ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3710 of 3903
« First < 2710321036103660370037063707370837093710 3711371237133714372037603810 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
loochy 07:02 AM 09-02-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Just catch it and develop that crazy immunity you might possibly get from infection and being vaccinated. You'll be Super Loochy

That and I have a trip to Hawaii in about 6 weeks, so let's get it, be done, and have fun.

Also, I've been thinking about going to the feed store and buying some pour-on for my son.
[Reply]
notorious 07:10 AM 09-02-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
I'll just catch it then. There's no need to drag this out.
This.

It would be horrible to outcast my son over this. Now is when he needs his dad the most.
[Reply]
loochy 07:16 AM 09-02-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
This.

It would be horrible to outcast my son over this. Now is when he needs his dad the most.

That's how I feel...BUT he barely feels sick at all. His chief complaint is his stuffy nose, which always drives him nuts. It's something he complains about anyway from allergies. For now, he's happy to stay home and play minecraft.

Strangely enough, he caught this from grandma (my mom). She came to visit last week and she started having symptoms the night she left. We were always worried to death about her catching this (76 years old, very overweight, congestive heart failure, high blood pressure), but it's no big deal for her either....just some sniffles and mild fatigue. My dad has it too now, and he just coughs a couple of times every 20 minutes.
[Reply]
notorious 07:25 AM 09-02-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
That's how I feel...BUT he barely feels sick at all. His chief complaint is his stuffy nose, which always drives him nuts. It's something he complains about anyway from allergies. For now, he's happy to stay home and play minecraft.

Strangely enough, he caught this from grandma (my mom). She came to visit last week and she started having symptoms the night she left. We were always worried to death about her catching this (76 years old, very overweight, congestive heart failure, high blood pressure), but it's no big deal for her either....just some sniffles and mild fatigue. My dad has it too now, and he just coughs a couple of times every 20 minutes.
:-)

That’s great news. Kids are tough.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 07:26 AM 09-02-2021
This.

I wasn't implying he lock his son in the dungeon and pass him bread and water. Just saying it's probably not a good idea to wrestle around with and other shit we dads would normally do.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:31 AM 09-02-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
I wasn't implying he lock his son in the dungeon and pass him bread and water. Just saying it's probably not a good idea to wrestle around with and other shit we dads would normally do.
Back when I was a kid in 1918 and got the Spanish flu, my father left me at the bottom of a wishing well and I was forced to drink rainwater and beg for breadcrumbs from strangers who kept throwing pennies at me.

Not content with a warm dungeon and bread and water? Fucking millenials.
[Reply]
notorious 07:32 AM 09-02-2021
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Of course you didn’t mean that. “Stay away from your child” is pretty clear, though.

If my young kids are sick and they want to snuggle, come on over and snuggle. It’s not like we aren’t surrounded by each other’s germs to begin with.
[Reply]
loochy 07:41 AM 09-02-2021
Of course you didn’t mean that. “Stay away from your child” is pretty clear, though.

If my young kids are sick and they want to snuggle, come on over and snuggle. It’s not like we aren’t surrounded by each other’s germs to begin with.

Ha ha...my mother-in-law suggested that my wife and I wear masks in the house I laughed at her and made fun of her. She's one of those mask worshipers though. She was appalled that my wife still has to go in to work today (their policy is if no symptoms show, then you come in).
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 08:36 AM 09-02-2021
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
Horrible and really underappreciated by the "it's just the flu" crowd.

What are some of the most common long covid symptons you're observing?
Much like Covid itself, the long haul after effects vary from individual to individual; what is common, however, is the impact it is having on people's lives. To qualify for physical disability waiver services (at least in KS) you must meet the following criteria:

Be at least 16 years of age, and no older than 64 years;
Be determined disabled by the Social Security Administration;
Need assistance to perform activities of daily living;
Meet the Medicaid nursing facility threshold score;

Individuals who have been determined eligible for the Intellectual/Developmental Disability Waiver (I/DD) ARE NOT eligible for the Physical Disability waiver;
Be financially eligible for Medicaid.

I've highlighted the two big criteria. In other words, the effects of long haul Covid are severe enough that you require assistance to perform activities of daily living (ALDs). ADLs are the everyday tasks an individual performs. They include:

Dressing
Eating
Toileting
Bathing
Grooming
Mobility

What is alarming is that we are seeing people who were either asymptomatic or had what would be considered mild cases of Covid-19 develop long haul effects. So you may get over Covid and think you are fine, but then months later find out that you can't do the same basic tasks that you used to be able to do. In fact, the people who are showing up in the system now, have severe enough disability that they qualify for nursing home care...and that is where a lot of young folks are winding up because there is no capacity in the Home and Community Based Service system to support them.

This is incredibly bad for a multitude of reasons: For one, it costs over twice as much to support a person in a nursing home than it does in the community--so as a taxpayer, you lose. Secondly, as I think we all know, nursing homes (and any congregate setting) are vectors of transmission for Covid, so the likelihood catching Covid again skyrockets--which could exacerbate your already debilitating condition. Thirdly, forcing someone into a nursing home so that they get the support and services they need is, quite frankly, illegal due to the Supreme Court Olmstead decision.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:13 AM 09-02-2021
More good news for the vaccinated.

https://news.yahoo.com/breakthough-i...121727306.html
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:33 AM 09-02-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Good news, everyone!

How does one go about getting this, uh, treatment? I mean, I want to avoid it, I'm just asking. For a friend.
[Reply]
loochy 10:39 AM 09-02-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
How does one go about getting this, uh, treatment? I mean, I want to avoid it, I'm just asking. For a friend.

1. Sell your soul to Bill Gates
2. Profit
[Reply]
Bearcat 10:52 AM 09-02-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Hey doc, it's not due for another 8 months, but can we go ahead and knock out the colonoscopy while I'm here, and just uh, leave it up there for a few days?
[Reply]
O.city 12:04 PM 09-02-2021

We have conducted a daily longitudinal analysis of SARS-CoV-2 vaccine breakthrough infections in two universities, UIUC and NU. We compared viral culture outcomes with nasal and saliva PCR results for up to 15 days and this is what we found. A thread ��

— Pamela P. Martinez (@PamelaPMartinez) September 2, 2021

[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:27 PM 09-02-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
It's too bad this data isn't going to be terribly useful regarding Delta.
[Reply]
Page 3710 of 3903
« First < 2710321036103660370037063707370837093710 3711371237133714372037603810 > Last »
Up