ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1105 of 1120
« First < 10560510051055109511011102110311041105 11061107110811091115 > Last »
The Lounge>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
scho63 11:51 AM 11-21-2021
I've been on a Chinese Dim Sum kick.

I've eaten about 150 dumplings, pot stickers, and other small plates in the last 2 weeks.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:41 PM 11-22-2021
I had some time at lunch so I decided to cook up some shit for lunch.

Did some brats - Wife had done some this way, hers were better than mine, but still pretty good.

The strawberries looked good, but they weren't. Added sugar.

Did some brussells. This was probably the best part of the meal. Roasted them up like normal, but added some chipotle chile powder - which makes everything better :-). They were good as hell.

Rice was just shitty minute rice, but whatever.



[Reply]
GloryDayz 05:13 AM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I had some time at lunch so I decided to cook up some shit for lunch.



Did some brats - Wife had done some this way, hers were better than mine, but still pretty good.



The strawberries looked good, but they weren't. Added sugar.



Did some brussells. This was probably the best part of the meal. Roasted them up like normal, but added some chipotle chile powder - which makes everything better :-). They were good as hell.



Rice was just shitty minute rice, but whatever.





The sprouts make it awesome..
[Reply]
lewdog 07:59 PM 11-23-2021
Called in sick yesterday, which is rare. Thanks 3 year old who shares EVERYTHING!

Came back today to a "dinner bag" from a coworker's Mexican mother who owns a side food business. Al Pastor better than I've ever had! Lettuce, onion, cilantro and street tortillas too.






[Reply]
Mennonite 08:02 PM 11-23-2021
goddamn that looks good.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:11 PM 11-23-2021
That looks awesome Lew. Mexican done right is a million times better than traditional French or Italian cuisine. My opinion of course.
[Reply]
RubberSponge 09:19 PM 11-23-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Called in sick yesterday, which is rare. Thanks 3 year old who shares EVERYTHING!

Came back today to a "dinner bag" from a coworker's Mexican mother who owns a side food business. Al Pastor better than I've ever had! Lettuce, onion, cilantro and street tortillas too.





-1 no pineapple.

I kid, al pastor is hard to beat. I do like a good char that a spit provides though.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 08:26 AM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Called in sick yesterday, which is rare. Thanks 3 year old who shares EVERYTHING!

Came back today to a "dinner bag" from a coworker's Mexican mother who owns a side food business. Al Pastor better than I've ever had! Lettuce, onion, cilantro and street tortillas too.





OUTSTANDING...
[Reply]
RubberSponge 08:53 AM 11-24-2021
Is it chicken, is it pork?
Who knows?
Either way, you can still eat it with a spork.
[Reply]
Sorce 09:13 PM 11-24-2021
Scallops and asparagus over mushroom risotto.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:34 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by Sorce:
Scallops and asparagus over mushroom risotto.
Genuine art on display, looks perfect... that rice is impossibly fat looking
[Reply]
Sorce 09:51 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Genuine art on display, looks perfect... that rice is impossibly fat looking
Not sure what fat looking means. It was arbiro rice. Vegetable stock and rehydrated mushroom juice. About 1/2 c parmesan. It just takes time adding a half cup of stock at a time till it's done.

First time I did the scallops in cast iron, normally I do stainless steel, never again.
[Reply]
SupDock 10:14 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by RubberSponge:
-1 no pineapple.

I kid, al pastor is hard to beat. I do like a good char that a spit provides though.
I once made a grievous error with Al pastor. I used fresh pineapple in the marinade. Hopefully I can save someone from committing the same error. Fresh pineapple has an enzyme that turns meat to mush. You must heat the pineapple juice or use canned.

I ruined the entire batch.
[Reply]
threebag02 10:15 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by Sorce:
Scallops and asparagus over mushroom risotto.
really nice color on those scallops :-)
[Reply]
threebag02 10:16 PM 11-24-2021
Originally Posted by Sorce:
Not sure what fat looking means. It was arbiro rice. Vegetable stock and rehydrated mushroom juice. About 1/2 c parmesan. It just takes time adding a half cup of stock at a time till it's done.

First time I did the scallops in cast iron, normally I do stainless steel, never again.
thats how i do mine is in cast iron. looks fucking great!
[Reply]
Page 1105 of 1120
« First < 10560510051055109511011102110311041105 11061107110811091115 > Last »
Up