ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 31
« First < 142021222324 25262728 > Last »
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>OT Rankings
KChiefs1 10:08 AM 03-03-2021
https://theathletic.com/2419203/2021...ds-deep-class/

Dane Brugler:

1. Penei Sewell, Oregon (6-foot-6, 300 pounds)
Malaeimi, American Samoa (Desert Hills); Age: 20.56

2. Rashawn Slater, Northwestern (6-foot-4, 308 pounds)
Sugar Land, Texas (Clements); Age: 22.09

3. Christian Darrisaw, Virginia Tech (6-foot-5, 315 pounds)
Upper Marlboro, Md. (Riverdale); Age: 21.91

4. Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma State (6-foot-7, 320 pounds)
Topeka, Kan. (Topeka); Age: 23.16

5. Liam Eichenberg, Notre Dame (6-foot-5, 301 pounds)
Cleveland, Ohio (Saint Ignatius); Age: 23.28

6. Samuel Cosmi, Texas (6-foot-7, 310 pounds)
Humble, Texas (Atascocita); Age: 22.20

7. James Hudson, Cincinnati (6-foot-4, 302 pounds)
Toledo, Ohio (Central Catholic); Age: 21.96

8. D’Ante Smith, East Carolina (6-foot-5, 294 pounds)
Augusta, Ga. (Grovetown); Age: 22.89

9. Dillon Radunz, North Dakota State (6-foot-6, 304 pounds)
Becker, Minn. (Becker); Age: 23.09

10. Walker Little, Stanford (6-foot-7, 320 pounds)
Houston, Texas (Episcopal); Age: 22.08

11. Brady Christensen, BYU (6-foot-6, 300 pounds)
Bountiful, Utah (Bountiful)

12. Spencer Brown, Northern Iowa (6-foot-8, 314 pounds)
Lenox, Iowa (Lenox); Age: 23.09
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:24 PM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
I just don’t see it with Radunz man, especially at 31. I think he’s a G at the end of the day.

Give me Little, Forsythe, or Brown somewhere in round 2 instead.

Why? Arm length?

He has all of the other attributes I’d really want, and he’s also very smart. His senior bowl performance was strong.
[Reply]
Chief Northman 01:31 PM 04-10-2021
I just don’t see it with Radunz man, especially at 31. I think he’s a G at the end of the day.

Give me Little, Forsythe, or Brown somewhere in round 2 instead.
2 of these 3 have hardly played while the other cannot run block
[Reply]
staylor26 01:42 PM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Why? Arm length?

He has all of the other attributes I’d really want, and he’s also very smart. His senior bowl performance was strong.
I just see a small school guy that wasn’t even dominant at that level and it concerns me.
[Reply]
staylor26 01:43 PM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Northman:
2 of these 3 have hardly played while the other cannot run block
Hence why they aren’t 1st rounders.

All 3 have legitimate above average starting LT upside though.

This is the 2nd time I’ve seen you mention Forsythe’s run blocking. Nobody is drafting Forsythe for his run blocking. It’s obviously an area where he needs to improve, but this is a passing team in a passing league.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:08 PM 04-10-2021
Hence why they aren’t 1st rounders.

All 3 have legitimate above average starting LT upside though.

This is the 2nd time I’ve seen you mention Forsythe’s run blocking. Nobody is drafting Forsythe for his run blocking. It’s obviously an area where he needs to improve, but this is a passing team in a passing league.
That's all it really is though is upside. They're literal boom-or-bust prospects in many ways.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:22 PM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
That's all it really is though is upside. They're literal boom-or-bust prospects in many ways.
Yes but I see many of his negatives to be coachable and fixable. He looks thin for his size, which makes sense considering he’s 6’8 307 lbs. I’d like to see him put on 15-20 lbs after his rookie season which should help him with run blocking.

He’s got excellent length, height and athleticism.

Dude is athletic as hell though. Andy probably saw this clip and wanted more info on him.

Bold Prediction: With the 31st pick in the 2021 NFL draft the Kansas City Chiefs select @stone_forsythe OT, Florida. The 6-9 315 lbs Forsythe allows Mahomes to feel he’s protected from the blind side while he continues his growth in the NFL. pic.twitter.com/KB0gNBhtph

— Phillip V. McGruder (@McGruderPmac) April 5, 2021

[Reply]
htismaqe 02:24 PM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Yes but I see many of his negatives to be coachable and fixable. He looks thin for his size, which makes sense considering he’s 6’8 307 lbs. I’d like to see him put on 15-20 lbs after his rookie season which should help him with run blocking.

He’s got excellent length, height and athleticism.

Dude is athletic as hell though. Andy probably saw this clip and wanted more info on him.

For sure.

What I'm saying is that you might as well take a flyer on a guy like that, because of his upside, because there aren't any "sure things" in this draft, that are within reach of the Chiefs anyway. Slater is probably a sure thing but on the interior. Darrisaw is close to a sure thing. Sewell is really the only SURE thing.

After that, it's a lot of question marks. Might as well swing for the fences in that case.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:49 PM 04-10-2021
Darrisaw has issues with his work ethic and playing 100% during games. That and he didn’t come from an offense that had many deep drops like the Chiefs do. Not to say he couldn’t but that’s an issue if you’re trading up to get him.
[Reply]
RunKC 03:06 PM 04-10-2021
For sure.

What I'm saying is that you might as well take a flyer on a guy like that, because of his upside, because there aren't any "sure things" in this draft, that are within reach of the Chiefs anyway. Slater is probably a sure thing but on the interior. Darrisaw is close to a sure thing. Sewell is really the only SURE thing.

After that, it's a lot of question marks. Might as well swing for the fences in that case.
Yeah there isn’t a huge disparity between Jenkins and Forsythe as overall players. Both are better at thins the other isn’t, but as of now there appears to be 2 “sure things” at OT with Sewell and Slater with Darrisaw having questions of his own.

I wonder if the Chiefs will trade down from 31, pick Forsythe and gather more picks?

I’m not sure that he’s gonna be there at 63. Seems like his ceiling is in the middle 2nd rd. If they really feel he’s worth it then trade down and get more picks.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:12 PM 04-10-2021

I know, which is why you’re getting them in round 2 as opposed to round 1 like I said...

I don’t really see your point. You don’t want to trade up for a T. You don’t want to take one at 31. Now you don’t want to take a shot at one of these guys in the 2nd? What exactly do you prefer?
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:16 PM 04-10-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Darrisaw has issues with his work ethic and playing 100% during games. That and he didn’t come from an offense that had many deep drops like the Chiefs do. Not to say he couldn’t but that’s an issue if you’re trading up to get him.
Right. That’s exactly my point. There’s no reason to trade up. There’s no reason to even lock in on LT at 31. The separation between everybody after the top 2-3 just isn’t enough to worry about it. Find the guy with the highest upside and get him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:18 PM 04-10-2021
I know, which is why you’re getting them in round 2 as opposed to round 1 like I said...

I don’t really see your point. You don’t want to trade up for a T. You don’t want to take one at 31. Now you don’t want to take a shot at one of these guys in the 2nd? What exactly do you prefer?
How did you get that out of what I posted?

I don’t want to trade up. That is true.

I don’t care if they take a guy at 31. I just don’t think it’s necessary. There’s not enough qualitative difference between these guys to justify locking in on a first round OT.

I am absolutely on board with taking a guy like Forsythe in the 2nd or even later. In fact, that’s my whole point.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:21 PM 04-10-2021
How did you get that out of what I posted?

I don’t want to trade up. That is true.

I don’t care if they take a guy at 31. I just don’t think it’s necessary. There’s not enough qualitative difference between these guys to justify locking in on a first round OT.

I am absolutely on board with taking a guy like Forsythe in the 2nd or even later. In fact, that’s my whole point.
Like I said, I didn’t understand your point in the first place. I had already pointed out and agreed that there’s a reason they aren’t 1st rounders.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:39 PM 04-10-2021
Like I said, I didn’t understand your point in the first place. I had already pointed out and agreed that there’s a reason they aren’t 1st rounders.
I was agreeing with you. They’re worth the risk because they’re not significantly riskier than most of the first round guys and arguably a guy like Forsythe has a higher upside at a lower cost.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:48 PM 04-10-2021
I was agreeing with you. They’re worth the risk because they’re not significantly riskier than most of the first round guys and arguably a guy like Forsythe has a higher upside at a lower cost.
Gotcha, my apologies.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 31
« First < 142021222324 25262728 > Last »
Up