ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 395 of 2693
« First < 295345385391392393394395 3963973983994054454958951395 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
RealSNR 12:07 PM 08-08-2017
Full podcast available at the link. Seth Keysor does a full run-down of what would happen to Mahomes and what would happen to the Chiefs if they were to start Mahomes in 2017:

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/...for-the-chiefs

They talk about these topics (again, taken from the above link)

Originally Posted by :
3:55: We discuss the fact that the NFL has changed, and rookie quarterbacks come in and play solidly quite frequently in modern NFL offenses. This shifts the burden, in that someone needs to show me why Mahomes is an exception to the modern rule that talented young QB's can come in and play well right away.

7:55: Taking on some of the reasons people give as to why Mahomes can't start immediately (or why he's an exception to the new rule with QB's), including QB winz, risky decisions, footwork, and learning an NFL offense and NFL defenses.

18:04: Talking about Mahomes's ability to protect himself as a mobile quarterback.

18:55: What would change about the Chiefs' offense if Mahomes played in 2017. What would he take off the table, and what would he bring to the table?

28:15: How will Mahomes avoid mistakes at the NFL level? Will his playmaking compensate for a likely increase in INTs?

35:52: Would starting Mahomes early stunt his development?

39:30: Addressing some quick hitters: Would Reid throw Mahomes in if the Chiefs start slow? What current NFL quarterback would I compare Mahomes to? And what quarterbacks in the NFL would I trade Mahomes for (this one is going to get me in trouble)?

[Reply]
penbrook 12:42 PM 08-08-2017
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/nfl...166041622.html

Smitty, Patrick, and Bray with really good deep balls
[Reply]
chiefscafan 04:33 PM 08-08-2017
I still believe mahomes plays this season
[Reply]
penbrook 04:39 PM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by chiefscafan:
I still believe mahomes plays this season
If he's the #2 yes. Smitty will likely be out for a game or two
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:11 PM 08-08-2017
Nothing but upside.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:34 PM 08-08-2017
Who has predictions for Mahomes' performance Friday night?

I'll guess he goes: 7 for 12, 91 yards, 2 TDs/1 INT.

I think he starts out with jitters, gets a pick out of the way. Then responds with 2 touchdown drives.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:38 PM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

I think he starts out with jitters, gets a pick out of the way. Then responds with 2 touchdown drives.
I'm not familiar with your record on prognostication, but I would be VERY happy with that outcome.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 06:40 PM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Can he spaz out? Run for the hills? Miss at least two viable options for positive yardage per play?
Yeah, I'm thinking he could do that.

I look at like this in the case of Mahomes/KC:

It's a luxury that we shouldn't bind ourselves to.
I'm betting he can run out of bounds on 4th down to end a game. Can't risk a pick! :-)
[Reply]
notorious 06:42 PM 08-08-2017
I am not interested in stats. I am interested in watching his body language and how he looks on the field.

We won't get our answer of "Is he THE QB to take us to the SB?", but we will see if he looks the part and keeps his cool.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:45 PM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:
I am not interested in stats. I am interested in watching his body language and how he looks on the field.

We won't get our answer of "Is he THE QB to take us to the SB?", but we will see if he looks the part and keeps his cool.
Touche.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:48 PM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
I'm not familiar with your record on prognostication, but I would be VERY happy with that outcome.
Ha, right? Well, I don't typically bother guessing individual statistics, but this is a special case. Too much excitement.

Notorious makes a great point. Perhaps the most important factor Friday night is how will Pat look in his demeanor? I loved his 'swagger' that he frequently showed in college. With Reid being a big personality guy, I imagine Mahomes will act the same.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:49 PM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by notorious:

Very important. And I'm not worried about that at all. He's kept his head really well throughout this entire process, and you KNOW what a complete shitstorm it must be to come in to this league as a highly picked rookie QB.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 06:58 PM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:

I would be surprised if he actually threw a pick Friday night. That 49ers defense is just awful....and he will be throwing against 3rd stringers. It'll be like going up against KU when he was in college.
[Reply]
go bo 08:58 PM 08-08-2017
Originally Posted by JDKinman:
Got a new Lycoming 0320, 160 hp. Just got the exhaust back from having it ceramic coated. New Catto three-blade composite prop will be pushing the air for me.

Have never flown into MKC. I used to work at 8th & Washington and watch the planes land and take off from there all day. Flown into Johnson County Executive and Lees Summit, but never the downtown airport.

Gonna change that now--and can't wait to do it. There is no place like Kansas City on a Saturday before a home Chiefs game at Arrowhead.

JD
i flew into the river/downtown airport quite a few times in 1967...

try landing in that sucker in a real airliner, graze the bluff, drop like a rock towards the river, lurch onto the landing strip, hit the brakes as hard as possible before running off the end of the runway that looked only slightly longer than my driveway...

fun times... :-)
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:00 PM 08-08-2017
The best part of it all is this:

If he makes a mistake, he's going to work his fucking ass off to make damned sure that the probability of making that same mistake sinks to the bottom of the ocean.
And if he lights it up, he will likewise work his fucking ass off to build upon his success.

There is really no bad way this can go down.
[Reply]
Page 395 of 2693
« First < 295345385391392393394395 3963973983994054454958951395 > Last »
Up