ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3707 of 3903
« First < 2707320736073657369737033704370537063707 3708370937103711371737573807 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Monticore 08:42 AM 09-01-2021
Originally Posted by R Clark:
They give it to humans also it’s not just for animals . If you have worms they give you a script in pill form
Even with human doses long term it can cause issues, my wife says it isn’t normally given for long period of time but she does admit it isn’t a drug she has used much.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:45 AM 09-01-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
:-)

I must be missing out. What kind of parasites are people getting on a regular basis?
I would assume people that travel a lot to Africa/Asia , I wouldn’t think it would be very common occurrence in North America
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 08:47 AM 09-01-2021

I must be missing out. What kind of parasites are people getting on a regular basis?
Apparently we have parasites more often than we realize. Causing of inflammation and drowsiness. Not always the severe type. He’s the medical nerd on that stuff, not me.
[Reply]
KCrockaholic 08:48 AM 09-01-2021
Originally Posted by Monticore:
I would assume people that travel a lot to Africa/Asia , I wouldn’t think it would be very common occurrence in North America
He does travel quite a bit. He’s in Columbia right now actually.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 08:55 AM 09-01-2021
Originally Posted by R Clark:
They give it to humans also it’s not just for animals . If you have worms they give you a script in pill form
If you have a dog you’ve probably given it ivermectin in heart guard. It’s also been used in human topical creams to treat scabies and rosacea.

I’m surprised at the number of people who seem outright hostile to it rather than hoping it’s an effective treatment and calling for additional studies.
[Reply]
Monticore 08:56 AM 09-01-2021
Originally Posted by KCrockaholic:
He does travel quite a bit. He’s in Columbia right now actually.
Yeah South America as well .
[Reply]
Monticore 08:58 AM 09-01-2021

Forgot about topical form for body lice.
[Reply]
Monticore 09:05 AM 09-01-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
If you have a dog you’ve probably given it ivermectin in heart guard. It’s also been used in human topical creams to treat scabies and rosacea.

I’m surprised at the number of people who seem outright hostile to it rather than hoping it’s an effective treatment and calling for additional studies.
Nobody is hostile to it the issue is with people promoting as a miracle cure , prevention is still the best medicine and when they promote cures some people might think that preventions ( vaccines/mitigation ) are no longer necessary which leads to more cases and everything that comes with it.

I would love for HCQ and ivermectin to work and preventing severe illness / death but so far there is no proof.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:06 AM 09-01-2021
Is that hand sanitizer in your pocket or are you just happy to be 6 feet away from me.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:11 AM 09-01-2021

Like remdesivir and HCQ, the issue isn't that there's no chance that those things help at all. It's the cognitive dissonance between taking something that is completely unproven to do anything when there's an alternative that's 90%+ effective.

If ivermectin does anything, it doesn't do much, as evidenced by the fact that there are plenty of examples of people who have died after having forgone the vaccine in favor of it.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 09:20 AM 09-01-2021

Wrong way around. It's the people who are pushing ivermectin who are hostile to the vaccine. Their strategy has been to waive any number of shiny objects around as a distraction and muddle a fairly straightforward vaccine message.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:21 AM 09-01-2021
Here's another example. 30 years old and healthy. Took ivermectin, vitamin C, zinc, and aspirin. Didn't get the vaccine. Hated masks.

Dead. He leaves behind a wife and three young girls.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/08/27/w...-covid-19.html
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 09:22 AM 09-01-2021

MADERNA

24-year-old Chloe Mrozak from Illinois was arrested after allegedly using this fake #COVID19 vaccine card to enter Hawaii and avoid travel restrictions — it says “Maderna” instead of “Moderna” @KITV4 pic.twitter.com/1EWp3eG3OR

— Tom George (@TheTomGeorge) September 1, 2021

[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 09:24 AM 09-01-2021
The same lot number on difference doses was a nice touch too, genius.
[Reply]
Chiefnj2 09:41 AM 09-01-2021
Like remdesivir and HCQ, the issue isn't that there's no chance that those things help at all. It's the cognitive dissonance between taking something that is completely unproven to do anything when there's an alternative that's 90%+ effective.

If ivermectin does anything, it doesn't do much, as evidenced by the fact that there are plenty of examples of people who have died after having forgone the vaccine in favor of it.
How do you know the people who took ivermectin took it in human form at the correct dosage? And, there are trials showing it is beneficial.

https://journals.lww.com/americanthe...ment_of.7.aspx
[Reply]
Page 3707 of 3903
« First < 2707320736073657369737033704370537063707 3708370937103711371737573807 > Last »
Up