ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Media Center>What are your favorite sitcoms?
Skip Towne 10:27 AM 11-06-2004
I like Seinfeld, Wings and Coach.
[Reply]
Rain Man 09:53 AM 07-02-2022
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
I scrolled but I didnt see it. There was a sitcom about military life. Gomer Pyle came from that. Cant remember a ton about it cause I was thinking about Combat! A seperate sitcom entirely. Damn ye!
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Gomer Pyle was a spinoff of the Andy Griffith Show.
Gomer Pyle was also derived from an Andy Griffith movie in the 1950s called No Time For Sergeants, where Andy played the Gomer role. It's an interesting triangle, because Andy was basically Gomer first, and then Gomer was created from a civilian character working with Andy.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 07-02-2022, 04:29 PM
This message has been deleted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch. Reason: Duplicate post
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 04:46 PM 07-02-2022
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Gomer Pyle was also derived from an Andy Griffith movie in the 1950s called No Time For Sergeants, where Andy played the Gomer role. It's an interesting triangle, because Andy was basically Gomer first, and then Gomer was created from a civilian character working with Andy.
I come here for the Chiefs but I stay here for interesting information like this.

By the way No Time For Sergeants is on youtube for a few bucks and I'm watching it. You solved an argument in the household about what to watch. Andy Griffith time for me!
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 08:22 PM 07-02-2022
Interesting thing about No Time for Sergeants is that it is the Air Force. Later on with Gomer it was the Marines.
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 11:13 PM 07-02-2022
Just one further thing to report about this film. Don Knotts is in it. I think this was before he was better known as Barney Fife!
[Reply]
Rain Man 08:38 AM 07-05-2022
Originally Posted by Vladimir_Kyrilytch:
Just one further thing to report about this film. Don Knotts is in it. I think this was before he was better known as Barney Fife!
I didn't know that. How interesting. I wonder if this is where they met. What type of role was Don playing?
[Reply]
Rausch 02:07 PM 07-09-2022
The quoted post was my list in 2004, as reported in this thread. In 2022, I would add Arrested Development, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, My Name is Earl, and The Office. I would consider an Honorable Mention to The Good Place and The Big Bang Theory.

My 2022 rankings of the top ten would be:

1. Cheers
2. Seinfeld
3. The Office
4. Barney Miller
5. Arrested Development
6. The Drew Carey Show
7. My Name is Earl
8. Malcolm in the Middle
9. The Simpsons
10. Frasier

Honorable mentions: News Radio, Newhart, WKRP in Cincinnati, The Bob Newhart Show, Friends, Soap, Taxi, Third Rock From the Sun, It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia, The Good Place, and The Big Bang Theory
Big props for moving Cheers up the list. The more I go back and watch it the more respect I gain for it. And over time I've moved Scrubs up my list as well. I like that there was a point or a question to ask in each episode like Six Feet Under did. I like things that make you question what you believe or what you would do...
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 04:36 PM 07-09-2022
I have only seen bits and pieces of Scrubs. I was watching a rerun on IFC one day and I noticed that Christa Miller from Drew Carey was on the show. I had no idea she was on Scrubs too.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:43 PM 07-09-2022
Originally Posted by PackerinMo:
I have only seen bits and pieces of Scrubs. I was watching a rerun on IFC one day and I noticed that Christa Miller from Drew Carey was on the show. I had no idea she was on Scrubs too.
Bill Lawrence

[Reply]
Buehler445 05:13 PM 07-09-2022
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Big props for moving Cheers up the list. The more I go back and watch it the more respect I gain for it. And over time I've moved Scrubs up my list as well. I like that there was a point or a question to ask in each episode like Six Feet Under did. I like things that make you question what you believe or what you would do...
I should go back and watch Cheers. I remember it being really good.

Scrubs had some major cheese. But they also tackled some real shit and parts of it really moved and was some excellent television.

As we move away from in the moment, I wonder how it will be remembered. I'm a bit of a sucker for it. Although it may just be Sarah Chalke being hot as the surface of the sun.

Can't get it to embed, but yeah... It's worth a click

https://gfycat.com/givingfastandeanc...-chalke-undies
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:31 PM 07-09-2022
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I should go back and watch Cheers. I remember it being really good.

Scrubs had some major cheese. But they also tackled some real shit and parts of it really moved and was some excellent television.

As we move away from in the moment, I wonder how it will be remembered. I'm a bit of a sucker for it. Although it may just be Sarah Chalke being hot as the surface of the sun.

Can't get it to embed, but yeah... It's worth a click

https://gfycat.com/givingfastandeanc...-chalke-undies
Three dots [. . . ] on lower right.

Amazing she got her start as replacement Becky [to much derision] on Roseanne.

Hate that I have to embed this with foreign overdubbing, but the music is perfect and Scrubs lost the licensing for it

Pisses me off because I own three [3!] Coral albums because I got into their music from this scene on Scrubs.

[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 07:37 PM 07-09-2022
I didn't know that. How interesting. I wonder if this is where they met. What type of role was Don playing?
Basically the same role. It was vintage Don Knotts. I can see why Andy made him his main counterpart later on. They had good comedic chemistry.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 02:38 PM 07-16-2022
Wow they are actually showing Silver Spoons reruns. I haven’t seen that on tv in about 30 years. It’s worth watching it for Erin Gray alone.
[Reply]
markdis 02:58 PM 07-19-2022
Two and a Half Men(with Sheen)
Friends
[Reply]
Vladimir_Kyrilytch 04:25 PM 07-19-2022
I see Scrubs has been mentioned more than once. I never watched it. But I have a close blood relation that is a legit MD (Medical Doctor, not the fake phd kind of doctor) and she was in residency when that show was at its peak, and she loved it. Furthermore, her fellow residents loved it too.

It speaks highly of a show when it revolves around a profession and the actual professionals in that field love it. Usually you would expect for them to nitpick the inaccuracies and say it sucks, but not so in this case.
[Reply]
Page 8 of 8
« First < 45678
Up