ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3859 of 3903
« First < 2859335937593809384938553856385738583859 38603861386238633869 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
O.city 11:05 AM 01-11-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
That sucks man. We’ve all recovered thankfully. My father in law has it we think he’s not tok bad though has had 3 vaccine shots last I talked to him he was congested
Yep, father in law has it. Wife's stepmom woke up with headache and scratchy throat.

Blasting thru everyone here.
[Reply]
penguinz 02:26 PM 01-11-2022
Both kids (19 and 15) have it. Just minor cold like symptoms. Hope it stays that way. Both are vaxxed so it should stay minor.

If they somehow give it to me or the wife I am disowning them.
[Reply]
DaFace 02:53 PM 01-11-2022
I think my biggest first-world problem these days is that every time anyone feels a tickle in your throat you feel like you suddenly have to be worried about it. It gets draining.
[Reply]
TLO 01-11-2022, 02:56 PM
This message has been deleted by TLO. Reason: Not well thought out
TLO 03:02 PM 01-11-2022
I guess i don't have a problem with testing, it's just a shame we don't have more at home tests to go around. Speaking of which.

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
It's possible. CVS didn't have any home test today.
You live in St Joe right? I'll drop you by a test if you need one. I have 2 in reserve. Can put it in your mailbox or something if you want.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 03:03 PM 01-11-2022
Originally Posted by TLO:
This might be a dumb question.. but at this point, why are we even testing? If someone has symptoms, it's probably flu or omicron. Unless you are at high risk for severe disease, just assume you're positive and stay home. Stop clogging up the urgent care and ER just to get a test. They're not going to tell you to do anything other than to stay home and rest anyway.

Unless there has been a massive advance in the number of Pfizer's covid be gone pill or someone somewhere actually decided fluvoxamine was worth looking into.

I assure you the ER is plenty busy enough with actual emergencies that they don't want to see you for your scratchy throat and headache.
Testing is usually required because of employment reasons.
[Reply]
O.city 03:10 PM 01-11-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I think my biggest first-world problem these days is that every time anyone feels a tickle in your throat you feel like you suddenly have to be worried about it. It gets draining.
Not me. Not anymore.
[Reply]
TLO 03:12 PM 01-11-2022
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Testing is usually required because of employment reasons.
I get it. I ended up deleting that message. I was just ranting after talking to an nurse at our local ER who is SWAMPED with people coming in with "minor sore throats and headaches"
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 03:37 PM 01-11-2022
Our health system has a dedicated building for COVID testing. It was basically empty in December. Today there was a line out the door, down one complete end of the building, and halfway down the other bend at 8:30 AM.
[Reply]
Monticore 04:24 PM 01-11-2022
Looks like they might implement a health tax in Quebec for unvaccinated that won't go over too well.
[Reply]
TimBone 05:22 PM 01-11-2022
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Looks like they might implement a health tax in Quebec for unvaccinated that won't go over too well.
I'd be interested in hearing others' opinions on this, although I doubt that it doesn't eventually become political discourse.
[Reply]
DaFace 05:27 PM 01-11-2022
Originally Posted by TimBone:
I'd be interested in hearing others' opinions on this, although I doubt that it doesn't eventually become political discourse.
I understand the logic in it. People are making the choice to risk getting COVID but don't bear the financial responsibility if that risk ends up costing the system money to treat them.

But on the other hand, that situation is hardly unprecedented. We don't charge people extra for any number of other health risks (smoking, seat belts, and motorcycle helmets immediately come to mind). I suppose there's a caveat that life insurance does in some cases, but I don't know of any health insurer who charges extra for risky decisions.

In general, I don't think it would go over well in the U.S.
[Reply]
TimBone 07:09 PM 01-11-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
I understand the logic in it. People are making the choice to risk getting COVID but don't bear the financial responsibility if that risk ends up costing the system money to treat them.

But on the other hand, that situation is hardly unprecedented. We don't charge people extra for any number of other health risks (smoking, seat belts, and motorcycle helmets immediately come to mind). I suppose there's a caveat that life insurance does in some cases, but I don't know of any health insurer who charges extra for risky decisions.

In general, I don't think it would go over well in the U.S.
Well, hell. That's pretty much exactly where I'm at.

Although, with certain health insurance companies, don't people pay higher premiums pending the results of a physical?
[Reply]
carlos3652 07:36 PM 01-11-2022
Originally Posted by TimBone:
Well, hell. That's pretty much exactly where I'm at.

Although, with certain health insurance companies, don't people pay higher premiums pending the results of a physical?
I don’t think that’s true if you are covered by an employer. We all pay the same regardless of physical limitations.

I’m sure some employers do, and I’m sure if you have it straight with an insurance company you might have to. (Just giving my personal experience at the 3 jobs I worked at prior)
[Reply]
carlos3652 07:38 PM 01-11-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Not me. Not anymore.
Glad you and your fam got through it, same here. Vax and unvax in my family all had it. 3 shots, no shots, virus didn’t care. No hospitalizations and everyone sort of back to normal.

It doesn’t help that my 3 year old picks up different things from child care (croup, RSV in the fall, Covid, Fifth disease in the winter)

Feels like 24/7 sickness in my house lol
[Reply]
DaFace 08:05 PM 01-11-2022
Pretty good data review in the NYT today based on New York and Seattle.

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1...5l4v5krHA&s=19

The key conclusions:

Originally Posted by :
Vaccination remains highly effective at preventing severe Covid illnesses. And Omicron is milder than earlier versions of the virus. The combination means that most Americans — including children and vaccinated adults — face little personal risk from Omicron.

The risk is not zero, to be clear, even among people who are generally healthy. But it is very small. Every day, people live with small risks, be they from the seasonal flu and other illnesses or from riding in a vehicle, playing sports or other activities.

For the unvaccinated, the situation is very different. Omicron is still severe enough that it will lead to debilitating illness and death for many unvaccinated people.

[Reply]
Page 3859 of 3903
« First < 2859335937593809384938553856385738583859 38603861386238633869 > Last »
Up