Page 900 of 934
« First < 400800850890896897898899900 901902903904910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Investing megathread extravaganza
DaFace 11:23 AM 06-27-2016
A place to talk about investing stuff.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:04 PM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I got this when Cabelas got brought out by Bass Pro.

I was getting a shitload of communication about it. It might be because I bought it through an ESPP, but I got notification about the vote and my voting rights and then like a forest-worth of letters about the buyout and the funding.

It's probably different for brokered accounts, but I presume there is a chunk of cash in your brokerage account?
Yeah, I got a bunch of cash in my brokerage account. But the market went up three percent before I noticed what had happened, so I think they made me leave some cash on the table. Coincidentally, it happened at about the same time that I had moved a bunch of cash, so it got camouflaged a bit.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:23 PM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Yeah, I got a bunch of cash in my brokerage account. But the market went up three percent before I noticed what had happened, so I think they made me leave some cash on the table. Coincidentally, it happened at about the same time that I had moved a bunch of cash, so it got camouflaged a bit.
Yeah, its annoying your brokerage outfit didn't give you a warning bark.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:25 PM 05-03-2023
Originally Posted by jjchieffan:
I'm curious if any of you are invested in, or familiar with an OTC stock called AITX. I've been investing in it for a while now. The stock is cheap right now at .0062. But I believe that it has a great outlook. They are producing AI security equipment, which plays great in this economy where wages are rising and typically low paying security guard positions are hard to fill. I've seen them go from working out of a garage in California, to a large warehouse space in Detroit. Their sales and revenues are steadily increasing and they are projected to reach profitability in the next 8-12 months. When that happens, this stock should start to run. I currently have about 3/4 million shares and am building towards a million before they hit the break even point.
A big thing that I like about the company is how transparent they are. The CEO, Steve Reinhartz, has a weekly 15 minute update video for the investors, a quarterly AMA, and an annual investor open house that is recorded and posted online for those who can't go. They have weapon detection software and have donated that to several at risk, needy schools to help reduce the risk of school shootings.
They are also getting their products into movies and TV shows. Several of their devices are going to be in the Blue Beetle movie. I've already seen them on the trailer. They are also going to be in a yet to be disclosed TV show that is airing next month. I have no idea if that will help with sales, but it certainly couldn't hurt. Either way, it's kinda cool to see products from a startup company that I'm invested in to showing up in that format.
Anyway if anyone is interested in taking a look, their website is AITX.ai. You can find news releases and plenty of information there. Also, the weekly updates and AMA"s are on the AITX YouTube channel.
Interesting, thanks.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:47 PM 05-03-2023
Yeah, its annoying your brokerage outfit didn't give you a warning bark.
In fairness, they probably did, but I get a lot of those proxy vote notices and annual meeting notices, and I don't pay attention to them.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:47 PM 05-03-2023
I'm curious if any of you are invested in, or familiar with an OTC stock called AITX. I've been investing in it for a while now. The stock is cheap right now at .0062. But I believe that it has a great outlook. They are producing AI security equipment, which plays great in this economy where wages are rising and typically low paying security guard positions are hard to fill. I've seen them go from working out of a garage in California, to a large warehouse space in Detroit. Their sales and revenues are steadily increasing and they are projected to reach profitability in the next 8-12 months. When that happens, this stock should start to run. I currently have about 3/4 million shares and am building towards a million before they hit the break even point.
A big thing that I like about the company is how transparent they are. The CEO, Steve Reinhartz, has a weekly 15 minute update video for the investors, a quarterly AMA, and an annual investor open house that is recorded and posted online for those who can't go. They have weapon detection software and have donated that to several at risk, needy schools to help reduce the risk of school shootings.
They are also getting their products into movies and TV shows. Several of their devices are going to be in the Blue Beetle movie. I've already seen them on the trailer. They are also going to be in a yet to be disclosed TV show that is airing next month. I have no idea if that will help with sales, but it certainly couldn't hurt. Either way, it's kinda cool to see products from a startup company that I'm invested in to showing up in that format.
Anyway if anyone is interested in taking a look, their website is AITX.ai. You can find news releases and plenty of information there. Also, the weekly updates and AMA"s are on the AITX YouTube channel.
That's intriguing. I was just looking today for some way to get into some AI stocks. I'll look at that one.
[Reply]
jjchieffan 10:50 PM 05-03-2023
Cool. I'm glad to see that there is some interest. I wasn't sure since a lot of people stay away from OTC stock. Let me know what you think after you take a look.
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 06:35 PM 05-05-2023
Buy a little LUV here.
[Reply]
-King- 06:44 PM 05-05-2023
This is like GME/AMC/BBBY/DWAC style stock pitch.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 10:29 AM 05-06-2023
Anybody here using ChatGpt to make any money ? I've been piddling with it to find stock leads but it doesn't have access to current news.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 12:01 PM 05-06-2023
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
That's intriguing. I was just looking today for some way to get into some AI stocks. I'll look at that one.
Here you go Rainman, Julie has you covered.

[Reply]
KCUnited 11:19 AM 05-15-2023
This post is not intended to induce political discussion, just looking for financial impact insights only.

I've been notified that my 401K target fund is being transitioned from Vanguard to a similar BlackRock target fund.

The funds seem to be aligned fairly well with slight variance in return over 10 years however the expense ratio is 2.5x higher resulting in a lower ending value.

I'm obviously going to do more of my own research but wondering if anyone here can think of any other valid financial downsides of my 401K target fund moving from Vanguard to BR?

There's speculation making the rounds here that BR might be at risk with regards to commercial real estate markets
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:38 AM 05-15-2023
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
This post is not intended to induce political discussion, just looking for financial impact insights only.

I've been notified that my 401K target fund is being transitioned from Vanguard to a similar BlackRock target fund.

The funds seem to be aligned fairly well with slight variance in return over 10 years however the expense ratio is 2.5x higher resulting in a lower ending value.

I'm obviously going to do more of my own research but wondering if anyone here can think of any other valid financial downsides of my 401K target fund moving from Vanguard to BR?

There's speculation making the rounds here that BR might be at risk with regards to commercial real estate markets
Unless they’re committing fraud you shouldn’t lose your equities.

If they eat a mountain of shit in commercial real estate, they could jack their fees, which you’re aware of the impact. But I don’t think your 401k dollars should be at risk. Those are your equities, they’re just brokering them.

The fee thing is not great Bob. I THINK, you should check with a professional first, but I THINK a you can roll your 401K money into a similarly taxed IRA (Roth to Roth or Traditional to Traditional) if you want to recapture that.

Vanguard self directed IRAs are pretty easy. But you need to do it right so they don’t send you a 1099 with a million penalties.

Especially on your initial principal, because they’re going to roll it from 401K to 401K. I don’t know how old you are but probably not too old for it to not matter.
[Reply]
KCUnited 11:51 AM 05-15-2023
Unless they’re committing fraud you shouldn’t lose your equities.

If they eat a mountain of shit in commercial real estate, they could jack their fees, which you’re aware of the impact. But I don’t think your 401k dollars should be at risk. Those are your equities, they’re just brokering them.

The fee thing is not great Bob. I THINK, you should check with a professional first, but I THINK a you can roll your 401K money into a similarly taxed IRA (Roth to Roth or Traditional to Traditional) if you want to recapture that.

Vanguard self directed IRAs are pretty easy. But you need to do it right so they don’t send you a 1099 with a million penalties.

Especially on your initial principal, because they’re going to roll it from 401K to 401K. I don’t know how old you are but probably not too old for it to not matter.
Good info and pretty much how I feel about the actual equities within the fund.

There's A LOT of frenzied panic here as this coincides with a return to office model which is practically a copy pasta from BR's CEO interview rounds.

I'll probably consult with a professional as we have some other things in the mix that I could use advice on.
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:01 PM 05-15-2023
Good info and pretty much how I feel about the actual equities within the fund.

There's A LOT of frenzied panic here as this coincides with a return to office model which is practically a copy pasta from BR's CEO interview rounds.

I'll probably consult with a professional as we have some other things in the mix that I could use advice on.
Panic is the flavor of the day it seems. Talk to your guy about the fees and rolling it. I’d try to shoot for once a year roll it out into something that doesn’t cost you as much.

If you’re not over the income limit you could reduce your 401K contributions (presuming you’re contributing more than your match %) and contribute to a traditional IRA. If you’re under the catch up age limit I’m pretty sure it is 6K for you, 6K for the wife if that is an easier path.
[Reply]
ChiliConCarnage 06:28 PM 05-15-2023

Black rock is huge. I'm not sure why the fees would be significantly higher. They have more AUM than Vanguard. That article seems to be mixing up Blackrock and Blackstone. Blackrock spun out of Blackstone decades ago as a financial services firm. Blackstone is more the PE/Real estate group

Your 401k shouldn't be at risk even if Vanguard or Blackrock went under.
[Reply]
Page 900 of 934
« First < 400800850890896897898899900 901902903904910 > Last »
Up