hundreds of pages of book exposition into about an hour of screen time, but the second and third episodes slow down a little. Haven't gotten to the new episode yet.
[Reply]
allen_kcCard 10:39 PM 11-25-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Fans would flip out if they changed the identity of the Dragon. Ain't happening.
No way they can or will. I just dislike the narrative of how it could be a woman. The women have their own enormous role in this story....dragon ain't one of them in any tuning of the wheel.
[Reply]
cookster50 07:42 AM 11-26-2021
Fourth episode really good it right. Great way to get in some explanations about the different ajahs. I saw there are only 8 episodes this season so halfway there and it's enjoyable so far.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:49 AM 11-26-2021
Originally Posted by cookster50:
Fourth episode really good it right. Great way to get in some explanations about the different ajahs. I saw there are only 8 episodes this season so halfway there and it's enjoyable so far.
One thing that will be very different about this compared to GoT is that the writers for GoT had to make a ton of shit up to fill time, while the writers for WoT will have to leave a ton of shit out to fit it in. If they do it right, they'll manage to entertain people but also attract people who want to read the books for more.

Now, I don't think this will be anywhere near GoT in terms of popularity, but I do hope it does well enough in terms of viewership that they can finish it.
[Reply]
allen_kcCard 11:36 AM 11-26-2021
I think WOT is going to have to build up it's audience after season 1 is already completed. GoT was able to hook audiences with TAP (titties-a-plenty) and get the story going while HBO viewers waited to see who shook em next. WOT is going to have to hook viewers by getting them to know the characters and want to see what happens to them.

Right now it seems like they will play musical chairs of who is the dragon to do that, and by the time it is known who it is for sure, hopefully people are invested enough to get this the backing it will need to complete the story.
[Reply]
cookster50 03:09 PM 11-26-2021
I think WOT is going to have to build up it's audience after season 1 is already completed. GoT was able to hook audiences with TAP (titties-a-plenty) and get the story going while HBO viewers waited to see who shook em next. WOT is going to have to hook viewers by getting them to know the characters and want to see what happens to them.

Right now it seems like they will play musical chairs of who is the dragon to do that, and by the time it is known who it is for sure, hopefully people are invested enough to get this the backing it will need to complete the story.
My guess is the cliffhanger at end of season one will reveal who the dragon is and each episode leading up to it will feature a reason it could be each of the options. I did see a headline that the showrunner is hoping for 7 seasons I think it is which would really leave a ton of crap out, might make it better actually, speed up those later books...
[Reply]
hometeam 07:52 PM 11-26-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
One thing that will be very different about this compared to GoT is that the writers for GoT had to make a ton of shit up to fill time, while the writers for WoT will have to leave a ton of shit out to fit it in. If they do it right, they'll manage to entertain people but also attract people who want to read the books for more.

Now, I don't think this will be anywhere near GoT in terms of popularity, but I do hope it does well enough in terms of viewership that they can finish it.
They are gonna have 10-12 seasons to finish it lol.

I guess it all depends on h ow they work it, but god damn there is a lot of content in the books.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:26 AM 11-27-2021
Originally Posted by hometeam:
They are gonna have 10-12 seasons to finish it lol.

I guess it all depends on h ow they work it, but god damn there is a lot of content in the books.
I believe it's planned for 8 seasons. But yeah, they're going to have to move fast to get through it that quickly.
[Reply]
dlphg9 12:08 PM 11-27-2021

The titties were nice, but they could have not shown any and GOT would still be as popular as it was. Sucks what D&D did with it and decided they just wanted to rush through to a finish instead of taking a full season 7 and 8 to finish. They do that and it is remembered much more fondly.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up