ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2796 of 3903
« First < 1796229626962746278627922793279427952796 279727982799280028062846289632963796 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
stumppy 12:53 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Kind of like the protests, it should be another interesting case study. A lot (but not all) of Sturgis is outside, so that will help some. A lot of attendees won't be in the best shape, which makes it a bit more risky. On the other hand, they almost certainly over-index on smoking, which is one of those weird things that seems to reduce COVID risk.
Yea, it would be interesting to track the cell phones coming and going and see how it corresponds to any increase in CV10 cases.
[Reply]
sedated 12:55 PM 08-07-2020
I'm not sure if this is political or not, but Russian misinformation about US covid vaccine caused a bit of a stir on...you guessed it, Facebook

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...id=mailsignout
[Reply]
petegz28 01:05 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by jd1020:
Your welcome.
Your or you're.....I don't want to assume anything here

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:06 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower:
?

Hasn't this been known since April..?
I think they were really hoping it would work but didn't have hard data on it yet. Doesn't sound though that it is a game changer type treatment unfortunately.
[Reply]
DaFace 01:10 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I think they were really hoping it would work but didn't have hard data on it yet. Doesn't sound though that it is a game changer type treatment unfortunately.
Yeah, it works fine, but scaling it is next to impossible.
[Reply]
dirk digler 01:13 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by petegz28:
Again you are doing exactly what I said people do. You have to keep both perspectives. Yes it is the #3 killer. And it has killed <.004% of our population.

Those are the facts. That's not a matter of opinion. We have to curb this thing but we cannot also act like it is wiping out half of our population either.

That does not mean we ignore it or open wide up or anything like that. But again, we cannot pretend it is worse than it is. And it is bad, don't get me wrong.
I believe I am keeping it in perspective though. This isn't the flu but a highly contagious infectious disease that left unchecked will kill millions of people and millions more people will get mild or no symptoms and we haven't figured out why that is yet.

There are other people who I won't name (not you) that believe the opposite which I quite haven't fully understood yet.
[Reply]
Fat Elvis 01:17 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by stumppy:
This should work out just fine.:-)

https://rallysturgis.com/

80TH ANNIVERSARY
August 07-16, 2020
Celebrating 80 years of the world's largest biker party on the planet! Check out our list of rally Concerts and Events, or take a look at some of the Sturgis Webcams or the ride maps throughout the Black Hills. And if you need a place to stay for the rally, look no further!

Nothing like 100,000 people from all over the country getting together for a week of partying.
I really wouldn't worry about it. Statistics show that 100% of people alive today aren't dead proving that everyone alive is essentially immortal/ CP Data Analytics expert
[Reply]
petegz28 01:26 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
I really wouldn't worry about it. Statistics show that 100% of people alive today aren't dead proving that everyone alive is essentially immortal/ CP Data Analytics expert
100% of people not dead are alive......true story

[Reply]
Marcellus 01:38 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Yep but Marcellus argument will be well we shouldn't shut down anything because we don't for heart disease or cancer. He is very transparent with his posts.
I think the initial shutdown was wise to keep from overwhelming hospitals etc...but frankly we are past that and are doing more damage than good at this point IMO. Its just politics now.

Considering the median age of death from Covid in the US is still around 78, its a valid argument. If this thing were effecting the same age group as H1N1 it would be a different story.

The countries that locked down early and did "great" are seeing another spike because Covid doesn't just go away no matter what you do.

The states seeing spikes now are places that didn't have them earlier.

Some of this stuff is hindsight but frankly a lot of people arguing early on and arguing now that shutting down schools and locking people in houses isn't the right solution have a valid argument.
[Reply]
Donger 01:41 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
I think the initial shutdown was wise to keep from overwhelming hospitals etc...but frankly we are past that and are doing more damage than good at this point IMO. Its just politics now.
What exactly are you proposing we do differently than we are now?

And, do you acknowledge that we had a massive increase in new cases (and resulting deaths) in the places which relaxed and just re-opened with very little mitigation efforts in place?
[Reply]
jdubya 01:45 PM 08-07-2020

Considering the median age of death from Covid in the US is still around 78, its a valid argument. If this thing were effecting the same age group as H1N1 it would be a different story.

The countries that locked down early and did "great" are seeing another spike because Covid doesn't just go away no matter what you do.

Some of this stuff is hindsight but frankly a lot of people arguing early on and arguing now that shutting down schools and locking people in houses isn't the right solution have a valid argument.
Agree.....
[Reply]
petegz28 01:45 PM 08-07-2020

I largely agree with this. We know the lethality of this virus is largely with elderly folks. That in no way negates the fact that the virus is deadly but again we cannot act like a 10 year old getting it is the same as a 70 year old. So while it is valid to say the youngers can spread it to the elders, it is also valid to say we can't shut everything down to prevent that either. Tough deal anyway you cut it.

[Reply]
Marcellus 01:45 PM 08-07-2020
Originally Posted by Donger:
What exactly are you proposing we do differently than we are now?

And, do you acknowledge that we had a massive increase in new cases (and resulting deaths) in the places which relaxed and just re-opened with very little mitigation efforts in place?
The death rate is not linear to the new case rate bud so the truth is the data shows the disease steadily becoming less deadly every single day.

But you love to ignore things like that.

Again do you realize the average age of a person dying from Covid is almost exactly the average life expectancy? Somehow I am sure you find that irrelevant.
[Reply]
Donger 01:51 PM 08-07-2020
The death rate is not linear to the new case rate bud so the truth is the data shows the disease steadily becoming less deadly every single day.

Again do you realize the average age of a person dying from Covid is almost exactly the average life expectancy? Somehow I am sure you find that irrelevant.
I don't know what data you are using to reach that conclusion. Are you using data, or just your gut? I'd be glad to review it, and not ignore it.

Speaking of ignoring, that isn't what I asked you. I asked you this:

Do you acknowledge that we had a massive increase in new cases (and resulting deaths) in the places which relaxed and just re-opened with very little mitigation efforts in place?

You either do, or you do not. Which is it?

Yes, I'm well-aware that this thing is much more lethal to elderly people. "We've" known that for going on six months.
[Reply]
petegz28 01:52 PM 08-07-2020

There's a reason I have him on iggy.

[Reply]
Page 2796 of 3903
« First < 1796229626962746278627922793279427952796 279727982799280028062846289632963796 > Last »
Up