ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 510 of 1203
« First < 10410460500506507508509510 5115125135145205606101010 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Buzz 08:51 PM 04-30-2017
Originally Posted by TimBone:
If it's alright with you regulars, I'm gonna go ahead and ban FMB from the thread from that last little tidbit of info.

Do I know you?
[Reply]
Nickhead 12:02 AM 05-01-2017
If it's alright with you regulars, I'm gonna go ahead and ban FMB from the thread based on that last little tidbit of info.
burn him at the 'steak'!!!!!!!! :-)
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:21 AM 05-01-2017
Originally Posted by Buzz:
Do I know you?
Who are you talking to?
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 04:08 AM 05-01-2017
If it's alright with you regulars, I'm gonna go ahead and ban FMB from the thread based on that last little tidbit of info.

They're better than canned green beans. :-)
[Reply]
scho63 09:43 AM 05-01-2017
Originally Posted by Inmem58:
Starting my first week of food prep. BBQ'd chicken, sweet potatoes and roasted Brussels sprout. Egg muffins with cheese and bacon for breakfast. I'm down 34 lbs and feeling very good.
Congrats on the weight loss! :-):-)

How long have you been dieting or working on your health? What's your goal?

I resigned from my job in the DC area back in Feb and drove cross country to Scottsdale with the sole purpose of losing 100-105 pounds by Dec 1st with little to no work to interfere with my plans. Since I began BOTH my diet and exercise program on March 25th, I'm down 23-24 pounds in just about 5 weeks. I feel so much better already and over the hump of getting to the gym on a regular basis.

Good luck and keep it up! :-)

[Reply]
scho63 09:49 AM 05-01-2017
Originally Posted by Buzz:
I have a bag of the frozen green beans I could have used, the wife prefers the canned. If I told her the guys on CP prefer frozen over canned, well, I won't go there. :-)
Let me guess, she would throw the can of green beans at you! :-)
[Reply]
BucEyedPea 09:53 AM 05-01-2017
Originally Posted by Donger:
Linguine with Bolognese. I use the meat sauce that I put into my lasagna.
Are you sure you're of English descent ?
[Reply]
scho63 09:56 AM 05-01-2017
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
In the oven...

Here's an appetizer for you.

THAT IS PERFECTLY COOKED TOAST DONE TO THE RIGHT LEVEL OF BROWNESS! :-):-):-):-)

A+++++

[Reply]
scho63 10:01 AM 05-01-2017
As a matter of fact, I was so focused on it being for sandwiches this week, I forgot to plan for side dishes. And I'm embarrassed to admit, those are instant potatoes.

[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 10:03 AM 05-01-2017
Originally Posted by scho63:

:-)

They're not that bad. They're not great, but enough full-fat milk and butter, and they're certainly edible.

I stand by my comment that they're better than canned green beans.
[Reply]
scho63 10:43 AM 05-01-2017
:-)

They're not that bad. They're not great, but enough full-fat milk and butter, and they're certainly edible.

I stand by my comment that they're better than canned green beans.
It's a race to the bottom! :-)

Kinda like would you like to kiss your aunt on your mother's side or would you like to kiss your aunt on your father's side? :-)

I agree, canned green beans are probably the WORST veggie in a can. Like green mush! :-)
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 10:46 AM 05-01-2017
Originally Posted by scho63:
It's a race to the bottom! :-)

Kinda like would you like to kiss your aunt on your mother's side or would you like to kiss your aunt on your father's side? :-)

I agree, canned green beans are probably the WORST veggie in a can. Like green mush! :-)
I believe Crayola based the color "olive drab" on the color of canned green beans.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:38 PM 05-01-2017
I totally forgot about this exchange. Search for "kettlepizza" and found this. I just bought one, expecting it next week! Got the steel top, too!

I have a full sized baking steel in the oven. Think it would be overkill to use that instead of the tombstone?
Congrats.

The only problem I've run into is that I have a hard time getting the dome temp up quite as high as I'd like without making the bottom too hot. I think the answer would be just a shitload of lump charcoal around the edges making sure that there's no direct heat on the stone but rather high enough convection above it that it eventually heats on its own. You need real lump charcoal for the BTUs but it burns so fast that it takes a lot of tendering. Maybe just fill that back basket with a shitload of good quality lump as a compromise. Trying to get underneath it while it cooks is just so damn hard that I always use briquettes down there b/c of the long cook time.

What I've done recently is cheat a little bit. I'll launch my pizza, rotate it for a bit to get the leopard spotting, then I'll grab my metal 'retrieval' peel, pull the pizza and set my grill scraper underneath it; one of these cheap, shitty things (I'm pretty sure an in-law got me that thing at some point):

There's no real surface area in contact with the stone or the peel at that point so you have no more conductive heat from the bottom passing through the peel. It's all just radiant/convection heat. And when the peel has been out of the grill, it's cool enough to by a lot of time.

By raising the top of the pizza near the top of the baking steel that has all that heat trapped in it due to thermal mass, it essentially acts as a broiler that browns/crisps anything on top that hasn't gotten where you want it without burning the bottom. You can rest the handle of the scraper and peel on the lip of the kettle pizza and it keeps everything nice and level. If you try it, you'll see what I mean.

It's a work around for when you don't have your oven dialed in exactly right but it's a pretty bulletproof method.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:41 PM 05-01-2017
I'm taking a Craftsy class from King Arthur called "Mastering the Art of Pizza." It's really quite interesting.

Today I learned that if you're making dough, there's a formula to figuring out how hot the water should be. It's different if you use a preferment. But you want the dough temp to be 75-78 degrees, so you multiply that by 4, and subtract flour temperature, the poolish temperature, room temperature and friction factor (10 degrees if by hand, roughly 30 if by mixer). So if room temp is 69 and flour is 68, poolish is 75 and you're mixing by hand: water temp = (4x78)-(69+68+75+10); 312-22=90 degrees. Water should be 90 degrees.

I don't use instant yeast so I have to bloom it. Proper bloom temp is anywhere from 90-110. So I go with 110 and I'm guessing that by the time it's rested/bloomed, I'm at 90 anyway.

So sometimes you just stumble ass-backwards into the right answer. Or, more accurately, sometimes the right answer isn't nearly as precise as some would have you believe...
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 01:43 PM 05-01-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I don't use instant yeast so I have to bloom it. Proper bloom temp is anywhere from 90-110. So I go with 110 and I'm guessing that by the time it's rested/bloomed, I'm at 90 anyway.

So sometimes you just stumble ass-backwards into the right answer. Or, more accurately, sometimes the right answer isn't nearly as precise as some would have you believe...

Yeah, there's no way I'm gonna do that math. I've never had trouble with 100 degree water.
[Reply]
Page 510 of 1203
« First < 10410460500506507508509510 5115125135145205606101010 > Last »
Up