ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3746 of 3903
« First < 2746324636463696373637423743374437453746 3747374837493750375637963846 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 11:14 AM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by Nirvana58:
How many freedoms do you need to lose before you think it is a problem?
Which freedoms have you lost?
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:22 AM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Every company I've seen that's requiring vaccinations for employees has an out... either have a legit medical reason, some have (IMO, bullshit) religious outs, and some will employ unvaccinated people under testing protocols.

If you're talking about walking into a private business, denying entry doesn't deny a freedom any more than "no shoes, no shirt, no service".

I personally don't like the idea of anyone stepping in to tell people to get vaccinated "or else", but I also don't like any number of other restrictions put on people that you have to deal with when you live in a society or the thought of having to find another hospital if I need an ICU bed and there are none available.

Screw your freedom to get vaccinated if you're unvaccinated, on a vent, and I'm being denied my "freedom" to healthcare.
Why are hospitals lowering capacity then?
[Reply]
Nirvana58 11:25 AM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
It was an either or thing. Not an actual mandate. Vaccination or testing.
This is wrong. All government employees or companies with government contracts have to get vaccinated. No testing and no exceptions.
[Reply]
Nirvana58 11:27 AM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Which freedoms have you lost?
If you have to ask this after a year of lock downs and now moving forward with vaccine mandates. I don't know what to tell you.
[Reply]
Bearcat 11:43 AM 09-23-2021
This is wrong. All government employees or companies with government contracts have to get vaccinated. No testing and no exceptions.
The internet seems to think that's false... the order itself says vaguely "unless exempt under law" and found this bit...

Originally Posted by :
“An agency may be required to provide a reasonable accommodation to employees who communicate to the agency that they are not vaccinated against COVID-19 because of a disability or because of a sincerely held religious belief, practice or observance,” said the guidance. “Determining whether an exception is legally required will include consideration of factors such as the basis for the claim; the nature of the employee’s job responsibilities; and the reasonably foreseeable effects on the agency’s operations, including protecting other agency employees and the public from COVID-19.”

[Reply]
Bearcat 11:44 AM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Why are hospitals lowering capacity then?
Given I'm not going to research every hospital in America to determine what you're talking about, you would need to be a bit more specific with the hospital and how the reduction of capacity doesn't make sense.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:45 AM 09-23-2021
Every company I've seen that's requiring vaccinations for employees has an out... either have a legit medical reason, some have (IMO, bullshit) religious outs, and some will employ unvaccinated people under testing protocols.

If you're talking about walking into a private business, denying entry doesn't deny a freedom any more than "no shoes, no shirt, no service".

I personally don't like the idea of anyone stepping in to tell people to get vaccinated "or else", but I also don't like any number of other restrictions put on people that you have to deal with when you live in a society or the thought of having to find another hospital if I need an ICU bed and there are none available.

Screw your freedom to get vaccinated if you're unvaccinated, on a vent, and I'm being denied my "freedom" to healthcare.

I wish to wander verdant fields and valleys, relaxing and watching clouds, and only return to society at the end of the day to eat barbecue and sleep on clean sheets in air conditioning created by people who work for me. Living in a society greatly interferes with my freedom to do that.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:51 AM 09-23-2021
Honestly, the "freedom" argument is simply invalid in the modern world. Like it or not, we all live within a very large and complicated set of rules that are necessary on a crowded planet, and if we can't live by those rules we have problems ourselves and create problems for others. The "freedom" argument about vaccines is just a false front for other motivations. If you want to fight for "freedom", stop paying your taxes and drive on the left side of the road and walk out of a restaurant without paying, and let's see how long the revolution lasts.
[Reply]
Kiimo 11:53 AM 09-23-2021
If you have to ask this after a year of lock downs and now moving forward with vaccine mandates. I don't know what to tell you.
231 million cases

4.7 million deaths

If you have to ask this after a year of lockdowns and vaccine mandates I don't know what to tell you.

People have been very tolerant and patient with you but it's been obvious for weeks now that you're shit posting.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 11:54 AM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Honestly, the "freedom" argument is simply invalid in the modern world. Like it or not, we all live within a very large and complicated set of rules that are necessary on a crowded planet, and if we can't live by those rules we have problems ourselves and create problems for others. The "freedom" argument about vaccines is just a false front for other motivations. If you want to fight for "freedom", stop paying your taxes and drive on the left side of the road and walk out of a restaurant without paying, and let's see how long the revolution lasts.
Nailed it.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 11:55 AM 09-23-2021
Given I'm not going to research every hospital in America to determine what you're talking about, you would need to be a bit more specific with the hospital and how the reduction of capacity doesn't make sense.
I don't have access to that data either.

What is curious is that we get this constant doom and gloom on hospital capacity when they are doing things like this in Massachusetts.

Shouldn't they be adding capacity in the middle of a deadly pandemic?

No, Massachusetts ICU capacity is fine & mask mandates haven't helped mitigate CoV2 spread anywhere. If it's ICU capacity you're panicked about though, maybe you could suggest that MA hospitals add back the 622 (32%) staffed ICU beds they took offline 10 months ago. https://t.co/Oh4OrnKJm3 pic.twitter.com/2tdvuHUHVN

— Don Wolt (@tlowdon) September 22, 2021

[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:55 AM 09-23-2021
What lock downs? We had a short one in Kansas, but nothing since.

Where do you live that you have lock downs right now?

Your vaccine mandate is a falsehood, or misnomer at best. The exemptions are broad and people can do testing instead.
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 11:58 AM 09-23-2021
Nice side step.
[Reply]
Monticore 11:59 AM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
What lock downs? We had a short one in Kansas, but nothing since.

Where do you live that you have lock downs right now?

Your vaccine mandate is a falsehood, or misnomer at best. The exemptions are broad and people can do testing instead.
Even in our commie hospitals the option for testing over vaccines is available.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:00 PM 09-23-2021
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:

Shouldn't they be adding capacity in the middle of a deadly pandemic?

More than half the country is vaccinated now, and Massachusetts has one of the highest rates in the country. Good for them.
[Reply]
Page 3746 of 3903
« First < 2746324636463696373637423743374437453746 3747374837493750375637963846 > Last »
Up