ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3786 of 3903
« First < 2786328636863736377637823783378437853786 3787378837893790379638363886 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
ghak99 11:04 AM 11-15-2021
Catching up on the thread.

... it feels like I walked into a weird circle jerk.
[Reply]
TLO 11:55 AM 11-15-2021
Originally Posted by ghak99:

How far back are you catching up?
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 12:34 PM 11-15-2021
You must have COVID, that's a known side effect. You're only gonna get sicker if you fight it.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 12:36 PM 11-15-2021
I'm back at work after COVID whooped me for a week. Feel lethargic and off but I can function.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:41 PM 11-15-2021
Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan:
I'm back at work after COVID whooped me for a week. Feel lethargic and off but I can function.
Dang. I'm glad to hear that you're better.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:09 AM 11-16-2021
Pfizer agrees to let other companies make its COVID-19 pill

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/lifestyle/...f3D?li=AAgh0dA
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:28 PM 11-16-2021
Ivermectin: Much More Than You Wanted To Know

Originally Posted by :
The Summary

Ivermectin doesn’t reduce mortality in COVID a significant amount (let’s say d > 0.3) in the absence of comorbid parasites: 85-90% confidence

Parasitic worms are a significant confounder in some ivermectin studies, such that they made them get a positive result even when honest and methodologically sound: 50% confidence

Fraud and data processing errors are of similar magnitude to p-hacking and methodological problems in explaining bad studies (95% confidence interval for fraud: between >1% and 5% as important as methodological problems; 95% confidence interval for data processing errors: between 5% and 100% as important)

Probably “Trust Science” is not the right way to reach proponents of pseudoscientific medicine: ???% confidence
Scott Alexander is a clinical psychiatrist who made a name for himself with his Star Slate Codex blog. He's consistently taken unpopular sides on covid. I trust him as an unbiased observer and an expert in evaluating clinical trials.
[Reply]
carlos3652 08:20 AM 11-17-2021
I have a couple questions for those that have taken the shot.

* would you continue to take boosters if they are recommended every 6 months
* would you continue to take boosters after getting Covid?
* at what point would you stop taking boosters?

Just honest questions trying to figure out what the limit is and how long you would endure this for?

Secondarily, would you support:

* a lockdown like Austria where unvaccinated cannot leave their house unless they are doing something essential like getting food.
* a lockdown like France and Italy where you can’t go to the grocery store or any essential unless you have a vaccine passport.
* a lockdown like Israel where they consider 3 doses vaccinated and 2 doses unvaccinated to be able to get around / participate in society.
* a lockdown like Australia where they barely allow the vaccinated to do things and arrest people without masks in public or outside their 5 mile radius.

Would make a poll but id rather just discuss it with people that haven’t gotten banned from this thread lol.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 08:40 AM 11-17-2021
Yes, I'd get recommended boosters every six months.

I was going to get a booster last week but then got COVID. I'll probably wait six months to get a booster now. I assume my natural immunity will be good for at least six months.

I've been getting the flu vaccine for fifteen years or so and haven't had the flu since I started doing that. Prior to that I got it every year, i think. So I’ll likely get at least an annual booster long term.

I would not support any of the lockdown examples you provided.
[Reply]
TLO 08:46 AM 11-17-2021
Yes, I'd get recommended boosters every six months.

I was going to get a booster last week but then got COVID. I'll probably wait six months to get a booster now. I assume my natural immunity will be good for at least six months.

I've been getting the flu vaccine for fifteen years or so and haven't had the flu since I started doing that. Prior to that I got it every year, i think. So I’ll likely get at least an annual booster long term.

I would not support any of the lockdown examples you provided.
I'm pretty much in agreement here. I'll wait to see what kind of waning immunity shows up after the 3rd dose. I'm optimistic a 3rd dose might just complete the series. But realistically we'll probably need at least yearly boosters.

I'm fine with eventually getting another booster, depending on what kind of community transmission we're having or if I'm planning to travel.

I do not support any of the lockdown scenarios proposed.
[Reply]
IA_Chiefs_fan 08:49 AM 11-17-2021
How long after getting a Moderna or Pfizer booster do you realize the benefits of it? I can't seem to find that answer anywhere.
[Reply]
TLO 08:56 AM 11-17-2021
How long after getting a Moderna or Pfizer booster do you realize the benefits of it? I can't seem to find that answer anywhere.
I can't find a cut and paste answer for that either. I did read a study from Israel that seemed to suggest about a week after the booster your protection level really starts to rise.
[Reply]
O.city 09:10 AM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by carlos3652:

Just honest questions trying to figure out what the limit is and how long you would endure this for?

* a lockdown like Austria where unvaccinated cannot leave their house unless they are doing something essential like getting food.
* a lockdown like France and Italy where you can’t go to the grocery store or any essential unless you have a vaccine passport.
* a lockdown like Israel where they consider 3 doses vaccinated and 2 doses unvaccinated to be able to get around / participate in society.
* a lockdown like Australia where they barely allow the vaccinated to do things and arrest people without masks in public or outside their 5 mile radius.

Would make a poll but id rather just discuss it with people that haven’t gotten banned from this thread lol.
No, woudln't support any of those measures necessarily. Especially now with vaccines and antivirals and medications available, there's no reason to. Everyone can assume their own risk.

I think it ends up being a 3 dose vaccine, but if I had two and covid I wouldn't get a third.
[Reply]
Otter 10:06 AM 11-17-2021

Was Titty Meat there?
[Reply]
DaFace 10:19 AM 11-17-2021
Originally Posted by carlos3652:

Your premise makes a lot of assumptions about what the situation will be in the future. I generally just follow the recommendations of the CDC. They're not perfect, but they spend a ton more time on understanding all of this than any of us ever will.

So that's my answer. If the CDC recommends I get another booster, sure, I'm in. If they don't, I won't. That's about all there is to it.

I don't personally understand the "how long will you put up with it" angle. I've gotten flu shots most years in the past decade (though admittedly not every year), and this isn't really any different.
[Reply]
Page 3786 of 3903
« First < 2786328636863736377637823783378437853786 3787378837893790379638363886 > Last »
Up