ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Media Center>God Of War on PC - 1/14/2022
Pants 08:36 AM 10-21-2021
PC Master Race, rejoice!

I love that Sony is doing this.

We need more of their incredible exclusive to come our way.

They can have all my money.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:39 AM 01-16-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
Are you guys playing keyboard and mouse, or gamepad? That's a big question I've had. How does the port best work for gameplay?
I've been playing ganepad. I've heard people have good success going KBM, but I don't think I'd be as into it that way.
[Reply]
Pants 11:05 AM 01-25-2022
Been playing this game exclusively whenever I have some time.

What a masterpiece. I can't remember another game where exploration felt better. They just fucking nailed it.

The combat is awesome, the graphics are awesome, the story/acting are incredible, the itemization is awesome, the puzzles are easy but yet somehow satisfying. Nothing feels like a chore and everything feels just so perfectly balanced.

Just fucking incredible.
[Reply]
Otter 01:37 PM 01-28-2022
Looks pretty darn cool.
[Reply]
SuperChief 09:18 AM 02-01-2022
Originally Posted by Pants:
Been playing this game exclusively whenever I have some time.

What a masterpiece. I can't remember another game where exploration felt better. They just ****ing nailed it.

The combat is awesome, the graphics are awesome, the story/acting are incredible, the itemization is awesome, the puzzles are easy but yet somehow satisfying. Nothing feels like a chore and everything feels just so perfectly balanced.

Just ****ing incredible.
I am obsessed with this game. It's absolutely one of the best games ever made. Definitely excited for you all to beat it eventually. When you do - come back here and invest some time into these two videos. The first is a full-fledged doc about making the game. The second is an artful retelling of the major points of the game (by a truly amazing storyteller).

[Reply]
SuperChief 09:19 AM 02-01-2022
And for those looking for a completely spoiler-free review, Ralph is the best in the biz:

[Reply]
BigBeauford 09:26 AM 02-01-2022
Game is bananas. Surely one of the great games of the last 5 years based on my 6 hours with it. As someone who beat GoW 1-3, this reboot still has the flavor, but it's been hugely refined, particularly the combat. Playing on the 2nd hardest difficulty is tough.
[Reply]
Bill Brasky 12:23 PM 02-01-2022
What is everyone's favorite runic attack builds so far?
[Reply]
Pants 11:51 PM 02-01-2022
Originally Posted by Bill Brasky:
What is everyone's favorite runic attack builds so far?
Another testament to the combat in this game. It's so difficult to decide, haha.

I am using Njord's Tempest and Frost Giant's Frenzy.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Fish 01:23 AM 02-02-2022
Finally got some time to play this. You guys are right, this is a really good one. The story so far is as good as some of the best I've played. The combat took a bit to figure out. That first troll kicked my ass like 7 times straight and I almost rage quit. But once I figured out the dodge/block/attack sequence stuff, it got much easier. From the looks of it so far, this game if fuckin huge.

This looks to be a perfect game to get through the shitty cold weather over the next few weeks.

:-)
[Reply]
Pants 10:55 AM 02-12-2022
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Just beat
Spoiler!
. Mind is blown so far. Just one of those rare games that has it all. Incredible graphics, cinematic presentation, tight 3rd person action mechanics, and a classic father-son story. A true 10/10 experience thus far.
Dude, I thought you had beaten the game at that point and was like, HOW IN THE FUCK did he do it so quick. Now that I beat it, I went and looked at the spoiler and you were literally at the very beginning of the game. :-)

I just started playing New Game+ and I NEVER, EVER play a game more than once. So this is definitely a unicorn for me.

I am not sure I have it in me to go through the entire journey again but I do want to experience at least a good portion of the beginning with what I know now.

There are a lot of things easy to miss or misinterpret in this game so playing it the 2nd time actually feels pretty great right now.

I also want to see the gear progression in NG+.

What a great fucking game. I hope with the success the game has enjoyed on PC (sold more than 2 million copies on Steam alone), it doesn't take them as long to get Ragnarok out on PC.
[Reply]
Fish 11:14 AM 02-12-2022
Just don't do what I did. Take your time with the main story line. Explore more. I was buzzing through the campaign, had only been to like 3 of the other realms. Didn't realize what the actual end game was. Was only level 5, couldn't even fully upgrade my gear yet. Then boom, end credits. WTF?

That was a real bummer. Really wish I'd had a better idea, because I would have played that completely differently. At this point, it feels like the game rushed me through the main story way too quickly. I think I'll do the New Game + as well, just to see all the stuff I missed and level up for some actual awesome gear.
[Reply]
Pants 04:51 PM 02-12-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
Just don't do what I did. Take your time with the main story line. Explore more. I was buzzing through the campaign, had only been to like 3 of the other realms. Didn't realize what the actual end game was. Was only level 5, couldn't even fully upgrade my gear yet. Then boom, end credits. WTF?

That was a real bummer. Really wish I'd had a better idea, because I would have played that completely differently. At this point, it feels like the game rushed me through the main story way too quickly. I think I'll do the New Game + as well, just to see all the stuff I missed and level up for some actual awesome gear.
Yeah, I had almost 100% explored before Mimir gave me the warning to go get everything done because there was no coming back from the next step. So I finished everything up before the final step. Definitely go back and do NG+ and check out every nook and cranny because the exploration is some of the best ever and for sure responsible for at least 50% of the awesomeness of this game.

I was level 9 by the time I did the final step, just for the reference.

The enemies are level 5 when you start NG+ so you can pick up right where you left off. I am crushing everything since I'm level 9 and fighting level 5 things.

BY FAR the toughest fight in the game is during one of the exploration quests (I won't spoil it for you) and there is literally no way to get through it at level 5. At level 8, I had to attempt it more than 20 times for sure before I finally got it, man. Everything else compared to it was a joke. IDK whether it's poorly balanced or whether it was by design, but, man, that shit was frustrating.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 2
< 12
Up