ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>So, we should sign another WR, right? [Edit: RIGHT!!?!]
Direckshun 02:27 PM 05-02-2024
It's being reported at this time that Rice is expected to be suspended half the season or more.

If that's what's up, the good news is: he'll be good to go for December/January.

The bad news is, here's the WR depth chart:

Marquise Brown
Xavier Worthy
Justin Watson
Skyy Moore
Kadarious Toney
Justyn Ross
Nikko Remigio
Cornell Powell

Available WRs:

Hunter Renfrow
Allen Robinson
Odell Beckham, Jr.
Tyler Boyd
Michael Thomas
Marquez Valdes-Scantling
Russell Gage
Zay Jones
DJ Chark
Jamal Agnew
Mecole Hardman
Jakeem Grant
Randall Cobb
Marquise Goodwin
Chase Claypool
Deandre Carter
Sterling Shepard
Richie James
Jalen Guyton
Scotty Miller
Laquon Treadwell
Byron Pringle
and some others

Thoughts?
[Reply]
Stryker 06:33 PM 05-06-2024
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
It's being reported at this time that Rice is expected to be suspended half the season or more.

If that's what's up, the good news is: he'll be good to go for December/January.

The bad news is, here's the WR depth chart:

Marquise Brown
Xavier Worthy
Justin Watson
Skyy Moore
Kadarious Toney
Justyn Ross
Nikko Remigio
Cornell Powell

Available WRs:

Hunter Renfrow
Allen Robinson
Odell Beckham, Jr.
Tyler Boyd
Michael Thomas
Marquez Valdes-Scantling
Russell Gage
Zay Jones
DJ Chark
Jamal Agnew
Mecole Hardman
Jakeem Grant
Randall Cobb
Marquise Goodwin
Chase Claypool
Deandre Carter
Sterling Shepard
Richie James
Jalen Guyton
Scotty Miller
Laquon Treadwell
Byron Pringle
and some others

Thoughts?
Hunter Renfrow or Tyler Boyd from the above list. Jalen Guyton is gone, OBJ is gone, Chase Claypool is gone, I think Zay Jones is also gone. MVS is visiting the Chargers.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 06:36 PM 05-06-2024
Gotta play the kids to develop them, fellas.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:07 PM 05-06-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Gotta play the kids to develop them, fellas.
Forward this to Andy, if you don't mind. TIA!
[Reply]
Megatron96 07:38 PM 05-06-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Gotta play the kids to develop them, fellas.


Not to argue, because yeah, young players need snaps to develop, no question.


However, there is real value to a veteran presence, for stability obviously, but also for mentoring those young players. Hell, by his own admission Rice was trying to have MVS mentor him late last season. Just imagine what his trajectory might've been if Rice had had an actual WR there for him instead of MVS.


unfortunately, I don't see a lot of value in the WRs left on that list, so it's probably a moot point. But if there was a good vet available, I wouldn't be upset if Veach signed the guy to a team-friendly deal even if only to give our young WR corps some real mentoring this time around.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 05:59 AM 05-07-2024
Hunter Renfrow has had 333 and 238 yards the last two years. Can we let this die? There's a stronger case for Michael Thomas. I think were getting Renfroe and Renfrow confused. One is a player you would want on your team. One is a washed, was only good once phenom.
[Reply]
In58men 07:16 AM 05-07-2024
Originally Posted by Dunerdr:
Hunter Renfrow has had 333 and 238 yards the last two years. Can we let this die? There's a stronger case for Michael Thomas. I think were getting Renfroe and Renfrow confused. One is a player you would want on your team. One is a washed, was only good once phenom.
I noticed how Renfrow was on the field a lot, but McDaniels wanted his boy Meyers to get the ball almost every play. Also, McDaniels is a shitty coach.
[Reply]
O.city 07:24 AM 05-07-2024
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Gotta play the kids to develop them, fellas.
To be fair, we tried that last year and some of them crashed and burned and they're seemingly going to run them back out there again.

I'd prefer not to do that but we may have no choice.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 08:39 AM 05-07-2024
I think Richie James, assuming he's not upset with the Chiefs still, is probably my favorite option. Felt like we didn't get the best out of him, his stats the year prior to joining KC support my theory. He'd be affordable, plays underneath and can move the chains.
[Reply]
gordonelloyd 08:58 AM 05-07-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:
I noticed how Renfrow was on the field a lot, but McDaniels wanted his boy Meyers to get the ball almost every play. Also, McDaniels is a shitty coach.
I agreed that these are all reasons that limited Hunter Renfrow last year. And in 2022 he was injured if I remember. And he had a really good year in 2021 was 103 receptions and 1038 yards And the pro bowl. So I think it’s clear that he’s got it in him to be good. And here he would have good coaching and the best quarterback.

Not sure anybody else has anywhere near the upside.

If Michael Thomas could return to his form of 2019 and earlier, he would obviously be great. But the last three years have shown that injuries make that highly unlikely.

The prospects of Renfrow returning to 2021 form I think are much higher than Thomas returning to 2019 form.

Anyway, we all have our own views. Several of us are high on Renfrow, and a few of us definitely not.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:06 AM 05-07-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:
I noticed how Renfrow was on the field a lot, but McDaniels wanted his boy Meyers to get the ball almost every play. Also, McDaniels is a shitty coach.
Meyers is twice the player at this point.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:24 AM 05-07-2024
Originally Posted by gordonelloyd:
I agreed that these are all reasons that limited Hunter Renfrow last year. And in 2022 he was injured if I remember. And he had a really good year in 2021 was 103 receptions and 1038 yards And the pro bowl. So I think itís clear that heís got it in him to be good. And here he would have good coaching and the best quarterback.

Not sure anybody else has anywhere near the upside.

If Michael Thomas could return to his form of 2019 and earlier, he would obviously be great. But the last three years have shown that injuries make that highly unlikely.

The prospects of Renfrow returning to 2021 form I think are much higher than Thomas returning to 2019 form.

Anyway, we all have our own views. Several of us are high on Renfrow, and a few of us definitely not.
The odds of either of them returning to previous form are miniscule.
[Reply]
Direckshun 07:17 AM 05-08-2024
So here's a question that may deserve its own thread.

But if Rashee Rice is kicked from the league for the entire season or nearly the entire season, do you get aggressive at WR?
[Reply]
Dunerdr 07:53 AM 05-08-2024
I'd get Zay right fucking now and let the bottom of the roster figure it out in camp.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 08:28 AM 05-08-2024
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
So here's a question that may deserve its own thread.

But if Rashee Rice is kicked from the league for the entire season or nearly the entire season, do you get aggressive at WR?
There is no need. The remaining WRs are still collectively better than the group(s) that just won back-to-back Super Bowls.
[Reply]
Megatron96 04:34 PM 05-08-2024
Originally Posted by Direckshun:
So here's a question that may deserve its own thread.

But if Rashee Rice is kicked from the league for the entire season or nearly the entire season, do you get aggressive at WR?



It would seem like a good idea. At least a hard 'probably.' Unfortunately, there's not a lot out there, as far as I can tell. Almost nothing in FA. And I doubt Veach would actually try to trade for what we'd need. I think we're stuck with what we've got. Maybe Wiley can fill most of Rice's role until Rashee comes back.:-)
[Reply]
Page 3 of 7
< 123 4567 >
Up