ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Media Center>TRON 3 is apparently in the works for Disney
sully1983 02:11 PM 08-10-2020
Starring Jared Leto.

Apparently it won't be a continuation of TRON: Legacy though (from what I've read online but what do I know)

https://deadline.com/2020/08/garth-d...ie-1202992103/

If this actually happens, I'll definitely give it a shot but I wish Hedlund & Wilde were in this (she played the smoking hot Quorra)

TRON: Legacy came out in the height of the 3D craze back in 2010, and I LOVE and own the soundtrack to TRON Legacy. Daft Punk's soundtrack was booming when I saw it in IMAX 3D. Such a cool experience.

Here's hoping for the best.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:14 PM 08-12-2020
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare:
They'd have to go a Terminator Skynet route or an AI virus to make it work
Agreed.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:18 PM 08-12-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Agreed.

Now the real problem will be not seeming like they're ripping off The Matrix even though the Wachowski's ripped off The Tron franchise with its setup
[Reply]
BWillie 04:22 PM 08-12-2020
Jared Leto as the new lead, it could be awesome or gurgle yak sack
I looked up "gurgle yak sack" on urban dictionary. And then google. I found nothing except this thread.

Please advise the meaning of this phrase. Thank you for your assistance.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 04:24 PM 08-12-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I looked up "gurgle yak sack" on urban dictionary. And then google. I found nothing except this thread.

Please advise the meaning of this phrase. Thank you for your assistance.

Sucking of balls to the point of being so obscene beastiality
[Reply]
BWillie 04:30 PM 08-12-2020
Sucking of balls to the point of being so obscene beastiality
Ok thank you.

I'm adding this to urban dictionary now that we speak.

:-)
[Reply]
BWillie 04:31 PM 08-12-2020
When is the Matrix TV Series? That is what I'm waiting for. Would be an awesome TV series.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:11 PM 08-12-2020
One way they can change the narrative that is happening in real life is that Elon Musk created Neuralink a corporation that's attempting to create microchip implants for a cure for alzheimer's disease and other neurological issues.

The ethical issue is the possibility of enhancing intelligence, and elements of control too

Thus not really science fiction but a possible reality
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:14 AM 08-13-2020
One way they can change the narrative that is happening in real life is that Elon Musk created Neuralink a corporation that's attempting to create microchip implants for a cure for alzheimer's disease and other neurological issues.

The ethical issue is the possibility of enhancing intelligence, and elements of control too

Thus not really science fiction but a possible reality
The idea behind this is incredible. I remember the basic premise he discussed behind this as we already have a smartphone in our pockets that can give us all the information we need quickly. These implants would remove that middleman. The capital needed to overcome the resistance to this idea would be huge. It reminds me of a board game I play called Pax Transhumanity.
[Reply]
MarkDavis'Haircut 08:50 AM 01-14-2022
In my film class, the professor made us watch Tron since it was groundbreaking in terms of effects for the time period. It must have been carried by the effects because the story wasn't great.

I feel like this is one of those franchises Disney thinks should be huge but it never pans out.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:54 AM 01-14-2022
Originally Posted by Carr4MVP:
In my film class, the professor made us watch Tron since it was groundbreaking in terms of effects for the time period. It must have been carried by the effects because the story wasn't great.

I feel like this is one of those franchises Disney thinks should be huge but it never pans out.
Agree 100%. While there are moments in both movies I like, I feel both movies are mostly inert.
[Reply]
Valiant 09:12 AM 01-14-2022
I thought ready player one did a better job than tron 2 in regards to the original tron.
[Reply]
Molitoth 08:18 AM 01-17-2022
One movie in relation to TRON that has always been under-rated is "The Thirteenth Floor".

Similar type concept, that I recall was well done... but that was a long time ago. Now I want to watch it again.
[Reply]
arrowheadnation 10:44 AM 01-18-2022
I wonder if they'll try to make it align with the opening of the Tron ride in Disney World....they've only been working on it for what seems like 10 years...closer to 3 though, but still.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:24 AM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by Valiant:
I thought ready player one did a better job than tron 2 in regards to the original tron.
I thought Ready Player One was a great movie, but you could tell who made it. I'm surprised it wasn't more popular TBH.
[Reply]
Frazod 12:29 PM 01-18-2022
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
One movie in relation to TRON that has always been under-rated is "The Thirteenth Floor".

Similar type concept, that I recall was well done... but that was a long time ago. Now I want to watch it again.
Yeah, that was a cool flick with a neat twist to it. I have it in my DVD collection. Plus, Gretchen Moll is hot as hell. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up