ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1007 of 1207
« First < 750790795799710031004100510061007 1008100910101011101710571107 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Fire Me Boy! What's For Dinner? Thread
Buehler445 08:45 AM 07-15-2015
Since the other one got too big, let's keep the food truck rolling. Whacha got?

Vol 2. http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285408
[Reply]
Pablo 01:18 PM 05-17-2020
Damn yeah those ribs look great. I'm about to rip off your dinner idea this afternoon. Got some ribs on and plan on making some deviled eggs also. Wife insisted on funeral potatoes, really twisted my arm on that one. Oh and I love those Jarritos too. They're diabetes bombs, but fuck if they aren't delicious.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:37 PM 05-17-2020
Originally Posted by Pablo:
Damn yeah those ribs look great. I'm about to rip off your dinner idea this afternoon. Got some ribs on and plan on making some deviled eggs also. Wife insisted on funeral potatoes, really twisted my arm on that one. Oh and I love those Jarritos too. They're diabetes bombs, but fuck if they aren't delicious.
Sounds great. Love me some Jarritos, but only if I'm feeling frisky. That 12oz bottle reduced down to about 1/8 cup of straight pineapple syrup. Going to remember it for use in some cocktails or over pancakes or something.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:34 PM 05-17-2020
Been hearing that my local Chinese joint is struggling badly, so I went and got a General Tso’s for later and a House Special fried rice for lunch tomorrow... cant have them closing, this little town would be much poorer for it
[Reply]
Pablo 06:15 PM 05-17-2020

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
KCUnited 07:16 PM 05-17-2020
Scratch biscuits and gravy for dinner. In case you haven't noticed, fried egg on top is life.

[Reply]
lewdog 07:23 PM 05-17-2020
This thread has been awesome for months now.

Good shit. Although I do miss Buzz and his tacos and toast. Where is he?
[Reply]
lewdog 09:08 PM 05-21-2020
Wife has been using Sourdough starter for things.

This was a good use of it.

[Reply]
Sorce 09:45 PM 05-21-2020
Originally Posted by lewdog:

My wife discovered that she was allergic to yeast so RIP me...

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
srvy 11:13 PM 05-21-2020
Buzz needs to come back and teach us all how to hand toss the crust into a perfect circle. He loved toast and made the most perfect shaped pizza.
[Reply]
scho63 06:49 AM 05-22-2020
She used the maximum ratio of pepperoni to circumference that they allow! :-)

Originally Posted by lewdog:

[Reply]
SuperChief 08:22 AM 05-22-2020
We just got a KitchenAid stand mixer, so the girlfriend has been going to town with baking lately. Last night she made these peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies that damn near killed me. It's like biting into a spoonful of peanut butter (which I actually like). Effing delicious.

Apparently this mixer is also really good for shredding chicken with on of the paddle-type attachments? We like to slow-cook chicken with seasoning for tacos, but it's always a pain in the ass to hand shred the chicken - not anymore!
[Reply]
Sorce 09:30 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by SuperChief:
We just got a KitchenAid stand mixer, so the girlfriend has been going to town with baking lately. Last night she made these peanut butter chocolate chunk cookies that damn near killed me. It's like biting into a spoonful of peanut butter (which I actually like). Effing delicious.

Apparently this mixer is also really good for shredding chicken with on of the paddle-type attachments? We like to slow-cook chicken with seasoning for tacos, but it's always a pain in the ass to hand shred the chicken - not anymore!
The attachments are great. Fresh pasta is the best.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:20 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by srvy:
Sounds good to me.

I burned myself out on sriracha though. Lemon, pepper, Paul Prudhomme Seafood Magic on any fish. Then bake grill or even microwave if lazy and I am satisfied and happy

Prudhomme's Fajita magic is damn good as well. Never tried the Seafood stuff - I'll have to give it a look.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:24 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Scratch biscuits and gravy for dinner. In case you haven't noticed, fried egg on top is life.

I have no idea why, but for some reason I just can't get a scratch biscuit recipe I like.

Though my last effort was undermined by a (I shit you not) 15 year old box of baking powder and a 10 year old can of cream of tartar. So I'm thinking maybe take another shot at that one. That baking powder has somehow survived 4 moves.

The problem is that I don't bake, my wife does. And ordinarily if I DO back, there's yeast involved so even shitty baking powder will rise with the good yeast I have for pizza dough.

But this didn't have any yeast in it and the baking powder was clearly dead. The cream of tartar is there as something of a catalyst as well and was almost certainly shot as well. So yeah...things didn't work out.

Think I'm gonna take another stab at it with fresh ingredients. Man, if I ever find a way to duplicate Hardees biscuits, Imma get REAL fat.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:35 AM 05-22-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
Yessir on the egg. 4.5 hours @ 250F, no foil. Glaze and rise to 300F for the final 30 minutes.

Beans were an afterthought after it was discovered our cabbage had gone bad for planned slaw. Baked in oven with mustard, brown sugar, cayenne, and some rib drippings. Weren't bad but have made better.
I have a go-to recipe for Cowboy beans that I love w/ smoked food.

1 lb bacon chopped, 2 onions, package of pnito beans soaked overnight. Save your bean water (provided you rinsed the beans well).

Toss some salt, pepper and granulated garlic in the bean pot with the bacon and onions, boil for 45 minutes. After 45 minutes, toss a Couple cans of rotel in there with jalapanos to taste. I put pickled jalapeno juice in there as well because I like the flavor it adds. Chili powder and cumin to taste, rolling boil for a couple hours - add a little water if needed.

They're beans so it's not real precise. And since you have to soak them overnight, they aren't something you do at the last minute, but they're an amazing complement to smoked food, especially memphis/texas style.

I have a slaw I like as well - red cabbage, gala apples, chopped walnuts, mayonnaise (I'm a Duke's fan myself), sugar, rice vinegar, pepper. Again, it's a slaw so I have no idea what to tell you as far as amounts. Just throw shit in the bowl until it tastes good. I always make that stuff if I'm doing brisket and/or burnt ends.
[Reply]
Page 1007 of 1207
« First < 750790795799710031004100510061007 1008100910101011101710571107 > Last »
Up